Celine trapeze quality - cracks in the sealant

lollie_830

Aug 24, 2006
I just received my preowned trapeze bag and also my very first Celine. Upon examining I noticed there are some cracks on the wings of the bag along the sealant, mainly where the bag folds. Is this normal? For such an expensive bag, I feel like this shouldn't happen.

I attached a picture of two of the cracks but there are a couple smaller ones in other parts of the bag too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,436
I just received my preowned trapeze bag and also my very first Celine. Upon examining I noticed there are some cracks on the wings of the bag along the sealant, mainly where the bag folds. Is this normal? For such an expensive bag, I feel like this shouldn't happen.

I attached a picture of two of the cracks but there are a couple smaller ones in other parts of the bag too.

Humm, to be honest we really can't see anything but I guess if your bag is a preowned one, the owner stuffed is a lot and it cracked a little bit. I checked both of my trapeze and no cracks.. Hmm maybe ask a Celine SA? but I don't think they would accept to arrange it since it's really not noticeable...

Last edited:
Humm, to be honest we really can't see anything but I guess if your bag is a preowned one, the owner stuffed is a lot and it cracked a little bit. I checked both of my trapeze and no cracks.. Hmm maybe ask a Celine SA? but I don't think they would accept to arrange it since it's really not noticeable...

here's a bigger pic with arrows pointing to the cracks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,341
Last edited:
here's a bigger pic with the arrows pointing to the cracks

I see what you mean, I have the exact same bag as yours: Trapeze in Souris (can see it from the white lining and bordeaux-brown interior)
However you shouldnt be worry about that, enjoy your bag, you're lucky to have the Trapèze in Souris, Souris color is a great color plus the SA told me that its not just a season color but they do it for each season ;)

I see what you mean, I have the exact same bag as yours: Trapeze in Souris (can see it from the white lining and bordeaux-brown interior)
However you shouldnt be worry about that, enjoy your bag, you're lucky to have the Trapèze in Souris, Souris color is a great color plus the SA told me that its not just a season color but they do it for each season ;)
it is the souris and I fell in love with the color as soon as I laid eyes on it. I'm happy to hear its not just a seasonal color.

knowing its preowned, I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but the cracks do bother me

my thoughts were that since I have the original receipt I would be able to bring it to Barney's and ask an SA there if this is normal wear and tear. the bag was purchased last year and overall is in excellent preowned condition with exception of the cracks on the sealant.

You can definitely return to Celine for repair & if you don't have the receipt they will just charge that's rubbish that you need the receipt.

I had a major problem with my Trapeze but Celine fixed it & it was done even better than when I first bought it I have noticed that the glazing/sealant has cracked in 2 places on the handle of the Vermillon Mini.

You can definitely return to Celine for repair & if you don't have the receipt they will just charge that's rubbish that you need the receipt.

I had a major problem with my Trapeze but Celine fixed it & it was done even better than when I first bought it I have noticed that the glazing/sealant has cracked in 2 places on the handle of the Vermillon Mini.

Perfect! :smile: By the way do you know what happens if the receipt is in someone else's name (the previous owner)?

Thanks in advance!