Celine Noob

jessi5786

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
Hello all,

I've been a lurker in the Celine threads for some time now, and I think I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but I have a few questions for you seasoned Celine vets.

How easy is it to find a luggage in Dune (drummed leather) in the NYC area? I would need to try out the sizes as I'm torn between a nano and a micro/mini. I've never seen them IRL.

Also, is there any advantage to purchasing at one store over another, like say Barneys vs the Celine Boutique?

I'm also concerned about the handles of a Dune bag getting dirty, thoughts?

I appreciate any info/advice you have!

:smile:

Hello all,

I've been a lurker in the Celine threads for some time now, and I think I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but I have a few questions for you seasoned Celine vets.

How easy is it to find a luggage in Dune (drummed leather) in the NYC area? I would need to try out the sizes as I'm torn between a nano and a micro/mini. I've never seen them IRL.

Also, is there any advantage to purchasing at one store over another, like say Barneys vs the Celine Boutique?

I can try to help but I have to declare that I am by no means a Celine vet. :lol: I've only recently started obsessing about Celine.

I don't know how easy it would be to find Celine's in NYC, sorry not much help there but in terms of which size to get, it really depends on what you like. A nano is quite small but there is a longer strap. There is definitely a sizeable difference between the micro and mini. Being petite, I prefer the micro size to fit my frame and I also find the mini tends to be quite heavy even when I don't put many things in there.

I don't know much about Barneys or Celine boutiques as I don't have access to them being that I am Canadian. I hope this information helped a bit! Good luck in finding the right one for you!!

I'm no expert either but from personal experience--the Celine boutique tends to have pretty good stocks color/size-wise. If you want a micro, that is probably your best shot.

Department stores may have different colors than the boutique, and since Celine has an exchange-only return policy, you could consider that if you think you might change your mind.

As for size, it really depends how much you want to carry around every day and what size bags you think look best on you. Nano can be cute on everyone, but if you are used to carrying around a lot of stuff, it might not be optimal. My micro fits all my everyday stuff, including my iPad. Mini looked too big on me (although I'm only 5'0) but is probably best if you want a work bag that holds notebooks and maybe a laptop, similar things.

Hope that helps!

Oops, also, there is a fairly good shot that you could find Dune, it's not too rare in my experience. If you're worried about the handles, you could wrap them with twillies (twillys? What is the plural?) which I think is adorable and also allows you to change up the look of your bag.

I'm no expert either but from personal experience--the Celine boutique tends to have pretty good stocks color/size-wise. If you want a micro, that is probably your best shot.

Department stores may have different colors than the boutique, and since Celine has an exchange-only return policy, you could consider that if you think you might change your mind.

As for size, it really depends how much you want to carry around every day and what size bags you think look best on you. Nano can be cute on everyone, but if you are used to carrying around a lot of stuff, it might not be optimal. My micro fits all my everyday stuff, including my iPad. Mini looked too big on me (although I'm only 5'0) but is probably best if you want a work bag that holds notebooks and maybe a laptop, similar things.

Hope that helps!

Hi biorin, yes this information is quite helpful! I didn't realize that boutiques only allowed exchanges. Also, it's great to hear that the micro fits all those items! I'm also on the smaller size 5'2" and I think the micro will probaby look best.

Oops, also, there is a fairly good shot that you could find Dune, it's not too rare in my experience. If you're worried about the handles, you could wrap them with twillies (twillys? What is the plural?) which I think is adorable and also allows you to change up the look of your bag.

I'm glad that I won't have a problem getting Dune. I have thought about the twillys*(?) too!! I guess I'll have to look more into this. Now all that's left is getting to the city so I can try them all on and fondle them.

Thanks for all the useful info biorin!!!

I think that if I do a phone order with Celine, I can avoid paying taxes as I do not have a boutique in my state...can someone confirm?

Micro is more rare than Mini in the U.S. If this is the only combo you want, I feel you will have a better chance to find it from the boutique than the department stores. However, boutique only allows exchange with a certain period of time but almost all department stores will allow returns. Also, if the state you are in doesn't have a Celine boutique, you will not need to pay taxes but you may need to pay taxes if you purchase from department stores even it is a mail order.

Due is a very pretty color. Good luck with your searching.

Hello all,

I had recently purchased a micro in dune at barneys in madison! I ended up exchanging it though for a mini in a different color though. I think you should check the barneys in madison for sure!

I had recently purchased a micro in dune at barneys in madison! I ended up exchanging it though for a mini in a different color though. I think you should check the barneys in madison for sure!

I will definitely check out Barneys when I can get myself out to the city, hopefully in the next few weeks! Just out of curiosity, do you mind if I ask why you upgraded to a mini and also to a different color?

Thank you! :flowers:

I will definitely check out Barneys when I can get myself out to the city, hopefully in the next few weeks! Just out of curiosity, do you mind if I ask why you upgraded to a mini and also to a different color?

Thank you! :flowers:

For me personally I thought the micro looked a bit awkward (I'm 5'4", 110lb, picture below). I originally considered the micro b/c I thought the mini looked too big on me and thought it would be lighter in weight than the mini, but mini's actually not that heavy and I figured I want my Celine to be a statement piece so why not go big. Also, the price difference b/w the two was only $200. I got the almond color instead b/c I was really into the greenish shade it had - completely a personal preference. The dune however is a really really beautiful color and a great neutral that goes with everything I feel. It was a very very tough choice for me. Good luck deciding!! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 470