I feel dumb - but at least i tried??

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi TB fans,

So I purchased a pre-loved TB Amanda slouchy satchel, but it was in the color bleach. I only own one other white bag because I'm not very good about keeping things clean, but it was a good deal and I liked the bag.

Soooo - it arrived and was pretty dirty. I tried to clean with all sorts of different stuff and I ended up making it worse. I did a test spot in the back without any issues but of course when I did the front where is mattered, it made a mess!

So, I kept scrubbing and kept making it worse lol. Thank gosh I didn't pay a ton for this. I came up with a way to cover it up, but really the whole bag was pretty messy to begin with.

Here are the pics:

The progression : before I started - as I was working - the sad state when I didn't stop trying - when I covered it up

What do you think? Just leave it uncovered or cover with the Gucci scarf?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Attachments

• image-768264528.jpg
    image-768264528.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image-4029085968.jpg
    image-4029085968.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2824812019.jpg
    image-2824812019.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 32
  • image-1715053246.jpg
    image-1715053246.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image-3429741567.jpg
    image-3429741567.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 30
harlem_cutie said:
bag looks fine w/o the scarf. The bag is still pretty. Looks like I bet if you take it to a shoe repair place they can redye the leather or touch it up.

Hi Harlem cutie!

That's actually what I was thinking. Hubby stole my car for the day but I think I will try tomorrow and see what they say.

Thank you!!
Amanda

MJDaisy said:
i don't thik it looks bad ...just looks like a white bag! not super dirty or gross IMO.

i like it better without the scarf :smile:

Lol thanks! It just definitely looked better before I started my "handy" work. I wish I would stop trying to fix things myself hah...thank you so much for the post!!

Hi TB fans,

So I purchased a pre-loved TB Amanda slouchy satchel, but it was in the color bleach. I only own one other white bag because I'm not very good about keeping things clean, but it was a good deal and I liked the bag.

Soooo - it arrived and was pretty dirty. I tried to clean with all sorts of different stuff and I ended up making it worse. I did a test spot in the back without any issues but of course when I did the front where is mattered, it made a mess!

So, I kept scrubbing and kept making it worse lol. Thank gosh I didn't pay a ton for this. I came up with a way to cover it up, but really the whole bag was pretty messy to begin with.

Here are the pics:

The progression : before I started - as I was working - the sad state when I didn't stop trying - when I covered it up

What do you think? Just leave it uncovered or cover with the Gucci scarf?

Thanks for your thoughts!!
I wouldn't cover it. Its a beautiful bag!