Winter speedy bag question

Hi everybody, I got my fist speedy in october and I wonder if its okay to use it in winter. Its a Speedy 30 in DE. Here in montreal, the winter goes from -10 to -25... I wonder if it will damage the leather is I use it outside while its freezing. How do I take care of it?? Please help me because Im afraid to use it and I love my bag so much!! its my first lv bag and im new to this :shucks:

DE Speedy is a perfect winter bag -- and I think it will be fine in your winter temps, too, since you won't be leaving it outside in the cold - just in and out I would guess. Congrats and Enjoy!!

so its okay if I use it in the deep cold only inside and out?? OMG THANKS for the reply Ive been scared to death to use it and I havent been using it since 2 months :sad: do I need to take care of the leather with some products??

Hi, the DE does not need any products because the leather has a coating.

The only issue I've had when carrying my Speedy in the winter was when I slipped on a icy spot and fell on top of the bag :shame:

Oh Ellie! You poor thing! I feel a few weeks ago, but I fell with my left hand up in the air so my Alma wouldn't hit the ground. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. :wacko:

Laurenne: I live in Chicago (brrrrrr) and use my mono and epi bags with impunity. The cold hasn't bothered them one bit. Me, on the other hand, I don't adjust to the cold as well.

Salut!

I remember it getting down to -29c when I lived in Montreal.

This week I only had to deal with -17c. And I carried my DE speedy and it was fine.

so its okay if I use it in the deep cold only inside and out?? OMG THANKS for the reply Ive been scared to death to use it and I havent been using it since 2 months :sad: do I need to take care of the leather with some products??

This is the best all weather bag IMO. I wear mine in the pouring rain and never dry it afterwards or anything and it still looks brand new! There is no leather product needed for this bag since it's already treated with the brown, unlike the mono and azur speedy.

Hi everybody, I got my fist speedy in october and I wonder if its okay to use it in winter. Its a Speedy 30 in DE. Here in montreal, the winter goes from -10 to -25... I wonder if it will damage the leather is I use it outside while its freezing. How do I take care of it?? Please help me because Im afraid to use it and I love my bag so much!! its my first lv bag and im new to this :shucks:

My weather is like yours and I use my DE bags in the rain and snow and they hold up great! I've been stuck in the rain with my Verona MM and you just dry it off and good as new! I have been using my Thames GM last few days in the cold cold weather here and its fine and I don't have to worry about the vachetta if the weather turns bad ..... Definitely use it and enjoy it!!

Oh Ellie! You poor thing! I feel a few weeks ago, but I fell with my left hand up in the air so my Alma wouldn't hit the ground. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. :wacko:

Laurenne: I live in Chicago (brrrrrr) and use my mono and epi bags with impunity. The cold hasn't bothered them one bit. Me, on the other hand, I don't adjust to the cold as well.
hahahha thanks for the comment now I will use it with pride and no worries :biggrin:

My weather is like yours and I use my DE bags in the rain and snow and they hold up great! I've been stuck in the rain with my Verona MM and you just dry it off and good as new! I have been using my Thames GM last few days in the cold cold weather here and its fine and I don't have to worry about the vachetta if the weather turns bad ..... Definitely use it and enjoy it!!
thank you so much for your comment! I will finally use it without worrying :biggrin: