I can't decide whether to keep this...

DeanaDuck

Apr 28, 2012
I was gifted a Madison sequin python clutch by a customer. It's lovely, but I don't think I'm ever going to use it. I've held onto it for 6 months, just pondering. I already have evening clutches that I like better and am more likely to use.

Should I just return it and use the credit for something new? Or is it worth keeping?

Pic from the DD: (I can take pics if anyone's interested)

Attachments

• 21274_qbsil_a0.jpg
    21274_qbsil_a0.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 475
If it's already at the outlets, do you ladies think they'll give me original price?

It didn't have a tag or a gift receipt, and there is no way I'd embarrass my customer by asking for one. But it's very obviously still unused. I still have the gift box, even. No bullet stamping or anything on the creed.

If it's already at the outlets, do you ladies think they'll give me original price?

It didn't have a tag or a gift receipt, and there is no way I'd embarrass my customer by asking for one. But it's very obviously still unused. I still have the gift box, even. No bullet stamping or anything on the creed.

If there's no bullet, I'd imagine that they would give you the full price for an exchange. You do still have the price tag? If not, they may assume it was used.

It was a gift and she clipped the tag before giving it to me.

Hmm, I'm not sure how that works. Call your local store and tell them that it was a gift and ask if they will exchange it. Are you sure that she bought it from the Coach store? It could've come from a dept store too, so I'm not sure on this one. It's worth asking though...all they can say is no. If they will not exchange it, you could always try to sell it as 'new without tags' online to get some money out of it and toward a new purchase.

Hmm, I'm not sure how that works. Call your local store and tell them that it was a gift and ask if they will exchange it. Are you sure that she bought it from the Coach store? It could've come from a dept store too, so I'm not sure on this one. It's worth asking though...all they can say is no. If they will not exchange it, you could always try to sell it as 'new without tags' online to get some money out of it and toward a new purchase.

Aww, man... I hadn't even thought about the dept stores. It came in a Coach gift box (from the FP store, not outlet) so I'm hoping that means it came from there.

I'm so leery of selling it myself, due to hearing horror stories about false chargebacks w/ no return of goods.

I guess even the outlet sale price is something. I actually *want* store credit, so I have an excuse to get something new :smile:

Take it back to FP, with the box, and explain it was a gift. They will probably give you credit to use against another purchase. If you go this weekend there is the 25% PCE so your credit will go a little further.

Any ideas what you want to get?

I called and they said to bring it in. Stopped in tonight and they were able to give me full credit. Yay!

I wish I'd thought about this before I bought my wish list items last week when the PCE started. I think I'm going to hold out for something in the next floor set. Or pre-fall, if I have the will power...

I called and they said to bring it in. Stopped in tonight and they were able to give me full credit. Yay!

I wish I'd thought about this before I bought my wish list items last week when the PCE started. I think I'm going to hold out for something in the next floor set. Or pre-fall, if I have the will power...

Yay! So glad that worked out well. Hope you get something you really love.