What do we think of the Neverfull Idylle?

Sep 29, 2011
Is it worth spending the extra money? Is there any reason to stick with the coated canvas ones instead? I saw 3 today at LV (DE, Mono ID) and the Idylle seemed like the nicest of the 3. The SA implied that the fabric is very strong and will last a long time. I like that the handles aren't stiff like the DE one's , but won't stain like the Mono. It's a happy medium. Anyone have any negative experiences with this fabric?

I have the DE and Idylle (the color name escapes me at this moment - Dark brown -almost black)Neverfull MM. I love, love, love the Idylle NF!

I went overseas for a month this past summer and I left my DE NF at home. STUPID mistake. I tried to travel light and only brought a cross-shoulder bag with me. It only held my sunglasses and camera, and it was a real pain. When we got to Stockholm, Sweden, my husband took me to LV to pick out a new bag that I could use for the rest of the month. My eyes went right toward the Idylle NF. Since I already had a NF back at home, I continued to look for something else, but I kept going back to the Idylle. It was just released in the United States, so this was the first time I had seen it in person. After the tax rebate, I ended up saving a little over $300 USF.

Using it was amazing. It is so soft and comfortable and smooshy. And I did not baby it at all. I even used it on an overnight cruise to Finland and I stuffed it full of liquor bottles. It held up great. I've used it for seven months and it shows no signs of wear. I hope this helps you. I wanted to do a reveal when I got it, but my mother got sick with lung cancer and I didn't have the time.

I have the DE and Idylle (the color name escapes me at this moment - Dark brown -almost black)Neverfull MM. I love, love, love the Idylle NF!

I went overseas for a month this past summer and I left my DE NF at home. STUPID mistake. I tried to travel light and only brought a cross-shoulder bag with me. It only held my sunglasses and camera, and it was a real pain. When we got to Stockholm, Sweden, my husband took me to LV to pick out a new bag that I could use for the rest of the month. My eyes went right toward the Idylle NF. Since I already had a NF back at home, I continued to look for something else, but I kept going back to the Idylle. It was just released in the United States, so this was the first time I had seen it in person. After the tax rebate, I ended up saving a little over $300 USF.

Using it was amazing. It is so soft and comfortable and smooshy. And I did not baby it at all. I even used it on an overnight cruise to Finland and I stuffed it full of liquor bottles. It held up great. I've used it for seven months and it shows no signs of wear. I hope this helps you. I wanted to do a reveal when I got it, but my mother got sick with lung cancer and I didn't have the time.
Thank you for your reply. That was a great review, very helpful. I hope the situation improved for your mom. :flowers:

Another question on your bag. If you're wearing light colors- like white jeans, do you think the dark color of the bag will transfer onto your white jeans? When people talk about color transfer do they mean from the bag to their clothes or their clothes to the bag? I could never figure that out. Thanks.

Another question on your bag. If you're wearing light colors- like white jeans, do you think the dark color of the bag will transfer onto your white jeans? When people talk about color transfer do they mean from the bag to their clothes or their clothes to the bag? I could never figure that out. Thanks.

I have not experienced any color transfer with my Idylle Fusain. While I was on vacation I was wearing white and light colored capris, and light colored tops. I held that baby right up next to me most of the time, and I also had her resting on my lap while I was sitting down.

I have not experienced any color transfer with my Idylle Fusain. While I was on vacation I was wearing white and light colored capris, and light colored tops. I held that baby right up next to me most of the time, and I also had her resting on my lap while I was sitting down.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm wondering if more of these are MIF than in the US? I wouldn't want one with that cloth US tag in it. So many things to consider. Im going back and forth between Idylle and Mono. DE is out for sure. Pretty red lining, but the straps are too stiff.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm wondering if more of these are MIF than in the US? I wouldn't want one with that cloth US tag in it. So many things to consider. Im going back and forth between Idylle and Mono. DE is out for sure. Pretty red lining, but the straps are too stiff.

Mine was MIF. I got it in Sweden because I left my NF DE at home in the US. The straps on the Idylle are a lot softer because the leather is not coated, like the mono. Have you seen one in person? It was love at first sight for me. Take your time to think about what you really want.

Is it worth spending the extra money? Is there any reason to stick with the coated canvas ones instead? I saw 3 today at LV (DE, Mono ID) and the Idylle seemed like the nicest of the 3. The SA implied that the fabric is very strong and will last a long time. I like that the handles aren't stiff like the DE one's , but won't stain like the Mono. It's a happy medium. Anyone have any negative experiences with this fabric?

Idylle is beautiful! I too have reservations due to the fact that's its fabric. But I have been gathering some feedbacks from ppl who own one and there's nothing else other than positives responds :smile: I hate my bag to look old or worn. Looks like the idylle can stand the test of time! The idylle speedy is next on my list now:smile: do get the NF, its gorgeous and you dont see it ever so often on the street!

Idylle is beautiful! I too have reservations due to the fact that's its fabric. But I have been gathering some feedbacks from ppl who own one and there's nothing else other than positives responds :smile: I hate my bag to look old or worn. Looks like the idylle can stand the test of time! The idylle speedy is next on my list now:smile: do get the NF, its gorgeous and you dont see it ever so often on the street!

Well, there's a mystery bag sitting here that I'm not allowed to look in until Feb 14. I've been hinting to BF that that NF bags with red interiors have a tendency to crack where the leather is. Should whatever may be in said brown bag, have a red lining, it might go back to the store...:roflmfao: And he said "Trust me, you're not gonna want to return this."
So....he knows I've been waiting a NF for ages. And he knows about all the different fabrics. I'm hoping it's either a Mono or a the Idylle. I'm beyond floored that he even thought to buy anything in LV. Whatever is in there, will be fine by me. Will keep you posted! Now I won't be able to sleep for the next 12 days!

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 638
The Idylle NF is absolutely gorgeous. Loved it when I saw someone carrying one. I hear that Idylle fabric tends to fade, though. It's too bad because I wanted an Idylle Speedy in Fusain :sad: