Best and Worst Experiences at MAC

andrizpiz

Nov 19, 2012
Just curious,

What are some of your BEST and WORST experiences at MAC stores and counters? What happened? What made it so bad or so awesome?

Do you like MAC cosmetics? Name your favourite products from them too if you have any!

Do share!! I love hearing about peoples' experiences :smile:

:smile::smile::smile:

Whenever I was younger, I always had the worst experiences at MAC! Half the time the ladies/men would ignore me. The other half, I'd ask them a question about a product and they'd act as though I had bothered them, even if they weren't busy. I got so bad I stopped going and just ordered everything online! Now that I'm a little older, they're nicer to me. I just wish they would be nice to a paying customer, no matter their age.

My favorite things from MAC are their eyeliners and mascaras. Blacktrack Fluidline and Haute & Naughty mascara are my go-to's (:

Whenever I was younger, I always had the worst experiences at MAC! Half the time the ladies/men would ignore me. The other half, I'd ask them a question about a product and they'd act as though I had bothered them, even if they weren't busy. I got so bad I stopped going and just ordered everything online! Now that I'm a little older, they're nicer to me. I just wish they would be nice to a paying customer, no matter their age.

My favorite things from MAC are their eyeliners and mascaras. Blacktrack Fluidline and Haute & Naughty mascara are my go-to's (:

I experienced the same thing too! especially when I was in high school... i guess it's an assumption that younger peeps probably can't afford to buy quality makeup or something? but I feel that it's the younger generation that brands should build loyalty from early on!

black track is also my fav :smile: and creme cup lipstick is my everyday nude pink color! thanks for sharing! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I experienced the same thing too! especially when I was in high school... i guess it's an assumption that younger peeps probably can't afford to buy quality makeup or something? but I feel that it's the younger generation that brands should build loyalty from early on!

black track is also my fav :smile: and creme cup lipstick is my everyday nude pink color! thanks for sharing! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I feel the exact same way! I've actually went to one MAC in the city, and the lady helped me find a mascara I was looking for (the haute & naughty too black, just as good as the original!) and she was soo nice! She has completely restored my faith in MAC employees! :smile:

I'll have to check out creme cup lipstick, I've been needing a nude lipstick to pair with my smoky eyes (:

I have only had great experiences at Mac. They hug me and my mom when we go. I love Mac pro wear lipliners IMO the best. I Also like the pro lipstick. I just bought new mascara extreme love it.
I am not a fan of their foundation, or powder. I love their brushes. Mac turquoise perfume Also is fresh and smells great. I love their pink and nude lips. Cream D sheen is my fav.

I have only had great experiences at Mac. They hug me and my mom when we go. I love Mac pro wear lipliners IMO the best. I Also like the pro lipstick. I just bought new mascara extreme love it.
I am not a fan of their foundation, or powder. I love their brushes. Mac turquoise perfume Also is fresh and smells great. I love their pink and nude lips. Cream D sheen is my fav.

aww thats great! hugs are always the best. have you tried the new prolongwear eyeliners? you'll love them :smile:

I have been a MAC shopper since I was 15 (over 10 years now) because I am fair and 10+ years ago, there were not many lines with yellow, pink or neutral options for every skin tone. Most fair face products leaned very pink (such as Clinique, Lancome, EL, which were the predominate makeup lines at the time). I ended up at MAC because I didn't have a choice and had money to burn as a teen with my first jobs.

I really have never had a bad MAC experience no matter what city or country I'm in and I appreciate that the majority of their employees are well-educated on product which makes a huge difference.

I have since explored many different brands especially as the beauty industry began to swell in the past five years or so and we have SO many options, even at drugstores. Still, I think MAC is some of the best makeup you can buy for the price. For me, their shadows are almost as good as Chanel, but at a far more affordable price point. Chanel shadows (for me anyway) are the best.

I have been a MAC shopper since I was 15 (over 10 years now) because I am fair and 10+ years ago, there were not many lines with yellow, pink or neutral options for every skin tone. Most fair face products leaned very pink (such as Clinique, Lancome, EL, which were the predominate makeup lines at the time). I ended up at MAC because I didn't have a choice and had money to burn as a teen with my first jobs.

I really have never had a bad MAC experience no matter what city or country I'm in and I appreciate that the majority of their employees are well-educated on product which makes a huge difference.

I have since explored many different brands especially as the beauty industry began to swell in the past five years or so and we have SO many options, even at drugstores. Still, I think MAC is some of the best makeup you can buy for the price. For me, their shadows are almost as good as Chanel, but at a far more affordable price point. Chanel shadows (for me anyway) are the best.

I absolutely agree! For the overall quality of mac products, they're not expensive at all. Sometimes theyre so busy its hard to get in-depth help but ive generally enjoyed most of my visits

MAC was the first make-up brand I wore when I started wearing make-up many moons ago. I was always treated nice for the most part and was always recommended the right products. When premier brands started expanding their lines, I got hooked on Chanel and never purchased MAC again. So I don't have a favorite MAC product since I don't wear anything MAC anymore however Ravishing lipstick use to be a favorite.

MAC was the first make-up brand I wore when I started wearing make-up many moons ago. I was always treated nice for the most part and was always recommended the right products. When premier brands started expanding their lines, I got hooked on Chanel and never purchased MAC again. So I don't have a favorite MAC product since I don't wear anything MAC anymore however Ravishing lipstick use to be a favorite.

Ravishing lipstick is a very color! I always have a hard time picking lipsticks at mac cause there's so many choices

I LOVE the MAC counter at Nordstrom in Bellevue Square. They're always so helpful and enthusiastic!

The MAC store at University Village in Seattle - NO NO NO. Too full of themselves with wayyyy too much attitude. Never an acknowledgement despite me being dressed well, happy, rockin' MAC and ready to chitchat!

Now, the MAC store at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City (was there last summer at a convention) is fantastic. The girls were so warm, friendly and helpful...totally changed my impressions of MAC stores compared to my experience at home.

XXXOO PG

I LOVE the MAC counter at Nordstrom in Bellevue Square. They're always so helpful and enthusiastic!

The MAC store at University Village in Seattle - NO NO NO. Too full of themselves with wayyyy too much attitude. Never an acknowledgement despite me being dressed well, happy, rockin' MAC and ready to chitchat!

Now, the MAC store at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City (was there last summer at a convention) is fantastic. The girls were so warm, friendly and helpful...totally changed my impressions of MAC stores compared to my experience at home.

XXXOO PG

I guess it varies! but at least most of your visits have been pleasant :smile:

Thankfully i've always had great experiences with MAC. Ive been using MAC since 1992. First thing i ever bought was Chili lipstick :biggrin:
I am actually really lucky...in the fact that where i live there are 3 MAC counters i go to and all the girls/guys know me well so every experience is great. I even get texts or a fb message saying whats coming out that i might like.

Thankfully i've always had great experiences with MAC. Ive been using MAC since 1992. First thing i ever bought was Chili lipstick :biggrin:
I am actually really lucky...in the fact that where i live there are 3 MAC counters i go to and all the girls/guys know me well so every experience is great. I even get texts or a fb message saying whats coming out that i might like.

chili is such a nice alternative to wearing bright reds sometimes! the mall i work at has a mac counter and a free standing store. so its great when one store runs out of something they can call the other one and put stuff on hold for me