Dilemma about Buying Burberry Prorsum

ujili

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
Hi peeps! I love burberry, Christopher Bailey and Burberry Prorsum. I buy bags from Burberry Prorsum during the season at full retail price but if the bags don't sell out then Prorsum goes to outlet. This kind of makes me sad and angry because I could have waited a little bit longer to buy those Prorsum bags because Prorsum bags are very expensive. Now I am eying a Burberry Spring Summer 2013 Metallic Cowslip tote and I really like it but I am wondering whether I should wait or not because I don't want to pay full retail for it then find it at a discounted price in outlets. It feels like a kick in the stomach. What should i do? Please help.

That's a difficult one.

For me, if it's something I really, really love and am sure that I'd be able to justify full price because I'd use it lots, then I wouldn't want to take the risk of something selling out.

However, if it's something I really like but am not head over heels over, then I'd probably wait.

I've waited, lost and regretted a few purchases in the past so I'm not so keen on risking it these days.

That's a difficult one.

For me, if it's something I really, really love and am sure that I'd be able to justify full price because I'd use it lots, then I wouldn't want to take the risk of something selling out.

However, if it's something I really like but am not head over heels over, then I'd probably wait.

I've waited, lost and regretted a few purchases in the past so I'm not so keen on risking it these days.

You have a point there...I love burberry and i support it...sometimes it just angers me thats all...if they didnt take their products to the outlet and discount it, i wouldn't be mad...i think burberry should stop discounting it then it will solve the problem lol..:smile:

Yeah! I love Christopher and all but it is like a slap in the face if i pay retail for Prorsum and i find it on the discount rack or worse, outlets.
Have you ever seen amazing bags at outlets or on discount? I find that it`s the bags that aren`t really desirable that end up discounted or at oulets - probably with some defects or scratches etc.. Even if the bag you want ends up selling for less, what is the chance that you will find the particular bag you love?

Maybe you are debating this point, because you probably don't think the bag that you like at the moment is really worth the price. :smile:

Have you ever seen amazing bags at outlets or on discount? I find that it`s the bags that aren`t really desirable that end up discounted or at oulets - probably with some defects or scratches etc.. Even if the bag you want ends up selling for less, what is the chance that you will find the particular bag you love?

Maybe you are debating this point, because you probably don't think the bag that you like at the moment is really worth the price. :smile:

Hahaha...Well i am willing to pay for it but my sisters say it's not worth it to pay over 2K for a tote but I disagree because I love Burberry. Then they go ranting on about how I can get it on sale and how Burberry isn't deemed as a luxury brand anymore etc lol...in my opinion...Prorsum is VERY luxurious (price wise and material)..its just people don't know it.

Hahaha...Well i am willing to pay for it but my sisters say it's not worth it to pay over 2K for a tote but I disagree because I love Burberry. Then they go ranting on about how I can get it on sale and how Burberry isn't deemed as a luxury brand anymore etc lol...in my opinion...Prorsum is VERY luxurious (price wise and material)..its just people don't know it.

You're right, Prorsum most certainly is luxurious. Besides, it doesn't matter what your sisters or anyone else think. If you love it, can afford it and will enjoy wearing or using it, then that's the important thing.

For me, it's about the quality as much as anything else. There's something special about wearing an item which is beautifully made and detailled, fits its purpose perfectly and makes you feel damn good when you wear/use it.

Viva Prorsum! :smile:

You're right, Prorsum most certainly is luxurious. Besides, it doesn't matter what your sisters or anyone else think. If you love it, can afford it and will enjoy wearing or using it, then that's the important thing.

For me, it's about the quality as much as anything else. There's something special about wearing an item which is beautifully made and detailled, fits its purpose perfectly and makes you feel damn good when you wear/use it.

Viva Prorsum! :smile:

Yeah I agree.....Do you think Prorsum's craftmanship is worth the money? I know it's made in italy and from good materials but the craftsmanship?

Yeah I agree.....Do you think Prorsum's craftmanship is worth the money? I know it's made in italy and from good materials but the craftsmanship?

I think it would depend upon the person buying and the particular item also. In my opinion, if something fitted me perfectly (I'm especially thinking of the Prorsum coats here as they are so beautifully cut and tailored - although the bags are fabulous, too), was very well-made and unique enough, then it would be worth the money to me.

I don't have as much experience with Prorsum but, judging by the difference between that, London and Brit, it seems to me that much more thought, design and craftsmanship has gone into creating each Prorsum item. Unfortunately, that takes most of it out of my comfortable price range, but I can see why it is so expensive.

I think it would depend upon the person buying and the particular item also. In my opinion, if something fitted me perfectly (I'm especially thinking of the Prorsum coats here as they are so beautifully cut and tailored - although the bags are fabulous, too), was very well-made and unique enough, then it would be worth the money to me.

I don't have as much experience with Prorsum but, judging by the difference between that, London and Brit, it seems to me that much more thought, design and craftsmanship has gone into creating each Prorsum item. Unfortunately, that takes most of it out of my comfortable price range, but I can see why it is so expensive.

I totally agree! :smile: