Anyone own anything w/ Glazed Almond Leather?

I used to have a matinee in glazed almond. It is a more structured, durable leather that didn't mark up or scratch easily. But I think the durability/structure factor came from the actual finish rather than the type of leather used. The leather didn't feel extra thick or heavy or anything - just like its name implies, it feels like regular leather with a heavy protective glaze over the top.

I used to have a matinee in glazed almond. It is a more structured, durable leather that didn't mark up or scratch easily. But I think the durability/structure factor came from the actual finish rather than the type of leather used. The leather didn't feel extra thick or heavy or anything - just like its name implies, it feels like regular leather with a heavy protective glaze over the top.

I agree with this. My Glazed Almond MAB does have one tiny scratch on it, and although it is very sturdy and seems to be scratch resistance, once it's on there there's no getting it out. Leather is fabulous though in my opinion. The type of leather/glazing is exactly the same as Glazed Expresso, which I actually carried today!

I owned the same bag, and I agree with this 100%. It's a great leather.

Agree as well.

Do you mean the old school Glazed Almond? (Not sure if there is a new version as I'm not really up to date with newer color names)

YES, the old school glazed almond! thanks ladies, im on the hunt for glazed almond.

I also noticed the ladies who replied to this thread seem to be the old school minkettes (based on membership). the old school RM days... i miss those!

Glazed Almond is stiffish (I say ish because any bag in that finish is probably well broken in by now) and in my experience at least the glazed leathers are by far the most durable. They are scratch and liquid resistant (a big plus in Seattle).

So, not as soft and yummy as some other leathers but very durable. They also seem heavier to me than the non-glazed leathers but that could be my imagination.