Cognac love

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Ok- long story short...bought cognac candace, returned for cognac rory (since I love my black rory so much & people posting candace not good everyday purse), rory arrived & looks awful leather wise & more reddish brown w/scratches, etc.)

Do I try for another rory? Get my gorgeous candace back? Or maybe the Molly? I just don't want them to send me another ugly rory:sad: What would you all do? I love this color! Oh or maybe the cognac duffle?

Votes? Advice? TIA :smile:

Ok- long story short...bought cognac candace, returned for cognac rory (since I love my black rory so much & people posting candace not good everyday purse), rory arrived & looks awful leather wise & more reddish brown w/scratches, etc.)

Do I try for another rory? Get my gorgeous candace back? Or maybe the Molly? I just don't want them to send me another ugly rory:sad: What would you all do? I love this color! Oh or maybe the cognac duffle?

My vote goes to Candace! As I mentioned in another thread, the function is outstanding. I do prefer all of the compartments rather than the huge open space in rory. Only because now I can organize all of my accessories and other items I carry day to day.

I'm so happy I revisited the Candace because it has become my favorite go to bag!

Oh and just look at "the queens" Cognac Candace :smile: It is gorgeous!! Good luck and sorry your rory wasn't as you expected.

Get the bag that you like in the Cognac, whether that be the Rory or Molly. If you didn't like Candace b4, I would not buy it. The best thing is to handpick your bag at the store. Are you close to one? You can see online if your local Coach has the bag in the color you want (use pick up at store option to see) or call and talk to an SA to see what bags they have in Cognac for you to try. If you don't like the one they brought out (leather quality etc), ask to see another one. Good luck!

My vote goes to Candace! As I mentioned in another thread, the function is outstanding. I do prefer all of the compartments rather than the huge open space in rory. Only because now I can organize all of my accessories and other items I carry day to day.

I'm so happy I revisited the Candace because it has become my favorite go to bag!

Oh and just look at "the queens" Cognac Candace :smile: It is gorgeous!! Good luck and sorry your rory wasn't as you expected.

Thanks- my candace I returned had gorgeous leather! :sad: hope I can find another...my husband said to keep what I had, but nooooo I had to add more work to this bag chaos ;)

Thanks- my candace I returned had gorgeous leather! :sad: hope I can find another...my husband said to keep what I had, but nooooo I had to add more work to this bag chaos ;)

I wouldn't let anything sway your choice of bag. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it will be your bag. If it works for you, then thats All that matters :smile:

I had a color issues with the UV candace and didn't even get to carry her.
So my fear set in and I "figured" they would all have issues, shame on me because if I had repurchased, I would have known then that I found a great bag for Me. Do what makes you Happy!!

Last edited:
Get the bag that you like in the Cognac, whether that be the Rory or Molly. If you didn't like Candace b4, I would not buy it. The best thing is to handpick your bag at the store. Are you close to one? You can see online if your local Coach has the bag in the color you want (use pick up at store option to see) or call and talk to an SA to see what bags they have in Cognac for you to try. If you don't like the one they brought out (leather quality etc), ask to see another one. Good luck!

I did like the candace- just love my rory & figured I'd love it in the cognac too... I wish I could pick a rory from a store, but they can only be ordered. :sad:

Yours is gorgeous! Thanks I needed to hear that- others posts said it was a good "work" bag...& I don't work...out of the home that is :smile: I need everyday bags!
I could use her EVERYDAY
She is the PERFECT size and a great shape.
I can get her on my shoulder which is a PLUS
she is NOT heavy which is a BIG PLUS

I might get her in another color sooon ;)

Yours is gorgeous! Thanks I needed to hear that- others posts said it was a good "work" bag...& I don't work...out of the home that is :smile: I need everyday bags!

This is me! I needed a great functional "everyday" bag. I work out of my home office.But I still run alot of errands and go to meetings :smile: Candace keeps me Organized and that says alot!!

I wouldn't let anything sway your choice of bag. It doesn't what anyone thinks, it will be your bag. If it works for you, then thats All that matters :smile:

I had a color issues with the UV candace and didn't even get to carry her.
So my fear set in and I "figured" they would all have issues, shame on my because if I had repurchased, I would have known then that I found a great bag for Me. Do what makes you Happy!!

My lesson learned ;)

I could use her EVERYDAY
She is the PERFECT size and a great shape.
I can get her on my shoulder which is a PLUS
she is NOT heavy which is a BIG PLUS

I might get her in another color sooon ;)

Oh I love the pics of cobalt, fuschia, uv, chambray, & the textured ones too! I don't need black which is sharp & the cognac is sooo classy too :smile: thanks for your input- I know u know your bags!

Here's what I think. Do not give up on the cognac Rory if that's the bag you want. It's a documented fact that I had to go through four UV Candaces from JAX before getting a good one. :smile: (and then I had a bout of insanity that led me to do unspeakable things to her!). The good thing was they paid the shipping for each return, I don't live by a store. I think the cognac Rory is beautiful and if you love that bag style, don't give up! However if you want to try another style, the Candace is a good option for you size wise. I think if you love Rory for everyday, you might find Molly too small. The large duffle is good too, size comparable to Rory. But I think you like the versatility of Rory and her carrying options, right? Well, good luck! And I'm sorry your Rory wasn't beautiful!!