Faulty DE 6 Key Holder

Scottish Girl

Jan 19, 2007
Hello everyone. I wonder if anyone has had a bad exp with the DE 6 Key Holder? I ordered mine from the UK website in Early Jan and have only used it twice very carefully. I keep it in My bag in the little pouch it comes in and have never dropped it or let it rub against anything, But unfortunately the gold button is scratched a little. You can only see it in certain light but it has upset me so much I'm returning it, hopefully to exchange for mono zippy coin purse and pay the difference. Has anyone had this Exp, or exp of exchanging with LV customer service? I must say in all my years of buying LV I have never had a problem with any product.

You mean hairline scratches? Or scratched as in the coating has come off? If it's the former, I think very small, slight scratches to the hardware are inevitable. You won't be able to exchange it, that's just basic wear and tear. All of my hardware has got some sort of slight wear.

You mean hairline scratches? Or scratched as in the coating has come off? If it's the former, I think very small, slight scratches to the hardware are inevitable. You won't be able to exchange it, that's just basic wear and tear. All of my hardware has got some sort of slight wear.
No its a def scratch. I wouldnt mind if it was wear and tear but it's only been used twice and is days old! I have a mono one thats years old and yes it has a litte w&t but to the naked eye looks brand new. Perhaps LV quality is taking a nosedive?:smile:

No its a def scratch. I wouldnt mind if it was wear and tear but it's only been used twice and is days old! I have a mono one thats years old and yes it has a litte w&t but to the naked eye looks brand new. Perhaps LV quality is taking a nosedive?:smile:

I see. I think you'll have a hard time exchanging it if the scratch wasn't there when you received it, though. These things can happen even when we take good care of our things. Maybe they'll replace the button for you?

Scratch in all likelyhood was there, just difficult to see in the excitement of opening a new arrival. Would be happy also if they changed the button. But sad that LV is not what it once was. I will update once customer services have been in touch.

I think you should just enjoy it. Since it's been used you shouldn't return it. If if bothers you then sell it but regardless it's most likely wear and tear even after minimal use.

I think you should just enjoy it. Since it's been used you shouldn't return it. If if bothers you then sell it but regardless it's most likely wear and tear even after minimal use.
its all boxed up and ready to go to post office. But do you really think its acceptable that after 2 very carefull uses it's damaged, more than likely arrived like that(see above comments) I personally don't. I buy high quality items for the very purpose that they are high quality and durable.I am willing to pay for that quality and am disappointed that is not the case in this instance. I am also happy to accept wear and tear but not this early on! I'm sure LV will come through for me (either reparing/replacing or letting me upgrade) but if they don't, a loyal cutomer they will have lost.

Yes I had one in monogram a year back, bought it with the sarah wallet. The gold stud on the key pouch discolour the soonest. In a matter of weeks, if I don't remember wrongly. The sarah wallet lasted longer, I rarely use it. Now that I took a look at it and noticed that the zipper has RUSTED! And I noticed that the edge of the canvas flap of the SLG tends to "flank out" if u know what I meant.. I have to always place or store it with its front flap facing down, hoping that it will maintain the "flat"look it should be. Sorry to say, Lv has inferior quality..

Yes I had one in monogram a year back, bought it with the sarah wallet. The gold stud on the key pouch discolour the soonest. In a matter of weeks, if I don't remember wrongly. The sarah wallet lasted longer, I rarely use it. Now that I took a look at it and noticed that the zipper has RUSTED! And I noticed that the edge of the canvas flap of the SLG tends to "flank out" if u know what I meant.. I have to always place or store it with its front flap facing down, hoping that it will maintain the "flat"look it should be. Sorry to say, Lv has inferior quality..
SheilaWee - Glad it's not just me! I really do hope LV will do something to help me and review their future quality assurance :smile:

SheilaWee - Glad it's not just me! I really do hope LV will do something to help me and review their future quality assurance :smile:

Honestly, I don't think there's gonna be improvement..i love monongram
And DE canvas as well as epi. At first, I basically stay away from vachetta..as it is high maintenance to me..Then, I stayed away from sLG with gold hardwares as they tarnish and rust..now the canvas "flanking out" issue..maybe I needa totally stay away from Lv altogether..

Hello everyone. I wonder if anyone has had a bad exp with the DE 6 Key Holder? I ordered mine from the UK website in Early Jan and have only used it twice very carefully. I keep it in My bag in the little pouch it comes in and have never dropped it or let it rub against anything, But unfortunately the gold button is scratched a little. You can only see it in certain light but it has upset me so much I'm returning it, hopefully to exchange for mono zippy coin purse and pay the difference. Has anyone had this Exp, or exp of exchanging with LV customer service? I must say in all my years of buying LV I have never had a problem with any product.

ive had mine for years and it is fine x

ive had mine for years and it is fine x
Hi Trinatara, that seems to be the norm now. I've had my other key holder for a long time too but apart from very minimal w&t it's great. It confirms my suspicions that the quality has fallen down on newer products. Lets hope it's a one off and I just got a "Friday Afternoon" one! I never stray very far from LV/Hermes and think that is why I have taken it so hard that my key holder is damaged. Keep your fingers crossed x

Ummm...If you use the keyholder the snap is going to get hairline scratches on it. LOL
I don't even really know what to say about this..except that if you consider hairline scratches on the hardware "Damage" that deems an item worthy of return, you may want to avoid any items that have brass hardware on them. LOL

My kusama agenda came with a few little scratch / scuff marks on the button. I think it's fine :smile: you should just keep it enjoy it. In future don't buy pieces with any hardware to avoid disappointment :smile: