Speedy or Speedy B?

jewels82

O.G.
Nov 17, 2009
OK so in my last thread I asked if I should buy the speedy or a wallet. Most suggested the Speedy B. I already own the mono galliera and would like to won the DE speedy. I am afraid if I get it with the optional strap I will end up using it everyday because I can carry it any way I want, and I don't have to worry about the leather. But then my galliera will get neglected. The colors are similar so they would go with similar outfits. Any suggestions? I was originally going with the regular speedy so it would be a completely different bag, but now I'm wondering if I'll regret it later. Any of you out there that own both and can explain which bag is better for specific occasions?
I appreciate it!

OK so in my last thread I asked if I should buy the speedy or a wallet. Most suggested the Speedy B. I already own the mono galliera and would like to won the DE speedy. I am afraid if I get it with the optional strap I will end up using it everyday because I can carry it any way I want, and I don't have to worry about the leather. But then my galliera will get neglected. The colors are similar so they would go with similar outfits. Any suggestions? I was originally going with the regular speedy so it would be a completely different bag, but now I'm wondering if I'll regret it later. Any of you out there that own both and can explain which bag is better for specific occasions?
I appreciate it!

I don't have the Speedy B, but I do have the Mono Speedy 35 and I love this bag so much. I had the option to purchase the Speedy B, but I wanted the classic bag that Audrey Hepburn wore. hehe I like the thought of that. :biggrin:

Haha I had to laugh a bit at your post. I feel like you're sort of saying that you're afraid the bag will be so convenient and loved that you will use her TOO much!! :biggrin: I'm lazy about changing bags too, so sometimes I have to remind myself...

Go with what suits you best!! I still think the speedy B is your best bet. You have the option to carry shoulder/crossbody but doesn't mean you can't carry the bag in the original handheld way! Plus if it gets too heavy or you need a hands free option for a certain occasion, you have the option...won't get that in the regular speedy.

Good luck and enjoy!

Haha I had to laugh a bit at your post. I feel like you're sort of saying that you're afraid the bag will be so convenient and loved that you will use her TOO much!! :biggrin: I'm lazy about changing bags too, so sometimes I have to remind myself...

Go with what suits you best!! I still think the speedy B is your best bet. You have the option to carry shoulder/crossbody but doesn't mean you can't carry the bag in the original handheld way! Plus if it gets too heavy or you need a hands free option for a certain occasion, you have the option...won't get that in the regular speedy.

Good luck and enjoy!
Ha! You're right! I'm SO lazy about changing bags but yet I want more :smile: You're right tho, I need to just go and try them on and see what works for me. Thanks!

I learned that about Audrey Hepburn on here too. How cool is that?!?!

I Love the picture of her carrying the 25! I understand how you want to feel like you have a totally different bag and let me tell you that I enjoy the Speedy so much more when I change into her from a tote. It is so fun to carry her!

I don't have a speedy b but have a mono speedy and the mono Galliera pm. At times I wish I had a strap for my speedy. You could get the classic speedy and then you would have a shoulder bag in the Galliera and hand held in the speedy and could alternate so neither bag is neglected. It depends on how you want to use the speedy. If you think you'll regret not getting the speedy b, get that one and don't use the strap, but at least you have the option........ Love my Galliera and love carrying it!

I Love the picture of her carrying the 25! I understand how you want to feel like you have a totally different bag and let me tell you that I enjoy the Speedy so much more when I change into her from a tote. It is so fun to carry her!
Yes! I feel like I need something totally different since the colors are so close. Somehow doesn't it feel a little more glamorous when you cary it in the crook of your arm?

I don't have a speedy b but have a mono speedy and the mono Galliera pm. At times I wish I had a strap for my speedy. You could get the classic speedy and then you would have a shoulder bag in the Galliera and hand held in the speedy and could alternate so neither bag is neglected. It depends on how you want to use the speedy. If you think you'll regret not getting the speedy b, get that one and don't use the strap, but at least you have the option........ Love my Galliera and love carrying it!
My thoughts exactly! Very different bags so both will get use. Don't you just love your galliera? I just think that bag is amazing. I kind of want one in the azur color but since they're being discontinued I doubt I'll be able to :sad: She's part of the reason I'm in a hurry to get another LV, they're so addictive!

It is my first hand held... EVER! I have never owned a handbag, always shoulder. Isn't that sad? This should most definitely be my first :smile:

I am soooo EXCITED for you!:happydance::yahoo::woohoo:
I just got my first hand held last year so it is still very new to me. You may want to consider the Speedy B if you aren't used to it. My SA talked me into the regular speedy because of the hardware-it rubs against each other and the brass rubs off. This is just my opinion though, many people love the strap option.
Can't wait to see what you get!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo EXCITED for you!:happydance::yahoo::woohoo:
I just got my first hand held last year so it is still very new to me. You may want to consider the Speedy B if you aren't used to it. My SA talked me into the regular speedy because of the hardware-it rubs against each other and the brass rubs off. This is just my opinion though, many people love the strap option.
Can't wait to see what you get!!!!!!!!!
OMG I love the little party you threw me! I'm so excited. I'm going to Vegas for my birthday and so I feel its appropriate to take something special home with me :smile:

So the brass rubs off on the speedy b? That is a big deal breaker possibly. I thought it would only be an issue with the vachetta leather. Thank you SO much for telling me!