Dark night RGGH? Bleu Mineral mGGH? Argggh!!!

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
Ok, I know I'm REALLY supposed to go on a ban but here I am coveting after a yummy city in a captivating dark blue :shame:

I came across a nice preloved dark night RGGH city...but am hesitant because the colour seems too dark...almost black, although in some pics the dark navy appears stronger and it looks truly amazing.

I think Bleu Mineral is an amazing colour but am a little concerned about the leather quality (based on some posts/reviews here). Plus, it only comes in G12 hardware, and at the moment I'm hooked on G21...:P

I know there are more gorgeous blues like marine, officier and bleu roi (LOVE this) - assuming fading won't be a major issue - but then the wait could be long before I'd hunt one down :nogood:

Which would you pick between the two? If you own a dark night, please please please tell me the pros and cons! I don't have a black Bal bag yet as I've always been more drawn to the colourful ones. My current collection includes cassis, latte, mangue, bleute, cyclamen and turquoise.

As always, greatly appreciate help from everyone!

Dark Night RGGH! This is one of my favorite bags!
I also had Officier which I adored, but this combination is better imo.
The only con one might have is that it is a very dark blue.

Ok, I know I'm REALLY supposed to go on a ban but here I am coveting after a yummy city in a captivating dark blue :shame:

I came across a nice preloved dark night RGGH city...but am hesitant because the colour seems too dark...almost black, although in some pics the dark navy appears stronger and it looks truly amazing.

I think Bleu Mineral is an amazing colour but am a little concerned about the leather quality (based on some posts/reviews here). Plus, it only comes in G12 hardware, and at the moment I'm hooked on G21...:P

I know there are more gorgeous blues like marine, officier and bleu roi (LOVE this) - assuming fading won't be a major issue - but then the wait could be long before I'd hunt one down :nogood:

Which would you pick between the two? If you own a dark night, please please please tell me the pros and cons! I don't have a black Bal bag yet as I've always been more drawn to the colourful ones. My current collection includes cassis, latte, mangue, bleute, cyclamen and turquoise.

As always, greatly appreciate help from everyone!

Attachments

• DarkNight.jpg
    DarkNight.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 2,167
Dark Night RGGH! This is one of my favorite bags!
I also had Officier which I adored, but this combination is better imo.
The only con one might have is that it is a very dark blue.

Hey Sandy...THIS is exactly the pic that made me reconsider the DN!!!!! How often does it look this blue IRL? Gorgeous shade here!!!!

Some pics I've seen look black, well, almost.

Hey Yikkie!

I don't think it looks black but it is very dark. I just took a few pics of Dark Night and Blue Roi indoors and out. What do you think?

Hey Sandy...THIS is exactly the pic that made me reconsider the DN!!!!! How often does it look this blue IRL? Gorgeous shade here!!!!

Some pics I've seen look black, well, almost.

Attachments

• Blue Roiand Dark Night.jpg
    Blue Roiand Dark Night.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 3,539
  • BR and DN.jpg
    BR and DN.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 3,356
I've seen both DN and BM IRL. I prefer DN because BM leather is shiny. I personally don't like shiny leather. DN from 2012 leather is really better than BM leather.

If you have a chance to get a DN RGGH, don't miss it! I missed out on DN RGGH PT and settled for a Town. It's still beautiful but I would prefer one in bigger bags (PT/City) to show its full glory. I will grab that in a beat if one in mint or brand new condition surfaces. It's a unmistakably deep rich blue (almost black in some lighting). It's this chameleon effect that makes it so alluring.