So bummed... please help if you can. :(

AshTx.1

O.G.
Nov 16, 2011
So today I picked up my florentine satchel, and saw two dark spots on my bag! I have NO IDEA what happened. I am always careful with my bags, and I just don't know what happened. I tried rubbing the spots out with a dry, soft cloth, and nothing happened. I have no clue what the spots are.

Don't get me wrong, I know that purses eventually show wear & tear, but I have only had my bag for a month! What do y'all think I should do? Any advice?

IMG_0934_zps3ae6be2a.jpg

IMG_0933_zpsb0deedba.jpg

It can happen from rubbing on things, such as a coat or jeans. My natural vachetta satchel has a bit of that on the back from where it rubbed against my (pre-washed) jeans. I couldn't get it to go away either.

I am so sorry to hear that happened to your beautiful Florentine bag. I got 2 pen marks on one of my natural bags and the more I tried to get it out the worse it looked I eventually traded in in for a darker Florentine leather. I no longer have the natural for me it was too hard to keep nice looking.

Well I looked on Dooney's website, and their instructions for this bag say just to gently rub the spot with a very soft cloth for florentine leather. So I have been doing it quite a bit, and the spot DOES look a little less dark. It looks a little better. Maybe with time it will just blend in. :shrugs: