Blazers in "sweatshirt material" that come in plus sizes?

Yep, look for Ponte knit....Lane Bryant had some this winter. The shopping chanels on TV have them. I have bought them in plus sizes from Jones New York Plus in the past. They are ponte knit or sometime a good quality French terry. Not to mention of course, the St. Johns's knit in the womens sizes. Even their 16 missy size is very generous but they are far more pricey than the others I mentioned.

In case you couldn't tell,I am one of those people who have sat right at the crossover point of Missy and Plus sizes for years...what a pain for me and gaining and losing weight just cost me more $!!!!! :giggles::wave::rolleyes:

Someone else that can feel my pain. I am on the line and its super frustrating. I lost a ton of weight and lost no inches or sizing which was incredibly discouraging!

Ill check everything out mentioned! Men's sizing should work its just material I run into the issue with. I am just starting to try making blazers part of the wardrobe and I usually am a Tshirt and cardi and tank and jeans girl so I want material like that so it's comfy. I think anything more formal or stiff and I won't wear it!

Someone else that can feel my pain. I am on the line and its super frustrating. I lost a ton of weight and lost no inches or sizing which was incredibly discouraging!

I can totally relate to this. I feel your pain! Good luck in your quest for a nice blazer. There is also always eBay if you have a pretty good idea on sizing.

I went on Gap and Old Navy, and got this in Navy. It's been on the site a while but I had no idea that was the fabric I wanted. I wish I'd have known that, I'd have ordered it a while ago and gotten it in more sizes to find out what size to get!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51452&vid=1&pid=903293012

in a size 16 which Im not sure will fit but I can return, used that code for 30% off too.

And Old Navy popped these up today--they weren't there before today.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=385345002

I got one in Navy and one in Gray, well, I got an XL and an XXL in each. We'll see how they fit when I get them all.

I went on Gap and Old Navy, and got this in Navy. It's been on the site a while but I had no idea that was the fabric I wanted. I wish I'd have known that, I'd have ordered it a while ago and gotten it in more sizes to find out what size to get!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51452&vid=1&pid=903293012

in a size 16 which Im not sure will fit but I can return, used that code for 30% off too.

And Old Navy popped these up today--they weren't there before today.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=385345002

I got one in Navy and one in Gray, well, I got an XL and an XXL in each. We'll see how they fit when I get them all.

Oh wow, those gap ones are super cute! Do you have a gap or old navy near you? It might be worth it to give them a call to see what they have and in what sizes. Could always do a hold or paid hold, so they don't sell them and then you can pick them up at your convenience

Yeah,Ame, don't get men's.....the shoulders are too big and the hips are narrow and the sleeves are long. There are lots of good choices for women in our own styles around these days. Ponte knit is a sure bet but in a high grade brand, the French terry can be just like what you asked for....sweatshirt materiel....my Jones New York woman jacket is made of that and it holds its shape very well. Ponte knit is definitely Fall,Winter and early Spring but French Terry can take you into summer.

You know what, I did buy a navy and white striped jacket from Gap last summer and it is super cute,stretchy and a knit fabric. I think ponte is a slightly denser weave than other knits. I hope your jackets work out well for you. Let us know. :smile::flowers::cutesy::ghi5:

Ill check everything out mentioned! Men's sizing should work its just material I run into the issue with. I am just starting to try making blazers part of the wardrobe and I usually am a Tshirt and cardi and tank and jeans girl so I want material like that so it's comfy. I think anything more formal or stiff and I won't wear it!
I have one from Zara in L, I did see them in the store yesterday here, its is black with a grey lining, they were on sale. I usually wear XL but this jacket works in L for me, sorry this is all I could think of.

The material is also called French Terry - thought it might be helpful if you're searching online. I actually have a heathered grey blazer in French Terry with silk lapels from Gap that I got a 2 years ago. I absolutely love it and was surprised at the workmanship and how well it still looks (no pilling, loose stitches, etc).