Ysl easy vs ysl chyc cabas

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Hi ladies,
I have even looking at a lot of bags lately and hav narrowed it down to the final two, the easy and the chyc cabas. I would be buying them sight unseen so I need some help. Here is my criteria:

Can travel well (maybe being shoved in an overhead compartment or under a seat

Easy to get in and out of

I have a dressy look all of the time, I don't do casual well so I need a bag that is Walmart appropriate but would more often be worn with dress clothes, dvf wrap dresses, suits, etc

Must be durable, I don't have patience for bags I can't use when I want to.

If anyone has either of these bags an have advice , I would love it

Unoma!!! Get in here girl!!! Lol!

Hey OP, unoma has both bags (or had, can't keep up with her fabulous collection) and I'm sure she'll be able to share good info.

I only have an easy which I can dress up and down. I wear it in The rain, in the snow, in the sun and its been beaten up and bruised but looks great. The only complaint I have is that my corners have become a little worn. I wish I could take it back to a YSL store for some spa-love on the corners but alas. The rest of the bag looks brand spanking new. My easy is in crest leather.

The cabas chyc seems too ladylike to squeeze under an airplane seat especially since they are more structured than the easy which gives fierce slouch. But let's have an owner speak on that.

I think either bag is beautiful. But of course, the cc is the most popular current offering from the house so it that is important to you then keep it in mind. It is also the more dressy of the two, though it does casual beautifully as well (per mod pics from lovely tpfers).

Good luck!

Thank you. I forgot to mention that the easy I am drooling over is in crest leather and that is what provoked the durability requirement because some gals on here have complained of issues with corners and in one case, a gouge in the leather :sad:

I just received an Easy in patent leather and I love it. It's the perfect bag for me really, as it's more slouchy and flexible and can be carried on my shoulder or by hand. I dress it up or down. The bag is new to me but in absolutely wonderful condition, and it seems like it could take some wear/tear.

The CC is beautiful but isn't as casual to me. I would worry about lugging it around during travel, I wouldn't want to smoosh it or stuff it. But I don't own one so hopefully others can shed some light and help you make your decision!

I have seen several crest leather Easy store displays and all had worn corners. However, the Easys in other leathers apparently wear well. The Easy is not that dressy in my opinion, its more like an overnight bag. A male SA kept saying to me that he doesn't like it as much because it's too casual and, therefore, limited in use, whereas the Chyc is dressier and more versatile.
Its not as easy to get in and out of the Chyc because of the Y buckle but you can leave it open. The celebrities seem to use the Chyc as a travel bag, so seems like the Chyc would fit your criteria more. Hope this helps. :smile:

I think the Cabas is much more interesting and beautiful (the old design, I'm not a fan of the new one without the Y stitching) than the Easy, which looks sloppy to me. If you travel all the time and that is your primary consideration, then I think the Easy would be the better choice because it isn't structured and could be shoved into overhead compartments, but given your description of your wardrobe (always dressy), I think the Cabas would look best. Also, if you take a look at some of the celebrity photos with the Cabas, it looks like the bag softens over time (some TPFers have said that too), and I personally think it looks great that way. Once it looks like that, e.g., http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...nw=79&start=0&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:94, then I think it would be super-versatile, and go easily with jeans or dressy clothes, and also work better as a travel bag. I'd probably baby mine for a while, but eventually shove it in overhead bins etc.

I have a crest leather new small Easy in black, a CC medium in Dove Beige, and a CC large in Fondant.

If you take a large CC for traveling, you will feel heavier than Easy. Because of the CC design, somehow I feel heavy even though I put same things into both bags.
CC is very weak from rain or water too. So you need to put waterproof spray on it, like Collonil 'Nanopro'.

On the other hand, crest leather of Easy is weak too. I only used one time, and got a hole or a scar, so I'll send it to YSL to fix it. You can see the photo of the damage.

I personally think a new small black patent leather Easy is very useful. I think much more elegant than the crest leather one. Even though rainy day, it's easy to take care of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
And this is the picture of opening both side as tote bag style.
Easy can be used as 2 ways. One is a Boston bag, and another is a tote bag! I put an A4 file into it. It fits in a tote way, but doesn't fit in a boston. Easy is very easier to open/close than CC.
I usually don't close CC zippers, because the golden 'Y' belt on the top buzzers to zip up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
MomoMama said:
I have a crest leather new small Easy in black, a CC medium in Dove Beige, and a CC large in Fondant.

If you take a large CC for traveling, you will feel heavier than Easy. Because of the CC design, somehow I feel heavy even though I put same things into both bags.
CC is very weak from rain or water too. So you need to put waterproof spray on it, like Collonil 'Nanopro'.

On the other hand, crest leather of Easy is weak too. I only used one time, and got a hole or a scar, so I'll send it to YSL to fix it. You can see the photo of the damage.

I personally think a new small black patent leather Easy is very useful. I think much more elegant than the crest leather one. Even though rainy day, it's easy to take care of.

Are the dark colors of the chyc cabas (like black) as fragile to water and rain?

Hi ladies,
I have even looking at a lot of bags lately and hav narrowed it down to the final two, the easy and the chyc cabas. I would be buying them sight unseen so I need some help. Here is my criteria:

Can travel well (maybe being shoved in an overhead compartment or under a seat

Easy to get in and out of

I have a dressy look all of the time, I don't do casual well so I need a bag that is Walmart appropriate but would more often be worn with dress clothes, dvf wrap dresses, suits, etc

Must be durable, I don't have patience for bags I can't use when I want to.

If anyone has either of these bags an have advice , I would love it

Unoma!!! Get in here girl!!! Lol!

Hey OP, unoma has both bags (or had, can't keep up with her fabulous collection) and I'm sure she'll be able to share good info.

I only have an easy which I can dress up and down. I wear it in The rain, in the snow, in the sun and its been beaten up and bruised but looks great. The only complaint I have is that my corners have become a little worn. I wish I could take it back to a YSL store for some spa-love on the corners but alas. The rest of the bag looks brand spanking new. My easy is in crest leather.

The cabas chyc seems too ladylike to squeeze under an airplane seat especially since they are more structured than the easy which gives fierce slouch. But let's have an owner speak on that.

I think either bag is beautiful. But of course, the cc is the most popular current offering from the house so it that is important to you then keep it in mind. It is also the more dressy of the two, though it does casual beautifully as well (per mod pics from lovely tpfers).

Good luck!

I took photos of both bags and i hope it will help you decide on what style you like best.
I love both bags dearly but i think Easy is more for casual look while Chyc makes you look very important:P
Good luck

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-sai...and-comparison-pics-easy-and-chyc-799016.html

Are the dark colors of the chyc cabas (like black) as fragile to water and rain?
My large CC in fondant is kind of vintage like chocolate color, not dark chocolate. I used it for over night shift job. And got some water spot marks. Some of them are not ovious, but 2 water marks can be seen in the picture. They are at bottom of the bag, so I don't mind them.

I think black is not obviously show rainy or water spot marks, however, I strongly suggest to use Collonil 'Nanopro' waterproof spray. Plus I don't use it in rainy day(^ ^)

There are two threads you might want to read;

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/cleaning-and-protecting-your-ysl-bags-64502-2.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-sai...-precipitation-how-does-hold-up-796616-2.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 717
Last edited: