Crossbody bags on plus size women?

ashynichole

Feb 12, 2009
Does anyone here who is plus size carry their bags cross body? I don't have any crossbody bags, but I'm nervous about buying one. I WANT a crossbody bag(duffle or isabelle probably), but I want to be able to wear it crossbody. I'm a size 20/22, and I also am pretty big chested. So I'm worried I won't be able to wear the bags crossbody like I want. I'm nervous to try one on crossbody in the story because what if I try to put it on and it won't fit? That would be so embarassing! So is anyone here a larger girl who wears cross body bags? How do they fit? TIA!

They fit. Don't worry about that. But I have a similar figure, and I just don't like the way they feel on me. The way they cut across the chest can look a bit off. If you feel good in them, go for it. Never had one not fit.

If there is a particular bag you're interested in, you can always ask someone here to measure the strap length. Then you can cut a string to the length (or just use a tape measure) and see if it would be long enough. I was going to switch to Isabelle tomorrow, so I'll try to remember to measure it for you if you like.

I am plus size too and love the crossbody bags. I always look for bags with a long strap. I wear them on my shoulder or if shopping and I need both hands crossbody.

They fit. Don't worry about that. But I have a similar figure, and I just don't like the way they feel on me. The way they cut across the chest can look a bit off. If you feel good in them, go for it. Never had one not fit.

I get what you're saying about them cutting across the chest! That's one concern, because of the way seatbelts sit across my chest, i could see that being an issue. I'm definitely going to have to try some on in the story. I feel more confident I won't embarass myself now though!

If there is a particular bag you're interested in, you can always ask someone here to measure the strap length. Then you can cut a string to the length (or just use a tape measure) and see if it would be long enough. I was going to switch to Isabelle tomorrow, so I'll try to remember to measure it for you if you like.

That is a good idea thank you! I would appreciate that :smile:

Depending on the bag/strap you may be able to add an extender; like this extender sold on ebay by silver coach (NMA):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-NICKEL-LE...t=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&var=&hash=item5aec2fa01a

Thanks for the tip!

I am plus size too and love the crossbody bags. I always look for bags with a long strap. I wear them on my shoulder or if shopping and I need both hands crossbody.

Thank you! Which bags do you have? So I can get an idea of what works for other people. I mainly want them for when I'm shopping and my bag is constantly slipping off my shoulder.

Does anyone here who is plus size carry their bags cross body? I don't have any crossbody bags, but I'm nervous about buying one. I WANT a crossbody bag(duffle or isabelle probably), but I want to be able to wear it crossbody. I'm a size 20/22, and I also am pretty big chested. So I'm worried I won't be able to wear the bags crossbody like I want. I'm nervous to try one on crossbody in the story because what if I try to put it on and it won't fit? That would be so embarassing! So is anyone here a larger girl who wears cross body bags? How do they fit? TIA!

I gotcha beat, but I sometimes wear most of my Madison bags crossbody. If the strap isn't long enough, then I add a couple of those silver or brass clips to each end and go on about my business. Which bag are you particularly interested in?

D33A7DFD-6EBD-45F5-9282-81FA7391FEB8-815-000002279548466E.jpg

5FCE7AA9-FE2E-41DD-8AD6-8680C4F10883-4261-0000082E1E2248A8_zpsa8518469.jpg

744aed71.jpg

51b13b6e.jpg

P
f555002b.jpg

These are the clips I use that I purchased from Lowes for less than $3 each. I'll use 1 or 2 on each end of the strap. Silver-Coach on eBay doesn't have any brass ones and hers are so expensive. One day I may break down and buy 2 from her though. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image-1003172854.jpg
    image-1003172854.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 4,415
@ emilybug-You are rockin' every one of them as a crossbody! My mother is a plus sized woman and I think crossbody bags look better on her than me. The perri hippie is my very first crossbody because I always hated the way others look on me. I love it though and was very happy to own my first one. The duffle has my vote!