Saumur (and other smaller bag) Owners

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
I'm currently looking to replace my non-LV make-up bag with an LV one. My current bag (which holds a few lipsticks/liners) is fairly flat and doesn't have a standing base. I would love the LV cosmetics bag, but it seems too stiff (and the base too wide) for inside my Saumur and Prada
vela cross body. Does anyone use one with their Saumur? I am also considering the mini pochette since its flatter, but not sure it's long enough to fit a lip/eye liner?? Thoughts? Thank you!!

Attachments

• image-1411112150.jpg
    image-1411112150.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 385
I'm currently looking to replace my non-LV make-up bag with an LV one. My current bag (which holds a few lipsticks/liners) is fairly flat and doesn't have a standing base. I would love the LV cosmetics bag, but it seems too stiff (and the base too wide) for inside my Saumur and Prada
vela cross body. Does anyone use one with their Saumur? I am also considering the mini pochette since its flatter, but not sure it's long enough to fit a lip/eye liner?? Thoughts? Thank you!!

I love the bracelets!

LVlvoe_bug said:
I love the bracelets!

LMAO! I've had a problem with my tPF app and can't type more than a few lines unless I attach a photo! Didn't have a photo for this post, so put this in and thought I had deleted it! ROFL! Sorry!

I just tried the Saumur 30 on last week and my mono cosmetic case fit in just fine. I'm not sure of the name of mine, but it's the one with the flat bottom and rounded top. I have the regular size, not the new large size. Hope this helps!

img said:
I just tried the Saumur 30 on last week and my mono cosmetic case fit in just fine. I'm not sure of the name of mine, but it's the one with the flat bottom and rounded top. I have the regular size, not the new large size. Hope this helps!

Hmmm, I saw your post with your Odeon (which is lovely) and was surprised the cosmetic bag fit. Can you see it from the outside f the Odeon?

How about a toiletry pouch? Those come in three sizes, I'm sure the smaller two would work! I have a Wapity and a mini pochette, both are handy for storing small miscellaneous items but I am currently using the Wapity as a camera case. The mini pochette is better if you also want to store your ZCP or clés.

Hmmm, I saw your post with your Odeon (which is lovely) and was surprised the cosmetic bag fit. Can you see it from the outside f the Odeon?

What do you mean? Do you mean does it make the purse bulge? If so, no it does not. It fits perfectly. The bag zips nicely and everything looks flat and seamless. The bottom of the Odeon is wide enough to carry the cosmetic case. Good luck deciding!! I really liked the Saumur but I thought the buckle would annoy me. I really wanted a top zipper so I can just put my hands in and out and not have to fuss with a buckle or a flap, etc. I looked at so many crossbody bags I was CROSS EYED!!

img said:
What do you mean? Do you mean does it make the purse bulge? If so, no it does not. It fits perfectly. The bag zips nicely and everything looks flat and seamless. The bottom of the Odeon is wide enough to carry the cosmetic case. Good luck deciding!! I really liked the Saumur but I thought the buckle would annoy me. I really wanted a top zipper so I can just put my hands in and out and not have to fuss with a buckle or a flap, etc. I looked at so many crossbody bags I was CROSS EYED!!

Yes, that's what I meant. Hmmm, I'll try that and the mini p and the smallest toiletry. Thank you! I love the Saumur, but its a bit heavy! I got an amazing one that was pre-loved!

boyoverboard said:
How about a toiletry pouch? Those come in three sizes, I'm sure the smaller two would work! I have a Wapity and a mini pochette, both are handy for storing small miscellaneous items but I am currently using the Wapity as a camera case. The mini pochette is better if you also want to store your ZCP or clés.

Do u like the mini pochette? Between that and the smallest toiletry, it just seems so much cuter! I love the actual cosmetic bag but seems a little more structured than what. I currently use. I usu carry 2lipsticks, 2 liners, 1 glass and a small mirror in my makeup bag and don't need to fit anything beyond that.

Yes, that's what I meant. Hmmm, I'll try that and the mini p and the smallest toiletry. Thank you! I love the Saumur, but its a bit heavy! I got an amazing one that was pre-loved!

I have the Mini Pochette too and that would fit in the Saumur 30 with no problem at all. I can't speak for the smallest toiletry from experience but I think it will fit as well with no issues. Congrats to you on a great bag!!

I have the Mini Pochette too and that would fit in the Saumur 30 with no problem at all. I can't speak for the smallest toiletry from experience but I think it will fit as well with no issues. Congrats to you on a great bag!!

Do you like the mini pochette? Do you ever use it? I'm so used to my current make-up bag, that the idea of changing to a new one that's not the 'exact' same dimensions makes me nervous.It's Longchamp and I've used it FOREVER, but I'm SO done with it. I'm sure any of these will work well. Going to try this week!

Thanks again!

Do you like the mini pochette? Do you ever use it? I'm so used to my current make-up bag, that the idea of changing to a new one that's not the 'exact' same dimensions makes me nervous.It's Longchamp and I've used it FOREVER, but I'm SO done with it. I'm sure any of these will work well. Going to try this week!

Thanks again!

I like it, but honestly....I'm not crazy about it. (Don't kill me anyone!). DH bought it for me for my birthday along with a Cles and NF (all in DE and soooo incredibly sweet of him!) so I couldn't take it back. My DH is very supportive of my love for LV and he puts lots of thought into what he purchases for me so I know exchanging items he chose would devastate him! I have the Eva in Mono and a cosmetic case in mono so I find my Mini Pochette sitting in it's dustbag in my closet a lot. I did carry it a few times over the holidays - once at a Christmas party when I felt my Eva was too fussy for the event - and a few times when I met friends for drinks. It is such a cute item but I find the cosmetic case much more useful. I hope this helps a little! Please let me know if you have any other questions!!

image-3597104385.jpg

image-1439062487.jpg

image-1576748438.jpg

image-3140013640.jpg

image-3729832972.jpg

image-1365216443.jpg

image-3971721332.jpg

I hope this helps. My Saumur...with filled pics. I keep my fully loaded cosmetic on the back side (closest to my arm). It doesn't bulge at all compared to the front which holds the mini, wallet, and other stuff