Mini Luggage Vs. Kelly: which one to get?

Matchmaker90210

is chaneling Coco!
Jul 24, 2011
Hi everyone I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on which bag I should get...

I was trying to decide between the Kelly and the Celine mini luggage. I really don't own a lot of purses, mostly I just carry an orange GHW Birkin but I have fibromyalgia and this bag if I carry it for a long time gives me arm/shoulder pain. I wanted to switch some days out for something a little bit lighter and smaller.

What I like about the Celine it is a good looking of the moment bag with a unique design, I was thinking of getting it in black or maybe a nice color like blue or green. I am young (29), so it seems to be a younger bag.

The benefit of Hermes is I work with high end clients and many of them recognize my birkin and it is almost a symbol that I am doing well in my business, this is why I was leaning towards a Kelly and was thinking of splurging on a red Croc Kelly for my 30th birthday.

My style is very classic/polished and a little dramatic (think Dolce and Gabbana and Prada)

Please let me know what you think!!

Kelly too, I don't own a luggage myself but I heard it is heavy (one of the reason I don't buy it for school), so if the birkin is heavy for you I guess the luggage would be the same thing.

Any opinions from luggage owners?

I vote for Celine because you already have a Birkin bag.
Celine is the hit bag now and you will enjoy her. You can always get a Croc Kelly for your 31st Birthday:smile:.
Get a Black or blue Celine.
Good luck

I would say the Kelly... It would be a sight to behold!! Also a Kelly Sellier would suit your style more as it is more structured and hence formal looking. I would also suggest you to maybe get the 35cm Kelly Red Croc w/ GHW Sellier... Oh man that would be a sight to behold, and a wonderful gift to yourself!!

Good Luck on deciding and if you do decide to get a Kelly, let the one sided relationship with H start all over again!! :graucho:

Sorry OP, I didn't read the above posts, but in reply to these comments:

They are at totally different price levels. 1 hermes = 4 celines. If money is not a consideration for you, go for Kelly.

Mind you, it is a CROCODILE Kelly = Maybe 8 Celines or something like that = New car...

Kelly! Different league. I have the Celine luggage and they're not light especially when you start putting your essentials in ;)

Oh yes, I must agree with you.. I tried on a 40cm Clemence Birkin and honestly they are not as heavy as they say it is... although empty it is actually quite light... On the other hand, I lifted an EMPTY Stamped Croc Phantom and honestly I felt as if I was lifting bricks... Imagine once you start putting things in it... Boy its gonna be like carrying your house in it... Literally! :smile:

I love my mini luggage, but it is heavy! I've never held a Birkin, but I think the luggage would be heavier than that.

Oops... well anyways, the quote above is also for you too...