Ladies/Gents - question! X

Tlovesdesigner

blogger
Jul 10, 2012
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask - if you have already bought a Céline bag abroad, did you call any of the stores in that country? If yes, how long was your allowance time? (1 month before, etc) and did you pre-order just in time for you to pick it up?

If you also have any information on how to do that in Hong Kong, please leave a comment! Please recommend a SA if you have too :smile: xxx

Email, or best, call way ahead of time before your trip. U.s stores have the most stocks worldwide. I highly reco Damian from Saks Philly, [email protected] (other recos are listed on the SA thread). Let him know what you're looking for and where/when you want it shipped. He can hold the bag for you until your preferred delivery time. I suggest a week before your flight, at the latest. Before shipment however, you'll have to make sure your hotel will be willing to accept and safekeep your package until arrival.

On the other hand, if shopping in hkg, you'll have more luck at the dfs shops. Again, i would call in advance to know what they have. Elvin at the Sun Arcade-Canton rd store is super nice. Although, i'm not sure how long they could reserve a bag for u. Last time, iirc, i was able to do so for about a week.

Hope this helps! GL!

purse-nality said:
Email, or best, call way ahead of time before your trip. U.s stores have the most stocks worldwide. I highly reco Damian from Saks Philly, [email protected] (other recos are listed on the SA thread). Let him know what you're looking for and where/when you want it shipped. He can hold the bag for you until your preferred delivery time. I suggest a week before your flight, at the latest. Before shipment however, you'll have to make sure your hotel will be willing to accept and safekeep your package until arrival.

On the other hand, if shopping in hkg, you'll have more luck at the dfs shops. Again, i would call in advance to know what they have. Elvin at the Sun Arcade-Canton rd store is super nice. Although, i'm not sure how long they could reserve a bag for u. Last time, iirc, i was able to do so for about a week.

Hope this helps! GL!

Thank you so much! :smile: unfortunately, I don't live in the US, so it'll be difficult for me. HK is the closest to my country that has a CÉLINE store and cheapest via plane :smile: I'm planning to call them a month before just to check and pre-order. I want to make sure that by the time I go there, it'll be reserved for me - since I'm going there as a family trip, I don't decide on when I'll be going, so I'll it as early as possible. What do you think? :smile: DFS? That's DFS Galleria, right?

Thank you so much! :smile: unfortunately, I don't live in the US, so it'll be difficult for me. HK is the closest to my country that has a CÉLINE store and cheapest via plane :smile: I'm planning to call them a month before just to check and pre-order. I want to make sure that by the time I go there, it'll be reserved for me - since I'm going there as a family trip, I don't decide on when I'll be going, so I'll it as early as possible. What do you think? :smile: DFS? That's DFS Galleria, right?

yes, dfs galleria...

i'm from manila too, and i usually do this (charge-send from u.s, ship to hkg) when i'm after a sought-after color & style (same retail prices). its a hit or miss in hkg. add that most SA's aren't exactly enthusiastic w/ walk-in customers. either you have to be in a waitlist crap coz everything is sold out, or they simply choose their clients...

it happened recently to my sil. she walked in, asked the SA for a particular bag, and as per usual, sold out waitlist blah blah. then on the same day, i decided to try my luck. aaaand et voila! they asked me to come back the next morning to pick it up! note, i was carrying my phantom. sil was slightly pissed, but oh well, happy na rin she got the bag... this is the norm in boutiques, btw. dfs is far more accommodating. they'll sell u whatever they have available.

do check out Twist too. prices are slightly lower, i gather. although i think only select locations carry celine... Homme et Femme in shang mall has a small selection too. i got my Phantom there for about 6k less than u.s retail last year.

yes, dfs galleria...

i'm from manila too, and i usually do this (charge-send from u.s, ship to hkg) when i'm after a sought-after color & style (same retail prices). its a hit or miss in hkg. add that most SA's aren't exactly enthusiastic w/ walk-in customers. either you have to be in a waitlist crap coz everything is sold out, or they simply choose their clients...

it happened recently to my sil. she walked in, asked the SA for a particular bag, and as per usual, sold out waitlist blah blah. then on the same day, i decided to try my luck. aaaand et voila! they asked me to come back the next morning to pick it up! note, i was carrying my phantom. sil was slightly pissed, but oh well, happy na rin she got the bag... this is the norm in boutiques, btw. dfs is far more accommodating. they'll sell u whatever they have available.

do check out Twist too. prices are slightly lower, i gather. although i think only select locations carry celine... Homme et Femme in shang mall has a small selection too. i got my Phantom there for about 6k less than u.s retail last year.

I just came from HK. Twist in Causeway has a trapeze in stock but that's about it :smile: but i've gotten really lucky from Twist in the past so it helps to check them out first, they might have fresh stocks! :smile: