Sleeve suggestions for MacBook Air

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
I just bought a PS1 small keepall, which is the perfect work bag, but i think I might need a slimmer case for my MacBook 13 in Air. Suggestions? My current one is from Etsy. I like it a lot but need one super slim. Right now I'm considering the Kate Spade slim sleeve or Michael Kors. Anyone have these? I appreciate your help! TIA.

I have a regular MacBook, not the thin air one. And I've received a Marc Jacobs sleeve as a present. I don't like it bcs it's very thick and even though its also 13' as my MacBook, it's still too big for my laptop.

I wouldn't suggest getting anything TOO thin. I have an MBMJ sleeve and it is lined (I don't think it is too thick for my needs, but I'm not trying to sell you on the brand). The lining helps protect the laptop in case it is dropped. If you get one with little to no padding at all that could put the MacBook at risk. Just something to think about.

I wouldn't suggest getting anything TOO thin. I have an MBMJ sleeve and it is lined (I don't think it is too thick for my needs, but I'm not trying to sell you on the brand). The lining helps protect the laptop in case it is dropped. If you get one with little to no padding at all that could put the MacBook at risk. Just something to think about.

I agree that the padding is important to keep the laptop safe. But the MBMJ is too thick to start with. And the case is too big inside so my laptop is flopping in the sleeve when I walk. It annoys me so much.

I used to have another sleeve tat I purchased at the apple store and loved it. I guess its called Speck or something like this. It was a perfect size for my regular MacBook

I bought the MBA 13" last November 2012 and had been on a sleeve hunt since then. I saw Acme, Timbuk2, Neoprene styles, The MBMJ and MK. If I go for style, I'd take the MK in orange because it's just beautiful and classy. You can check them out at Apple Stores together with the usual Acme, Incipio sleeves that they have on display in stores. But I would really suggest you check out the Waterfield Designs Macbook air sleeves. They are a San Francisco based company and they make these amazing custom fitted Mac sleeves.

I just left the Apple store with an Acme sleeve. Definitely the least bulky with still protection. The MK was nice but the flap made it more bulky than I wanted. The Kate Spade quality was really not so great and it was oddly wider than the Acme. Thanks for the help!!

I bought the MBA 13" last November 2012 and had been on a sleeve hunt since then. I saw Acme, Timbuk2, Neoprene styles, The MBMJ and MK. If I go for style, I'd take the MK in orange because it's just beautiful and classy. You can check them out at Apple Stores together with the usual Acme, Incipio sleeves that they have on display in stores. But I would really suggest you check out the Waterfield Designs Macbook air sleeves. They are a San Francisco based company and they make these amazing custom fitted Mac sleeves.

Thank you so much for the suggestion of Waterfield Designs! I just bought a Travel Express from Waterfield Designs for my new Macbook Air 11". It's exactly what I wanted. A slim sleeve with the room to carry the charger and an optional strap - so I can carry it on its own, or in my briefcase.

I love TPF!