Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

Hello fellow LV lovers. I'm attempting to plan my purchases wisely, and in so doing, am thinking about the price increase. My questions are as follows: does the price increase affect all products, such as luggage and jewelry, or mainly handbags; is there an average amount that it increases, say $30 or $40 bucks; do we know when it's coming? Thank you very much.:smile:

Hello fellow LV lovers. I'm attempting to plan my purchases wisely, and in so doing, am thinking about the price increase. My questions are as follows: does the price increase affect all products, such as luggage and jewelry, or mainly handbags; is there an average amount that it increases, say $30 or $40 bucks; do we know when it's coming? Thank you very much.:smile:

I'm not sure if it affects luggage and jewelry, but when I went to LV last weekend I spoke to my SA and he told me the price increases will take effect in February. I was there looking for a delightful GM and of course they didn't have any because it has been discontinued BUT he expressed to me if I'm serious about the bag - then I should do a phone order and to do it before the price increase because he said the Delightful GM would increase by $130-140. I don't know if that helps you but it's just an example that I thought I'd share with you. Good Luck with your decision!

Yes, they affect all items and it will be February 1st. The increase is a certain percentage across the board. I can't remember how much it's been in the past but I know someone will chime in soon. I want to say 5%!!

I asked my SA yesterday about the increase. She said it will be coming soon prob in Feb with an average of 3% across the board. Who knows, they say they don't really know until 3-5 days beforehand...allegedly.

I saw a thread a few days ago about the price increase. So yesterday I went to my local LV and purchased my SPeedy B DE 35 before the increase happens any sooner. I felt rushed, but I didn't want to kick myself if the increase happened before February. There is still one more item I would like and I am SO torn if I should get it before the increase....

I too grabbed the NF GM was waiting for Mothers day but someone in the LV store said canvas could be up to 10% leather as much as 20%. That seemed like a huge jump in price but since I was new to LV I didn't want to chance it. The SA I dealt with yesterday different store, said she wasn't given any info yet and most of the time they are only given about 3 days notice. 3% would have been only about 27 dollars and I could have waited, but 90 dollars is a bit different.

Wow, 20% for leather is a bit extreme. I hope that isn't true since I'm saving up for either a Brea or something in Empreinte this year :-s Although from my various chats with the SAs at the store, they say that we hardly get any price increases because the prices are already higher than in most places.

I notice that there is a price increase each and every year...however I also notice that if you purchase your LV on line it will be more expensive than in the LV store. This has rung true in my experience so far researching prices from the official LV site, verses the upscale mall that I purchased my first LV speedy 25 bandouliere...

I notice that there is a price increase each and every year...however I also notice that if you purchase your LV on line it will be more expensive than in the LV store. This has rung true in my experience so far researching prices from the official LV site, verses the upscale mall that I purchased my first LV speedy 25 bandouliere...

I haven't seen that. I'm in the US and have shopped in store and online and the item prices were the same. The only difference I've seen is sales tax, which would affect the total price.