how much does hot stamping affect resale value?

angiecake

GirlOnBalcony
Dec 27, 2012
I'm looking at a pre-loved bag on Ebay, and it has initials heat-stamped onto it in a pretty visible location, but luckily, I can wear the bag with the stamp facing me so it's not a big deal. I always like to keep the resale value in mind so how much less does a bag go for (original is around $1100) if it's been heatstamped? I want to also gauge whether they are asking for a reasonable price (around $700). Thanks!

Also, just to confirm, I'm able to take it to an LV store, even without receipt, and have the gold film removed to make it less obvious?

$(KGrHqV,!isFC8TOd7BSBQ9I!FvgM!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
700 is reasonable for a 1200 bag provided it is authentic. resale value is affected and you could lose up to a few hundred depending on bag value and resale-ability.

keep in mind besides the initials facing you, they can also be covered by a scarf or bandeau so you wont see them at all....and lv can remove the foil color, although the imprinted intial WILL remain. (all SA's may not do it but it can be done.)

Personally I would not like it either ...............however the person can also ways replace that one tab. Especially if the bag is in good condition. On a bag that is DE it is easier to have it replaced because there is no patina to worry about.

I would have no problem buying a bag with someone else's initials as long the bag was in good condition. But yes, it may affect resale value....it does sound like a good price for the bag..