LV Wallet

thisonce

Nov 6, 2012
I'm in search for a Louis Vuitton wallet but I'm stuck on deciding which to choose. I love the smallness of the zippy coin purse and the little accordion style of it but I don't want to be folding up my bills. I also love the zippy compact wallet and that it'll hold my seven cards with some extra loyalty cards and receipts with also laying all my bills flat. Do you think the price jump is worth it? I'm a 22 year old guy who love the practicality of a "girl" wallet but I don't want it to be too girly if that makes sense? How do you feel about a guy carrying a mono zippy compact wallet? Would it be better in the damier print?

I'm in search for a Louis Vuitton wallet but I'm stuck on deciding which to choose. I love the smallness of the zippy coin purse and the little accordion style of it but I don't want to be folding up my bills. I also love the zippy compact wallet and that it'll hold my seven cards with some extra loyalty cards and receipts with also laying all my bills flat. Do you think the price jump is worth it? I'm a 22 year old guy who love the practicality of a "girl" wallet but I don't want it to be too girly if that makes sense? How do you feel about a guy carrying a mono zippy compact wallet? Would it be better in the damier print?
Might ask a mod to move this to the LV sub-forum...

thisonce said:

When it comes to print, I don't think it matters. The style is the more deciding factor of femininity or masculinity in my view. I didn't find zippy compact handy because of the way you have to access your bills. Seemed awkward to me. It's too bad zippy coin doesn't come in a version that opens flat... There's a discontinued style that's kind of in between, but the name is escaping me. It was the wallet LV offered before Alexandra. Um... Porte tresor? Maybe it's too femme?

This is a tough one...

Where are you going to carry it by the way? Pocket?

I think the wallets from the masculine Macassar line is very stylish. I own the Gaspar wallet, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Screenshot_2013-01-17-23-04-57-1_zpsd2acb53e.png

Screenshot_2013-01-17-23-04-04-1_zps540b9b1e.png

No the Zippy Coin Purse is not feminine IMO; it's a great handy size that can be put in your pocket. Although the Zippy Compact and the Zippy Wallet in Damier Graphite open flat they are larger and if you don't have a bag then you will have to hold it which would look more like a clutch, which could be seen by some as a tad feminine.

When it comes to print, I don't think it matters. The style is the more deciding factor of femininity or masculinity in my view. I didn't find zippy compact handy because of the way you have to access your bills. Seemed awkward to me. It's too bad zippy coin doesn't come in a version that opens flat... There's a discontinued style that's kind of in between, but the name is escaping me. It was the wallet LV offered before Alexandra. Um... Porte tresor? Maybe it's too femme?

This is a tough one...

Where are you going to carry it by the way? Pocket?

I've seen that wallet that you're talking about before and I've liked that its in between. I'd want the monogram print because its more of a classic to me than the DE even if it was their first print. I'd carry it in my backpacks that I carry or when I'm walking I'd carry it in my hand with my phone.

I think the wallets from the masculine Macassar line is very stylish. I own the Gaspar wallet, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Screenshot_2013-01-17-23-04-57-1_zpsd2acb53e.png

Screenshot_2013-01-17-23-04-04-1_zps540b9b1e.png

I really love the insides on these wallets, with the monogram!

I don't really fall for zippy wallets, I prefer the simple vertical ones, like the James or the Coloumbus (this one is too big for me, but it gets the best of those to worlds: the space and the practicability of the zippys and the discretion of the bifolding)...

I llloooovvvvveeeee my Zippy Compact Wallet, it's so user friendly. I don't think the Mono is out of the question, but for a guy I think the DE print is better. I use my ZCW everyday and I think the accessibility is perfect, easy in and out of and secure!! GL with your choice. I can post some pics of mine if you'd like

I'm a guy and I love bigger/long wallets but I'm not a fan of accordion style wallets. I have the Zippy Compact in Ebene but I love it so much I've considered buying it in Mono too! It's the perfect size - smaller than a Zippy but still extremely spacious and I love the flat opening. I previously used a Brazza and I much prefer the security of the zip closure. Couldn't recommend this wallet enough.

I llloooovvvvveeeee my Zippy Compact Wallet, it's so user friendly. I don't think the Mono is out of the question, but for a guy I think the DE print is better. I use my ZCW everyday and I think the accessibility is perfect, easy in and out of and secure!! GL with your choice. I can post some pics of mine if you'd like

I think the DE is better for a guy too so that's why I don't mind either. I think it's a little better too especially when putting coins in and they stain the interior it's less noticeable with the darker leather. Thanks for you input! And yes I would love to see photos of your wallet! :smile:

I'm a guy and I love bigger/long wallets but I'm not a fan of accordion style wallets. I have the Zippy Compact in Ebene but I love it so much I've considered buying it in Mono too! It's the perfect size - smaller than a Zippy but still extremely spacious and I love the flat opening. I previously used a Brazza and I much prefer the security of the zip closure. Couldn't recommend this wallet enough.

What made you think about getting the monogram too? I absolutely love the flat opening too and is a major reason why I choose the ZC over a regular zippy. Thank you :smile:

thisonce said:
I've seen that wallet that you're talking about before and I've liked that its in between. I'd want the monogram print because its more of a classic to me than the DE even if it was their first print. I'd carry it in my backpacks that I carry or when I'm walking I'd carry it in my hand with my phone.

That second one that Dorf posted looks awesome! I'd check that out.

O.K., here you go, some live pics. I can't say enough about the ZCW

Attachments

• image-840556024.jpg
    image-840556024.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 736
  • image-826554481.jpg
    image-826554481.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 724
  • image-714436216.jpg
    image-714436216.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 724
  • image-2776444826.jpg