Workplace Working at home

Try flexjobs.com.

I currently work through a publisher. My job was eliminated, so they hired me to work on "legacy products."

There is also elance.

For customer service, try alpine.

Also try cragislist and indeed.com. Use keywords telecommuting or work at home.
Good luck!

I have experience with medical transcription, and have taken classes for it. Anyone know of good legit sites for at home medical trans work? Any does anyone have experience working from home doing such?

i could easily do my job at home but my boss throws a fit any time i mention it. even on days when i physically can not get to work - like when i had a tree branch the size of a small tree in front of my garage door.

^^Doesn't that drive you NUTS?!?!? It happens to me, too. Little does my boss realize that I accomplish so much more when the entire staff isn't there to walk into my office every five minutes!

I worked from home for many years.. Home-based business.. It definitley has its advantages, but you must be self-motivated to make it work... If you are someone who needs structure, it won't work... That said, your success is really limited only by how hsrd you are willing to work and it is possible to do really, really well!

Good luck

Try flexjobs.com.

I currently work through a publisher. My job was eliminated, so they hired me to work on "legacy products."

There is also elance.

For customer service, try alpine.

Also try cragislist and indeed.com. Use keywords telecommuting or work at home.
Good luck!
flexjobs. actually charge you a membership fee?Can you really find jobs in those websites?cuz i noe there is a lot scams now a days. did you personally try them?

flexjobs. actually charge you a membership fee?Can you really find jobs in those websites?cuz i noe there is a lot scams now a days. did you personally try them?

I know you have to be careful. The scams are mixed in with the real jobs. It helps that I have Trend Micro antivirus software. It warns me if it is a dangerous site. That's a big clue. Also try googling these "companies." You will learn a lot that way.
There is also Creative Circle and odesk.
I hate odesk, because you are bidding against people. It's pathetic. Some of them pay wages suitable for the Philippines, etc. We are talkng editing jobs, btw.
I have yet to have gotten anything from Creative Circle.

If you can bear to do customer service from home, try Alpine. You won't make a lot of money. They're legit.

^^Doesn't that drive you NUTS?!?!? It happens to me, too. Little does my boss realize that I accomplish so much more when the entire staff isn't there to walk into my office every five minutes!

my office life would be so much better even if my boss would work from home lol she's always complaining how she never gets any work done here cause she's always on the phone. i want to tell her "THEN WORK AT HOME!!!" she works at home at night and on the weekends so she might as well just stay there during the work day as well ;)

i've been at this company for over 6 years. i've worked at home i think twice due to factors that prevented me getting to work (not including being sick). after the last one that happened this past summer - i got this huge lecture about how i cant be making a habit of it because it wasn't fair to everyone else. out of an office of 6, there's one person who would be unable to work from home.

I work at home 2 days a week, and in the office 3 days. I love being allowed to do this, and I can accomplish so much. I find it best to stick to a routine just like I was going to work: I start at the same time as I do in the office, and I dress, do my hair, and wear make-up every day. Granted, I dress in jeans and a casual top at home. Some of my co-workers say they work all day in their pajamas, but that makes me feel sloppy and sleepy.
p.s. my employer allows all of us to work 2 days at home if we choose, I did not have to fight for this.

We are allowed to work from home 2 days a week and I like this policy. However, whenever I work from home, I tend to work longer hour. Instead of finishing my work at 5:30pm, I find myself still replying to emails at 7pm.

I've worked from home since 2009. I've about had it, and I'm ready to return to the workplace. While there are definitely annoyances to commuting to work, working from home is really isolating.