Medium Cecily anyone?

Baginuse

Jun 13, 2012
Ok ladies I have to admit the more I look at the medium Cecily I think I'm in love...its seems to have it all, printed leather ( I do adore that as you prob now by now) and its a good size and it looks fab...but it has a SHORT chain...so I not so sure if this is comfortable at all, wearing her in my armpit? Have anyone bought or tried this bag on ?
I loved my prited Lily so much but it just was to small for me and I do love to wear bags on my shoulder so this is all well but it does not look so comfy? What do you think? Looks amazing worn in hand also. I really do prefer this look more than the medium Lily and would love to hear if someone has it or has tried it on...:biggrin:

I hadn't even looked at cecily before now but I like the colours and textures on them. As the chain looks chunkier my only concern would be is the strap too heavy for me. The medium size looks ideal too. I think moo may have a shimmery bark print(?) one I seen a pic of last year or it may just have been an alternative lily I can't remember- it wasn't a medium size though.

I hadn't even looked at cecily before now but I like the colours and textures on them. As the chain looks chunkier my only concern would be is the strap too heavy for me. The medium size looks ideal too. I think moo may have a shimmery bark print(?) one I seen a pic of last year or it may just have been an alternative lily I can't remember- it wasn't a medium size though.
I think that bark one ( so lovely!!!) was a lily?
I love the size of this one...I must try it on! :biggrin:

Hi Baginuse,

I love this design and have a few now. The bark fur print was called lily + chain, but is the first Cecily. The regular cecily is just fractionally smaller than the lily and has a slightly square shape to it. The chain is significantly heavier, it is very thick and flattened, so comfy to hand hold or wear on the shoulder. The chain is fairly short, so it sits quite high. I've not measured but would say it's close to the doubled lily chain length. If you prefer a bigger bag there is a medium Cecily which is just a couple of centimeters smaller (all round) than the large lily.

:smile:

2ccab43b8de6798a93bae340cb99b9f9_zpsda011815.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Baginuse,

I love this design and have a few now. The bark fur print was called lily + chain, but is the first Cecily. The regular cecily is just fractionally smaller than the lily and has a slightly square shape to it. The chain is significantly heavier, it is very thick and flattened, so comfy to hand hold or wear on the shoulder. The chain is fairly short, so it sits quite high. I've not measured but would say it's close to the doubled lily chain length. If you prefer a bigger bag there is a medium Cecily which is just a couple of centimeters smaller (all round) than the large lily.

:smile:

2ccab43b8de6798a93bae340cb99b9f9_zpsda011815.jpg

Thanks Moo. I do love the chain. That was a good pic to show how it is flattened. The medium Cecily would def be my choice as I find the smaller Lily far to small.
Do you have any Cecily in the medium size Moo? Would be great to know how you find them sitting under your arm, I m a bit worried it will feel awkward as they do look pretty large and I'm thinking the arm might stick out a but and that would feel weird? But I really like the look of it, it look so nice in the crook of the arm or handheld also. Guess I have to try one on! :biggrin:

Thanks Moo. I do love the chain. That was a good pic to show how it is flattened. The medium Cecily would def be my choice as I find the smaller Lily far to small.
Do you have any Cecily in the medium size Moo? Would be great to know how you find them sitting under your arm, I m a bit worried it will feel awkward as they do look pretty large and I'm thinking the arm might stick out a but and that would feel weird? But I really like the look of it, it look so nice in the crook of the arm or handheld also. Guess I have to try one on! :biggrin:
Morning Hon,

No, I prefer the smaller size. These regulars sit comfortably on me, I'm 5'10" I think it is a case of personal taste, so you're going to have to try one....or two.....or three ;)

Yes, I tried there.
Oh nice, thank you! I better try to pass by there sometime this weekend to try it out
I was so disappointed that the store would not have the Alexa with wowen trim in stock,( dont dare to make them order her for me as I not really sure how the color looks irl) and that I would had to buy it if they would order it in for me, so I am quite shocked to see that they have got medium Cecilyin stock!
I would have thought that the Alexa would sell a lot better, but they do make strange choices there...:smile: Nice to be able and see the medium Lily and the med Cecily at the same time. :biggrin:

Morning Hon,

No, I prefer the smaller size. These regulars sit comfortably on me, I'm 5'10" I think it is a case of personal taste, so you're going to have to try one....or two.....or three ;)

Morning Moo,
the reg are the one that I do prefer from just looking at them, the proportions on those are perfect. the mediumones are not just as perfect in my opinion, but if they would make a medium Lily in printed leather I'd prob be first in line for it. But that leather seems to be only for the Cecily range. I'm also pretty small, just 164 cm and the reg Lily is perfect for my size, but not for my needs unfortunately. Just need a wee bit more space so I guess I have to go to the store and try them out, the medium ones. I do like to avoid it tho as every time I got to the store I usally end up with a lot more bags on my "must have someday" list...some are so much more tempting irl!! :biggrin: