Returning item that was phone order to a store?

kimariew

O.G.
Nov 10, 2009
I did a phone order for a zebra stole from the north Michigan avenue store in Chicago. I received it tonight, and it had a large pull in it already and the tag was already half torn off!! I realize eventually this could happen but for $860 I would not expect to receive it in this condition. I do not know if this was a display that people tried on or a return, but it is not in 'new' condition. The stole was very beautiful but I cannot bring myself to keep something that expensive that is already defective.

I immediately phoned the customer service who instructed me to mail the item back to the store location and he would send them a note? Has anyone had any experience doing this before? I've done online return once with a bad experience of waiting 3 weeks to get my refund. I will send back via Fedex with signature and tracking.

On top of it, I drove an hour and half today to Northbrook IL for other shopping, but I hadn't yet received the stole until I arrived home. If I had it yesterday I could have returned it in person. They probably won't even refund my shipping either and I have to pay to ship it back to them. Frustrating. :tdown:

I did a phone order for a zebra stole from the north Michigan avenue store in Chicago. I received it tonight, and it had a large pull in it already and the tag was already half torn off!! I realize eventually this could happen but for $860 I would not expect to receive it in this condition. I do not know if this was a display that people tried on or a return, but it is not in 'new' condition. The stole was very beautiful but I cannot bring myself to keep something that expensive that is already defective.

I immediately phoned the customer service who instructed me to mail the item back to the store location and he would send them a note? Has anyone had any experience doing this before? I've done online return once with a bad experience of waiting 3 weeks to get my refund. I will send back via Fedex with signature and tracking.

On top of it, I drove an hour and half today to Northbrook IL for other shopping, but I hadn't yet received the stole until I arrived home. If I had it yesterday I could have returned it in person. They probably won't even refund my shipping either and I have to pay to ship it back to them. Frustrating. :tdown:

Yes, I have ordered from Chicago and returned via FedEx to them...I had the number of the actual store and let the SA know it was coming. She called me when she received it and let me know the credit was being issued. I was very easy, MUCH easier than returning to the online facility!:smile:
I also received something damaged once from online and returned it to the Northbrook Store and when I called customer service they said they would send NBC an email,, which they did...I would ask to have the shipping refunded if you received a defective item. They should do that for you, most places do...

Yes, I have ordered from Chicago and returned via FedEx to them...I had the number of the actual store and let the SA know it was coming. She called me when she received it and let me know the credit was being issued. I was very easy, MUCH easier than returning to the online facility!:smile:
I also received something damaged once from online and returned it to the Northbrook Store and when I called customer service they said they would send NBC an email,, which they did...I would ask to have the shiping refunded if you received a defective item. They should do that for you, most places do...

Thanks! It's whenever I call the number for store listed on google it goes to the customer service line and they always seem reluctant to put me through to the store. Maybe I'll try again today. I appreciate your input. I'm so disappointed ---that blue lagoon zebra stole color was sold out online and I loved it in real life except for the damage to it. I thought about keeping it but the pull was long like 6 inches, and I was afraid what may happen with it. I could have lived with the tag torn half off. I took photos of pull and tag and kept all tracking to show I shipped it back in only about 1 hour from signing for it, in case I have an issue.

Thanks! It's whenever I call the number for store listed on google it goes to the customer service line and they always seem reluctant to put me through to the store. Maybe I'll try again today. I appreciate your input. I'm so disappointed ---that blue lagoon zebra stole color was sold out online and I loved it in real life except for the damage to it. I thought about keeping it but the pull was long like 6 inches, and I was afraid what may happen with it. I could have lived with the tag torn half off. I took photos of pull and tag and kept all tracking to show I shipped it back in only about 1 hour from signing for it, in case I have an issue.

Just looked it up, gorgeous stole...I definitely would not keep it if it was damaged, especialy at the price for it..I don't think you will have any issues. Geez, it makes me nervous to order anything anymore..They come damaged from online and from a store..I wanted to order two things and I am not even sure what to do anymore.....I am sure you will have no issues getting your credit....

Just looked it up, gorgeous stole...I definitely would not keep it if it was damaged, especialy at the price for it..I don't think you will have any issues. Geez, it makes me nervous to order anything anymore..They come damaged from online and from a store..I wanted to order two things and I am not even sure what to do anymore.....I am sure you will have no issues getting your credit....

I know, seems hit or miss ordering. My portobello pm i ordered online was perfect. I was surprised though with getting from store direct. I debated too long on that stole they had it available online for a long time then day I went to buy , it was sold out. Maybe that with this now are signs the stole is not meant to be for me. it was even nicer in person IMO. I didn't want one with the logo all over it and liked the colors. Now I'm debating if I should just go with a less expensive brand if the stoles are so prone to pull/snags.

I ordered from Neiman Marcus yesterday a Chanel gst, she had to ship to me from the warehouse because they didn't have black w silver in store, only 2 available in computer she said, now I'm hoping that will come ok since I didn't that see bag in person. in this case going to store didn't even really help as far as being able to inspect in person.

On a good note my bag that was with Fashionphile finally sold yesterday after over 2 months consigned. That cheered me up after the letdown from the stole. I had regretted not sending to yoogis but in the end I got almost $300 more than yoogis quoted.

I decided to exchange afterall, only because i really like the stole and that color is sold out online. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the new stole will be in better condition.

However, I'm still having an issue again with my shipping address being wrong on my receipt, as it was on the original order. It keeps saying madison but i dont live in madison! i called numerous times to correct the transposed zip code and wrong city the first time and each time they assure me that I am correct in the computer and yet again I still get receipt with Madison and wrong zip code. The SA promised to call me before she left to confirm the other SA at the store now shipping it out in CA gets the right info, but she never called me and now they are closed. So I am left wondering if it got fixed or if my package will end up lost in Madison, at some nonexistent address. I am so frustrated, I don't understand why it is so difficult to fix a transposed digit in the zip code.

I decided to exchange afterall, only because i really like the stole and that color is sold out online. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the new stole will be in better condition.

However, I'm still having an issue again with my shipping address being wrong on my receipt, as it was on the original order. It keeps saying madison but i dont live in madison! i called numerous times to correct the transposed zip code and wrong city the first time and each time they assure me that I am correct in the computer and yet again I still get receipt with Madison and wrong zip code. The SA promised to call me before she left to confirm the other SA at the store now shipping it out in CA gets the right info, but she never called me and now they are closed. So I am left wondering if it got fixed or if my package will end up lost in Madison, at some nonexistent address. I am so frustrated, I don't understand why it is so difficult to fix a transposed digit in the zip code.
I hope it all works out! Can you call the 866 number and maybe have it changed there? I thought it was all connected? If it comes to madison , they wil catch it and send it to the appropriate place by the street address being wrong. It'll be a delay getting to you tho..has it been shipped and do you know how its being shipped?