Come See My New (To Me!) Craigslist Score!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Every now and then I remember to check out my local Craigslist for Coach bargains. I have seen lots of fakes and many overpriced bags on CL but occassionally I spot something special at a decent price.

I've only made one Craigslist purchase so far, a Coach ladybug straw tote for $50. I have been tempted a few times but I am usually able to resist - until just recently!

I saw something that I really liked at a good price so I contacted the seller and we agreed to meet last Sunday at the local Home Depot store. It was all very clandestine, I told her that I would be wearing a red jacket and carrying a black patent leather purse! (My Kristin Pleated Satchel.)

We both showed up at the appointed time and she presented me with the large Vera Bradley box shown below. I inspected the items and handed over the cash. It only took a few minutes!

Want to see what was in the box? :graucho:

Attachments

• teaser001.jpg
    teaser001.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
I have always loved the look of the tattersall-lined bleecker bags that came out in 2007 before I became a Coachie. I did get lucky and find a bleecker wallet and a tattersall cashmere scarf at the outlet, but they were my entire collection.

So when I saw this offer for a woven and laced navy bleecker bag with matching wallet, I decided to go for it!

This is what I got for $80 total:
Bleecker Large Flap 11419 in Ink (Made in China in 2007, MSRP = $448)
Bleecker Checkbook Wallet 41549 in Ink (Made in China 2007, MSRP = $248)
1 unopened bottle each of Coach leather cleaner and conditioner.

Attachments

• teaser002.jpg
    teaser002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 582
  • 11419_B4IK-1_d2.jpg
    11419_B4IK-1_d2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 571
The bag and wallet were in pretty good shape, just a little dirty and scuffed and a few minor spots on the lining. The wallet is missing the checkbook cover and has a few pen marks inside and the purse doesn't have the dustbag; but otherwise everything is intact and there were no bad smells or anything really bad.

The seller told me that they belonged to her Mother and her Mom gave them to her to sell or keep.

Here are some pics after I cleaned them up a little. They didn't need much work at all!

You can see the authentication "before" pics at the links below. BeenBurned authenticated them for me and NoShoePolish told me that the color is called "Ink" not "Navy".

Bag (before):
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-763164-351.html#post23737306

Wallet (before):
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-763164-351.html#post23737331

Attachments

• InkBleeckerFlapAfter003.jpg
    InkBleeckerFlapAfter003.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 531
  • InkBleeckerFlapAfter006.jpg
    InkBleeckerFlapAfter006.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 531
  • InkBleeckerFlapAfter008.jpg
    InkBleeckerFlapAfter008.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 516
  • InkBleeckerFlapAfter011.jpg
    InkBleeckerFlapAfter011.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 519
  • InkBleeckerFlapAfter012.jpg
    InkBleeckerFlapAfter012.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 516
Wow! Nice! Did she not know what she had? Or that they could be restored to perfection? Doesn't matter, score! Very nice finds, congrats!

She didn't know what she had but didn't seem to interested. She called them vintage and said that she thought her Mom had bought them in the 1990s (both wrong guesses!)

She said that her Mom gave them to her to wear or sell and she didn't want to keep them. So they are mine now! :biggrin:

Wow, good job! It looks pretty perfect!

Thanks, they didn't need much work.

I used non-alcohol baby wipes to clean the lining and remove a few spots. Then I went over the leather surfaces with lexol cleaner. After that I applied conditioner and buffed the leather.

The hardware is antique so I just rubbed the brass with my polishing cloth to give it a little shine. It was easy!