REVEAL: RED Mini Cabas Chyc! + Comparisons & Modshot

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
I have been a Bal fanatic for a couple years and sold some beautiful RED Bals. I've missed them so much and have struggled to find just the right RED bag. Wanted something cool, chic, versatile, and TRUE RED!

Here is Miss Mini Cabas Chyc in ROUGE!!
Notice the square HW at the base of the handles. This is the 2nd design of CC. I much prefer this to the 3rd and new design. I love texture on my leather. Too smooth worries me to death. The HW is shiny gold but not too yellow. It is shiny but not too shiny. The HW will certainly look more antiqued/vintage with wear and age. Love that!

8387363782_3422287889_b.jpg

8387363470_986cd7a4dd_b.jpg

8386278283_c3de44aa70_b.jpg

8386277757_08172b0c17_b.jpg

I put ALL the stuff I would carry on a daily basis and it fit! Typically I would carry a Balenciaga City, Medium Givenchy Antigona, or my Large Gucci. I wasn't sure the mini CC could handle the load but it did. It's a snug fit but if I ever needed to do so, I know I can carry it all.

8387362946_3c312c2e90_b.jpg

8387362470_49b7af0fa8_b.jpg

The RED on this CC is TRUE RED. I don't detect any undertones. I looked at her in natural lighting in a room and by a window. She is a deep, rich, vibrant red. She is not loud cheap red. I thought Bal's 2008 Ruby was the perfect RED red, but sometimes I thought Ruby was too bright. The YSL RED is PERFECT!

Here is the CC with Bal's Pourpre (same as inside a pomegranate) and Prada's Red (Vitello Daino leather). Of course, I love those reds too. :graucho:

8387362226_46d32fabb0_b.jpg

Size of the Mini CC allows it to be a non-overwhelming bag for smaller people like myself (5'4") and still carries all you need for the day. It is smaller in most ways compared to Bal City or Medium Antigona. It is as deep as Bal City but not as long or tall. Handle drop is the shortest of all my bags. CC has the shortest, then Antigona, then my Bal City has the biggest handle drop of the 3 bags. The strap is perfect on me for carrying on the shoulder. However, I wouldn't carry as a crossbody. The strap is just a bit too short for that and the bag is too structured. Looks and feels awkward that way.

Mini Cabas Chyc vs Balenciaga City
8387362038_c15c9360cf_b.jpg

Mini Cabas Chyc vs Medium Givenchy Antigona
8387361850_b06382cd4e_b.jpg

More Comparison Views

8386276631_6dc011e1c7_b.jpg

8386276347_e59d1b644f_b.jpg

Finally, this is what Mini CC looks like on a person 5'4"
(Pls excuse my work-at-home clothes. My home office has no dress code.)
8386276175_8d13f4b893_b.jpg

There she is! Thank you for letting me share my perfect RED bag!!

Wow! Soooo gorgeous and Yummy red!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Thanks for the great review and congrats on adding the Cabas Chyc to your collection! Love your Antigona too!

What a lovely bag! I am normally not a red person, but that red makes me want one. So nice that you carry crayons in a ziploc for your kid, I do the same :smile:

Love it! Such a great variety of bags you have!

Wow! Soooo gorgeous and Yummy red!
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Goooorgeous, congrats!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You got it!!! It looks great on you girl! I knew you would love the red!! Oh...I love bals pourpre and ruby!

Thank you ladies! I'm beyond thrilled with this CC. I LOVE THE RED!!!

Peachbaby: Yes, a mom MUST carry crayons, right? So nice to know other moms do this too. They can be a lifesaver...especially in a restaurant or anywhere you gotta wait a while.

YoYo: We are kind of bag twins! The red is amazing. Seriously, cannot think of a Bal red that is like this one. Ruby will always have a special place but THIS...WOW! Pourpre really is awesome, isn't it? I would NEVER let go of my Pourpre.

I love love love it! I just bought a black one because I really don't have a black everyday type bag, but this red makes me think maybe I should exchange. :graucho:

I love love love it! I just bought a black one because I really don't have a black everyday type bag, but this red makes me think maybe I should exchange. :graucho:

The red is amazing! Definitely worth a consideration.

If anyone is interested in pursuing a red mini in this design CC, PM me. My SA just happened to get 4 in that day I called. Don't know if they have any left now.

Question, where did you get it? I'm curious if it came in a YSL box? I just got the black I ordered and it did not have a box, which is fine, but I wondered if it should have a YSL box.

Question, where did you get it? I'm curious if it came in a YSL box? I just got the black I ordered and it did not have a box, which is fine, but I wondered if it should have a YSL box.

I got mine from the City Center (Las Vegas) YSL boutique. No, I didn't get a box either. Strange huh? It's the first luxury bag I've owned to not come in a box. Plus, you pay a minimum of $10 for shipping. Wasn't happy to hear that I had to pay for shipping considering the price of the bloody bag.

Well, since I've revealed where I got it, might as well say that my SA was Lynn. Actually, she is an asst mgr there and she took great care of me. :biggrin: