Counterfeit perfume

Kazushi

Jun 11, 2012
My fiance and I took a trip to NYC. We decided to go to Chinatown to see a new neighborhood and shop around. My fiance was very aware of counterfeit bags sold there but we did not know that there is also a huge counterfeit perfume market. She generally wears D&G light blue. She decided to buy a new fragrance, some Juicy Couture kind. I am not sure of the particular scent. We got it for $15. After we got back to the hotel we decided to do a google search for counterfeit or fake perfume. And what do you know there was lots of information about scams selling fake perfume. We had no idea. We saw a lot of consumer report videos and it is scary because the videos said that the fakes have things like "goat urine, antifreeze, lots of alcohol" and they can be toxic to your skin and cause rashes. So we will have to be more careful in the future. The fakes are even sold online. I am not sure if everyone on here is aware of fake perfume but just wanted to share so that you don't make a mistake of buying from a sketchy source and get a skin disease or rash.

It is amazing the things that are faked. I saw a documentary on fakes and everything from toothpaste to wine to batteries to beats headphones are faked--it's not just luxury designer goods. I'll try to find the documentary and post it here but I know there is one that is on MSNBC a lot.

emcosmo1639 said:
It is amazing the things that are faked. I saw a documentary on fakes and everything from toothpaste to wine to batteries to beats headphones are faked--it's not just luxury designer goods. I'll try to find the documentary and post it here but I know there is one that is on MSNBC a lot.

Frightening.

Isn't it crazy? So bizarre.

Counterfeit perfume is a huge thing in NY with tourists. Before the city shut everything down there was a huge counterfeit market in Midtown where every store just sold them. Also you'll still find random tables on the street across the city selling them. It's bad, everything is counterfeited these days!

I saw that documentary, too! It was just disgusting.

Chanel is one of the biggest brands of fragrance faked on eBay.

We had the same kind of documentary on French television!
It's disgusting and scary!
It's better to buy perfume from a "supermarket" brand ( some are very good!)then a copy of a luxury brand!

Counterfeit perfume is a huge thing in NY with tourists. Before the city shut everything down there was a huge counterfeit market in Midtown where every store just sold them. Also you'll still find random tables on the street across the city selling them. It's bad, everything is counterfeited these days!

Yea, those pop up once in a while, the city has gotten better at cleaning it up but it still exists.