Which bag for travelling abroad??

Thanks everyone- I'm going to keep thinking about it this eve and just go with whatever suits my mood in the morning!

I'm nearly packed so I might just get an early night and forget about it all...

Have fun TPFers I'll miss you all!
X

oooo no, Mulberries and holidays don't mix (unless you're going on an adults only city break)

Kids = suntan cream and ice cream
Beaches = sand, water, suntan cream
Evenings out = too much alcohol, nowhere safe to put bags
Planes = hand luggage v hold luggage, either way bags get squashed
Hotels - worry about what you leave in the room

I'm obviously not careful enough to take Mulberries abroad.......

Personally I've got a Kipling x body bag which I use if on a plane as travelling with young kids is stressful enough I don't want to be worried about my bag.... I'm already paranoid enough about passports, tickets etc!

...... which is why I have a collection of Kiplings that accompany me everywhere outside the UK

I'm just being silly Mulbs - enjoy your holiday whichever bag you take:smile:

Thanks everyone- I'm going to keep thinking about it this eve and just go with whatever suits my mood in the morning!

I'm nearly packed so I might just get an early night and forget about it all...

Have fun TPFers I'll miss you all!
X

I carry a cabin sized case and just put my handbag inside it with all the spare ones above my head once you are actually on get it down and get your bag out this way they are with you all through your journey.
Have a nice holiday

Thank you plemont- not!!

Hahahaha

I'm sure it'll be fine but I do think I'm taking Anya as she's patent and been all over the world...

Although a big cabin size carry on for my spares actually might be an idea as I also have to lug around the hood part of the collapsible stroller we got for dd

Didn't want to take the iCandy on a plane either!

Thank you plemont- not!!

Hahahaha

I'm sure it'll be fine but I do think I'm taking Anya as she's patent and been all over the world...

Although a big cabin size carry on for my spares actually might be an idea as I also have to lug around the hood part of the collapsible stroller we got for dd

Didn't want to take the iCandy on a plane either!

Maclaren buggy for travelling!! Compact, lightweight, easy to fold and have you seen the way buggy's get thrown around by airport?!!!
Anya probably safe choice xx

lolz said:
Maclaren buggy for travelling!! Compact, lightweight, easy to fold and have you seen the way buggy's get thrown around by airport?!!!
Anya probably safe choice xx

Heard about mclaren too but went with one my SIL recommended - cheap n cheerful throw about buggy! Think it's called a zoom?? Or voom??

I'd keep your eye on her Hun and keep her in your hand luggage. I've known of all sorts of things missing from hold luggage at the end of the flight. Shall I come and carry your bags for you :giggles:

Def keep Lily in your handluggage! :yes:I have worked at an airport and do know what things that does happen to peoples luggage at times. No bags in the suitcase! I would never risk that, I seen far too much stealing and then all the damaged bags, bags ran over by trucks, dropped from heights and opened...Oh you get the picture...:biggrin:

oooo no, Mulberries and holidays don't mix (unless you're going on an adults only city break)

Kids = suntan cream and ice cream
Beaches = sand, water, suntan cream
Evenings out = too much alcohol, nowhere safe to put bags
Planes = hand luggage v hold luggage, either way bags get squashed
Hotels - worry about what you leave in the room

I'm obviously not careful enough to take Mulberries abroad.......

...... which is why I have a collection of Kiplings that accompany me everywhere outside the UK

I'm just being silly Mulbs - enjoy your holiday whichever bag you take:smile:

Totally agreed! Glad I'm not the only mulberry girl who also has Kipling's for back-up!! Before Mulb I used to have loads of Kipling but sold all but 2, x body day bag and an evening bag, both only ever used when I am going somewhere I don't want to worry about my bag.
Actually before Mulb I found Kipling quite addictive as well.... albeit they're much cheaper addiction!

Totally agreed! Glad I'm not the only mulberry girl who also has Kipling's for back-up!! Before Mulb I used to have loads of Kipling but sold all but 2, x body day bag and an evening bag, both only ever used when I am going somewhere I don't want to worry about my bag.
Actually before Mulb I found Kipling quite addictive as well.... albeit they're much cheaper addiction!

.....and much easier to store! - I still have all of mine in a box under my bed :smile:

elvisfan4life said:
I only took oak lily on our 4. Week epic trip to Thailand Dubai and oz in 2011 it was perfect day and night casual and posh shopping and beach etc

My lily is a bit sparkly for day wear so Daria is coming along with another cross body big bag that I bought from Egypt for any overflow items of dd

Nearly there!