Indonesia customs - contact?

Michy1215

O.G.
May 26, 2007
On November 30th I mailed a Michael korsmbag to Indonesia that I sold on eBay. The buyer opened a dispute a few days ago that they haven't received it. I provided them with the customs number after I called USPS and wasmtldmthe bag is stuck in customs. eBay favored the buyer because there is no proof of delivery. Before I appeal the case I want to find out the status of the package from indoneisa customs. How do I contact them?

For further assistance please contact the Indonesian Customs authorities directly. They will provide the latest information about customs regulations and export-import procedures.

Indonesian Customs contact information

Address:
Jl. Lapangan Banteng Timur No.2-4
Jakarta 10710
Telephone: +62213841067

For additional information about travel restrictions, security warnings, political updates, and basic travel guidelines, please contact the nearest Indonesian Embassy.

List of Indonesian Embassies all over the world: http://indonesia.visahq.co.uk/embassy/United-Kingdom/

You shipped it Express Mail right? It may be on it's way back to you but that could take forever and a day. Is it insured? Did you click the box to RTS in case of non-delivery?

For further assistance please contact the Indonesian Customs authorities directly. They will provide the latest information about customs regulations and export-import procedures.

Indonesian Customs contact information

Address:
Jl. Lapangan Banteng Timur No.2-4
Jakarta 10710
Telephone: +62213841067

For additional information about travel restrictions, security warnings, political updates, and basic travel guidelines, please contact the nearest Indonesian Embassy.

List of Indonesian Embassies all over the world: http://indonesia.visahq.co.uk/embassy/United-Kingdom/
Thank you. Do you happen to know if they speak English if I call?

Thank you. Do you happen to know if they speak English if I call?

Sorry, I have no idea as I got that information from the internet. Maybe starting with the US embassy office first and asking them about this might be a good idea? Or check out their website first, then maybe try the call and find out.

Sorry, I have no idea as I got that information from the internet. Maybe starting with the US embassy office first and asking them about this might be a good idea? Or check out their website first, then maybe try the call and find out.
I did. They are no help. They tell me that since it was shipped first class, they don't have to scan the package at any point. So the fact that when I track the customs number, all it shows is that it was dropped off at my local post office, doesn't mean anything. And when I asked if they would have the contact number for customs they told me they don't have any numbers outside of the U.S. They also said it could take up to 2 months for proof of delivery to be sent from Indonesia back to the U.S.

I did. They are no help. They tell me that since it was shipped first class, they don't have to scan the package at any point. So the fact that when I track the customs number, all it shows is that it was dropped off at my local post office, doesn't mean anything. And when I asked if they would have the contact number for customs they told me they don't have any numbers outside of the U.S. They also said it could take up to 2 months for proof of delivery to be sent from Indonesia back to the U.S.

So maybe check out the website for Indonesia and email them, and if you don't hear back, try calling the number listed. Sorry, wish I could help more but I don't have any experience with this. Unless you mean you already contacted Jakarta and they have no information for you, in which case I'm stumped. Sorry. :sad:

I've never seen a FCI package scanned on delivery.

ETA: I should clarify -- I've never seen tracking showing that a first class international package was delivered.

hi tutushopper,
do you have info regarding custom or import duties for bags? i heard the indonesia import duties for bags are very high.

If you live in Indonesia (I saw this from your other post) why don't you find out for your self? You can call Custom in Sukarno Hatta airport and not the Departemen Keuangan. And if you bought the item from eBay, tell seller to ship via postal service, using EMS, you will then receive the item via Pos Indonesia.

hi tutushopper,
do you have info regarding custom or import duties for bags? i heard the indonesia import duties for bags are very high.

If you live in Indonesia (I saw this from your other post) why don't you find out for your self? You can call Custom in Sukarno Hatta airport and not the Departemen Keuangan. And if you bought the item from eBay, tell seller to ship via postal service, using EMS, you will then receive the item via Pos Indonesia.

Good idea, as I'm nowhere near Indonesia and getting my information by using my friendly neighborhood search engine...try it, it's easy! :smile: