Damier Azur... Help me choose...

mmerchant

has Baby & LV Fever
Aug 15, 2012
Hi tPF friends! I need some opinions. I'm hoping to get something in Azur to add to my collection. I really cannot decide between all of these beautiful bags. Damier Azur is soo beautiful, feminine, and fresh! I am a little leary of such a light bag, but I'm willing to give this a try! Unfortunately, I won't be able to purchase these bags before this darn, dreaded price increase. I will, of course, eventually make it to my boutique to check them out in person. But until then, I was hoping you all could give me your input on these Azur bags.

Artsy MM... so beautiful. However, I am unsure about the comfort of the strap. Some people say they love it, some don't!

Speedy 30... I don't own a Speedy. However, I am typically a shoulder bag girl. But perhaps I can learn to love using a handheld since it is, afterall, a Speedy!

New Speedy B 30... a shoulder strap is nice. However, I am unsure I really like the way this bag looks carried shoulder or crossbody.

NF MM... Big and spacious. However, I was not sure I really cared for the NF because of the uncomfortable straps, the possibility to get lost inside because it's literally never full (lol), and those cinching straps (some say they stay, some say they don't) NF was never really on my radar... but now I'm thinking :thinking:...

Galliera PM... this bag was definitely not on my radar. But it's gorgeous! And that large, flat strap looks really comfortable. However, the PM size seems quite large still. Although I like large bags, is it TOO large? And that plate... how to protect that large plate?

New Soffi... saw this and thought it was interesting. However, my husband thinks it's awful. I know his opinion ultimately shouldn't matter though. But it's hard to judge a bag no one has any pros or cons for!

Thank you my dear tPF'ers for your help! I keep reading and reading, but need some input! Oh, and mod pics are, of course, always welcome :biggrin:

So here's my two cents worth... I have the Galliera GM but in mono and I love it! I love anything with the plate. The Hamstead is also another beautiful bag. I have had no issues with the plate. It stays under my arm so never hits anything. FYI, I did ask LV that if my plate did get scratched up how much would it cost to replace. It's not more than $150! So that's not too bad if one was to abuse the bag! Yes, the GM is a big bag but the PM is not too bad. It does looks smaller once there are contents in it and it slouches. Also, I find bags with plates can be worn dressy and casual.

I'm not big on Speedy - too common!

And instead of the Neverful, I would go for the Totally. Little more dressy.

So if I haven't confused you more... Good luck!

So here's my two cents worth... I have the Galliera GM but in mono and I love it! I love anything with the plate. The Hamstead is also another beautiful bag. I have had no issues with the plate. It stays under my arm so never hits anything. FYI, I did ask LV that if my plate did get scratched up how much would it cost to replace. It's not more than $150! So that's not too bad if one was to abuse the bag! Yes, the GM is a big bag but the PM is not too bad. It does looks smaller once there are contents in it and it slouches. Also, I find bags with plates can be worn dressy and casual.

^ me too! I love the brass plates on my bags and have barely any scratches on mine either! I have the Galliera in mono and love it as well..very comfortable to wear...I have the Artsy too and I do not find the handle uncomfortable at all and I love the storage pockets.....I was not a huge fan of the NF but really like it now...I think a NF is a good choice since its not carried as much so you won't see as many being carried. I love my mono speedy but do wish at times I had a strap....
So, my recommendation is to get them all! Just kidding!
I would love for the Galliera , NF or Artsy BUT I have not seen the Soffi....

Hi tPF friends! I need some opinions. I'm hoping to get something in Azur to add to my collection. I really cannot decide between all of these beautiful bags. Damier Azur is soo beautiful, feminine, and fresh! I am a little leary of such a light bag, but I'm willing to give this a try! Unfortunately, I won't be able to purchase these bags before this darn, dreaded price increase. I will, of course, eventually make it to my boutique to check them out in person. But until then, I was hoping you all could give me your input on these Azur bags.

Artsy MM... so beautiful. However, I am unsure about the comfort of the strap. Some people say they love it, some don't!

Speedy 30... I don't own a Speedy. However, I am typically a shoulder bag girl. But perhaps I can learn to love using a handheld since it is, afterall, a Speedy!

New Speedy B 30... a shoulder strap is nice. However, I am unsure I really like the way this bag looks carried shoulder or crossbody.

NF MM... Big and spacious. However, I was not sure I really cared for the NF because of the uncomfortable straps, the possibility to get lost inside because it's literally never full (lol), and those cinching straps (some say they stay, some say they don't) NF was never really on my radar... but now I'm thinking :thinking:...

Galliera PM... this bag was definitely not on my radar. But it's gorgeous! And that large, flat strap looks really comfortable. However, the PM size seems quite large still. Although I like large bags, is it TOO large? And that plate... how to protect that large plate?

New Soffi... saw this and thought it was interesting. However, my husband thinks it's awful. I know his opinion ultimately shouldn't matter though. But it's hard to judge a bag no one has any pros or cons for!

Thank you my dear tPF'ers for your help! I keep reading and reading, but need some input! Oh, and mod pics are, of course, always welcome :biggrin:
Well you know me.... I have the Speedy 25 and Eva in Azur and I love them both! ;)
I know the Speedy is "common" but what's wrong w/ common? It just means millions of people have great taste. You're not gonna find an LV that only one person in the whole world has. I know you may not be a handheld girl and I thought I wasn't either but for my Speedy-- I love carrying it. It may not be too practical when you have baby w/ you, but maybe use it for evenings/date nights or when hubby is taking care of baby while you are out together? My hubby knows when I bring my Speedy that if we are together, he will do majority of the work running after my baby as the handheld doesn't give me too many options. :roflmfao:
If not the Speedy or Eva, I'd probably look into the Totally PM as I think it's gorgeous in that print. Good luck! You deserve it!

Well you know me.... I have the Speedy 25 and Eva in Azur and I love them both! ;)
I know the Speedy is "common" but what's wrong w/ common? It just means millions of people have great taste. You're not gonna find an LV that only one person in the whole world has. I know you may not be a handheld girl and I thought I wasn't either but for my Speedy-- I love carrying it. It may not be too practical when you have baby w/ you, but maybe use it for evenings/date nights or when hubby is taking care of baby while you are out together? My hubby knows when I bring my Speedy that if we are together, he will do majority of the work running after my baby as the handheld doesn't give me too many options. :roflmfao:
If not the Speedy or Eva, I'd probably look into the Totally PM as I think it's gorgeous in that print. Good luck! You deserve it!
Forgot to add! I'd get Galliera PM if you don't mind no zipper or else Totally PM if you want a zipper. :giggles:

axcarter said:

How did you train your DH so well!?!?!?

Oh no the Hampstead MM is something else I must look into (on to the clubhouse to look lol) The big plates are beautiful. I have the Favorite MM which has a small plate. And this lady brushed into me, and now it's scratched. It doesn't bother me enough to take it to see if they can replace it, but it's like UGH really?!

How did you train your DH so well!?!?!?
Lmao! Years and years! :P (half kidding!)
Idk he just knows how much I love my bags (just like he loves his car parts) and we try to be supportive of it. For example, he helps me tons with baby when I have my Speedy with me and in return he can work on his car for hours and hours without me and baby bothering him. We'll go on play dates or just be gone the whole day.
I think just as much as moms need "me" times, the men in our lives need "me" time as well. Not claiming to be an expert but that works out for both of us. ;)

^ me too! I love the brass plates on my bags and have barely any scratches on mine either! I have the Galliera in mono and love it as well..very comfortable to wear...I have the Artsy too and I do not find the handle uncomfortable at all and I love the storage pockets.....I was not a huge fan of the NF but really like it now...I think a NF is a good choice since its not carried as much so you won't see as many being carried. I love my mono speedy but do wish at times I had a strap....
So, my recommendation is to get them all! Just kidding!
I would love for the Galliera , NF or Artsy BUT I have not seen the Soffi....

LVlvoe_bug... if you could only keep one bag... your Galliera or your Artsy... which would you keep? Isn't that an awful thing to have to think about? lol!!! I was just wondering which one you tend to use more often. How old are both of your bags?

I like your suggestion of getting them all... however, I have a feeling DH will not like this idea ;):lol:

I hate how NF was never on my radar, AT ALL! I actually really disliked it. But now I'm thinking, wow I might actually like this bag.

Forgot to add! I'd get Galliera PM if you don't mind no zipper or else Totally PM if you want a zipper. :giggles:

Hmm... I definitely understand having to chase a little one. And my daughter is FAST and IN EVERYTHING! I really would like a Speedy eventually since it's a classic. I definitely still want Eva Azur (thanks to your pics!) but since I just got the pochette and the Favorite, I re-prioritized my wishlist. And I forgot about Totally! Oh I have soooo many I want lol.

LVlvoe_bug... if you could only keep one bag... your Galliera or your Artsy... which would you keep? Isn't that an awful thing to have to think about? lol!!! I was just wondering which one you tend to use more often. How old are both of your bags?

I like your suggestion of getting them all... however, I have a feeling DH will not like this idea ;):lol:

I hate how NF was never on my radar, AT ALL! I actually really disliked it. But now I'm thinking, wow I might actually like this bag.

Oh no, that's a tough one! And this is coming from someone who used not like open top bags! I actually like them both alot....the Artys had a lot of great storage inside but I love the structure of the Galliera and it , too, had great storage inside. Funny, I have used both once! Galliera I used for the first time Saturday (bought last fall) and Artsy got preloved last month. If I had to pick one I think it would be Galliera since it has a snap top and little more structured....I 100% agree with you about the NF, I disliked it too and was not on my radar but I am liking it alot now and of course want one!
(Don't tell you husband I said get them all):P

Neverfull MM. Im somewhat unsure about the new speedy b in azur bc I own a speedy 30 in azur and while i loveeee her to death, im starting to not like the patina after a year or so. The speedy b has even more patina so i would take that into consideration. I guess im just not a fan of patina against azur, but thats JMO. Good luck deciding :smile: