Does the Georgina feel too reminiscent of Chanel?

Hi,

So I recently bought the Georgina Gold Coast.. my first Kate Spade purchase and I love it!! I have heard that some folks feel that it is just a copy of Chanel.
Do you think that these bags have their own identity, or do you think that they are nothing more than a mere copy of a Chanel?

I don't care. Alot of the designers are copying one another. Plus I can't afford Chanel and these bags look beautiful!
Ha Ha! Well said! I totally agree! I am not typically the kind of girl that likes "knock offs" but when the leather is as thick and well made as KS, it is hard to care.. and its true..many designers are making similar styles...

Kate Spade's designs are fun and unique. I think some of the Chanel designs are boring looking. I have several Kate Spade bags and need to get some pictures posted. So, to answer your original question, KS definitely has her own identity. The bags are also great quality.

Pink Bon Bon said:
Kate Spade's designs are fun and unique. I think some of the Chanel designs are boring looking. I have several Kate Spade bags and need to get some pictures posted. So, to answer your original question, KS definitely has her own identity. The bags are also great quality.

Yeah I agree. Kate Spade puts a fun spin on classic styles.

I recently bought the Georgina and absolutely LOVE it! I like the similarity to Chanel: leather woven chain straps and quilted leather, but it's definitely Kate Spade's design in the shape/ styling of the bag and the gold polka dot lining

Beautiful!

I guess any quilted bag with a chain is going to equal Chanel. ;)

I think many of the designers have styles that reflect/overlaps/copy/whatever. Sometimes as I read a magazine and see a bag, I think, "Oh nice Kate Spade" and it is Marc Jacobs or something.

I think the Gold Coast line is inspired by Chanel. I have three Gold Coast Elizabeth in fuchsia, black and hydrangea (being shipped to me as we speak) and I get compliments when I wear them but no one has ever thought they were Chanels. It is true, I have seen the quilting on a bunch of other designers but think Kate Spade does it best.

Love the fuchsia by the way, i get a lot of compliments when I wear mine :smile:

I think the KS Georgina Gold Coast has its own character. A lot of designers have some sort of similarity in their handbag creations. To me, the KS Georgina has more of a fun twist to the quilted leather handbag look.

I agree that anything with quilted leather and clean lines is going to be reminiscent of Chanel, but seriously, who cares? Kate Spade is not taking away any revenue from Chanel, for sure. I think we're a totally different market.