The Difference Between Plum & Aubergine!

Irishgrrrl

Bag Lady
O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
I know this is something I had been wondering, so I thought I'd post some pics. The plum Lindsey is a FP delete that I got at our local outlet last weekend. (I just don't love how she looks on me, so she's going back.) The aubergine Abigail is what I got to replace the Lindsey. The Abigail just came today and I loooove her!!! :biggrin:

First is a shot of the two of them together.

image-1371138123.jpg

Next is a close-up showing the plum Lindsey on the left and the aubergine Abigail on the right, with flash.

image-3487029026.jpg

Finally, the same pic without flash.

image-2942457104.jpg

Hope this helps someone who was wondering like I was! :smile:

Shoebaglady said:
Hahaha! :roflmfao:

I love the shimmer in the aubergine. I wasn't particularly fond of patent leather or leather with shimmer but Coach has changed my mind. They do it so well. The patent doesn't look like plastic and the shimmer is so luxe!

I totally agree! I just love that shimmer! This is my first patent bag and my first Abigail, and I'm soooo happy with it! And she's very comfy on, which is awesome! :smile:

Thanks for those pics! I have a plum patent Lindsay but I have never seen the aubergine before so I wasn't sure how different they were. It's nice to see the difference! I'm glad you love your new Abigail!

mariak16 said:
Thanks for those pics! I have a plum patent Lindsay but I have never seen the aubergine before so I wasn't sure how different they were. It's nice to see the difference! I'm glad you love your new Abigail!

Thanks! The two colors are pretty similar IRL, but the aubergine is definitely darker and the plum doesn't have the shimmer. The plum is a more reddish/pinkish purple, and the aubergine is more of a bluish purple. I've seen a few plum bags on eBay that are incorrectly listed as aubergine, but I can see how that mistake would be easy to make! It's not easy to tell the difference unless you know what to look for or have one of each to compare.

I've always preferred the aubergine; I like that blue-purple better than the reddish. I also love it with brass hardware, it reminds me of my Vikings! :P

Can I ask where you found your Abigail? She's gorgeous!

mossgirl84 said:
I've always preferred the aubergine; I like that blue-purple better than the reddish. I also love it with brass hardware, it reminds me of my Vikings! :P

Can I ask where you found your Abigail? She's gorgeous!

Thanks, Mossgirl! I agree about the aubergine. I do like the plum too, but the aubergine just really grabs me and won't let go! LOL! And I agree about the brass hardware. I know some Coachies were disappointed that the hardware is brass on this bag instead of silver, but I think the brass looks SO rich with that deep purple! Yum!

And she was a very lucky eBay find. I missed out on this bag while it was available and I'd been kicking myself ever since! So I was thrilled when I found this one. She is very gently pre-loved (carried only twice because her previous owner didn't like the strap drop length) and she's in PERFECT condition! :smile:

I have the Lindsey (last year's Christmas gift) and would LOVE the aubergine Abigail! Thanks for the comparison pictures....it is hard to tell the difference from pictures on the web! Gorgeous purses!

Thanks for the comparative photos. I have seen both but never side by side. I have the plum patent Linsdey. Your pics justify me getting both.... :happydance::happydance:

grouprt.jpg

Aubergine tote on the right,
plum checkbook wallet,
orchid maggie

scootscoach said:
I have the Lindsey (last year's Christmas gift) and would LOVE the aubergine Abigail! Thanks for the comparison pictures....it is hard to tell the difference from pictures on the web! Gorgeous purses!

Thanks, Scoots! I wish the Lindsey had worked for me. She really is a beautiful bag! But the Abigail is so comfy and works better with my shortness. She's very easy to wear! I think you need one! ;)