Cartier Love Dilemma- Your Thoughts

What would you do?

• Buy a white gold Love

• Buy the Cuff

• Wait for the one you really want

• Other - please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 29, 2010
As many of you know, I am still on the hunt for my Love Bracelet. I have been looking for several months, and I still have no Love. I had several leads, but due to timing/ sold before I got there I missed out. (BTW- thank you to all of you for helping me up to this point.) So, as I recently read on TPF (you all are awesome at finding out when prices will increase), Cartier will have a price increase on February 1st. My backup plan was to buy the cuff if I still did not have the Love Bracelet in time for my Anniversary (in July). However, the price increase may have put a monkey wrench in my plans. What would you do? Buying the Love Bracelet from Cartier is not an option. I want the old system. My budget is up to $4500.

Options
1. Buy a white gold one- there are a ton on the internet (my heart was set on yellow or rose gold)

2. Give it 2 more weeks, and then order the cuff

3. Wait for the one you really want- the jewelry store that you shop at is going to a jewelry show early Fenruary where they often buy pieces

This will be one of the most expensive pieces I own, so I want to make the best decision possible.

By the way, I have been checking the following wesites daily:

1. Beladora
2. Betteridge
3. Yoogi's Closet
4. Ann's Fab Finds
5. Fashflair (only ebay buyer that looks 100% trustworthy that I know of (if you have another suggestion of an ebayer with a return policy- let me know))
6. Divorce Your Jewels (recently added to my list)
7. Luxury Exchange
8. Malleries
9. A Second Chance Resale Shop
10. Calling my local jeweler weekly

I'd wait for the one you really want - other wise you will always think this is great but I really really wanted ______

I agree with this... go for what you really want, don't settle for a cuff or wg or even anything other than size 17. One will eventually come along and you won't regret it when you are wearing it and not an 'almost' and then one comes along a week later, month later etc.

I've been thinking about you and wondering how your Love search was going. We'll be your cheerleaders so you don't lose your footing and go for anything less than what you really want. :hugs:

Don't make a decision under pressure, if you don't want the cuff then don't settle. I actually tried the white gold on when I went to cartier to exchange sizes of the YG I received for Xmas because they didn't have a YG in my size so she put the WG on for sizing purposes and I was shocked how much I liked it. I was never into the WG either but it's very nice and lux as well. But again, if it won't make you truly happy then wait for a yellow gold. Also, if 17 is the size you want then don't settle for a 16 or 18. My DH bought me an 18 and it slid down too far and was in the way too much for my lifestyle, that one centimeter up or down can really make a difference. Good luck and I hope you get it soon!

As many of you know, I am still on the hunt for my Love Bracelet. I have been looking for several months, and I still have no Love. I had several leads, but due to timing/ sold before I got there I missed out. (BTW- thank you to all of you for helping me up to this point.) So, as I recently read on TPF (you all are awesome at finding out when prices will increase), Cartier will have a price increase on February 1st. My backup plan was to buy the cuff if I still did not have the Love Bracelet in time for my Anniversary (in July). However, the price increase may have put a monkey wrench in my plans. What would you do? Buying the Love Bracelet from Cartier is not an option. I want the old system. My budget is up to $4500.

Options
1. Buy a white gold one- there are a ton on the internet (my heart was set on yellow or rose gold)

2. Give it 2 more weeks, and then order the cuff

3. Wait for the one you really want- the jewelry store that you shop at is going to a jewelry show early Fenruary where they often buy pieces

This will be one of the most expensive pieces I own, so I want to make the best decision possible.

is there a hurry? if not, definitely don't get the cuff, as you will end up wanting the bangle too. don't buy a white gold one either, it isn't what you want. so again, if there is no rush, go with option 3 and wait! these are not uncommon, a rose or yellow will definitely pop up. have you reached out to all those stores you mentioned to let them know what you are looking for? then they can call you first if they find one.

good luck! :heart:

You are spending big bucks, it has to be exactly what you want! Holdout for the right size and color. You don't want a really expensive mistake on your wrist.

As far as stores, have you looked into Oakgem? I've never purchased from them but I think they have a very good reputation.