Best way to clean nylon bags?

Jan 19, 2009
I have a large nylon pocket satchel in grey and I've noticed there is a stain/discolouration on the nylon closest to the zipper. Frankly, it looks like an ugly sweat stain. The picture does not show it as bad as it really is.

What's the best way to clean this off?

bag2_zps8de94a0d.jpg

I do love the bag. The interior is a colour I would never normally have chosen but I surprised myself with how much I like it. And it always gets a lot of compliments.

bag1_zps84916e34.jpg

Here are care instructions from the Dooney website. http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=41176

Personally, I would probably pull the lining wrong-side out and try using a damp cloth to blot the spot...maybe even a gentle soap. (I'd pull the lining out to prevent any color bleed if that got wet.) Note that I don't own any nylon bags, so I'm not sure whether this method is a good suggestion or not. :biggrin:

Here are care instructions from the Dooney website. http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=41176

Personally, I would probably pull the lining wrong-side out and try using a damp cloth to blot the spot...maybe even a gentle soap. (I'd pull the lining out to prevent any color bleed if that got wet.) Note that I don't own any nylon bags, so I'm not sure whether this method is a good suggestion or not. :biggrin:

This is a great suggestion, Sarah!

I do own several nylon bags and clean them with a tiny amount of Ivory Liquid and water. Then I blot them dry with white paper towels. Nothing has stayed on them so far! I also have had no problems with color bleeding at all.

Hope this works!

Sue

I have a large nylon pocket satchel in grey and I've noticed there is a stain/discolouration on the nylon closest to the zipper. Frankly, it looks like an ugly sweat stain. The picture does not show it as bad as it really is.

What's the best way to clean this off?

bag2_zps8de94a0d.jpg

I do love the bag. The interior is a colour I would never normally have chosen but I surprised myself with how much I like it. And it always gets a lot of compliments.

bag1_zps84916e34.jpg

It is a darling bag, I considered it, but would have way more than one stain on mine.