What do people do when the piping on their bags starts showing wear?

Yes. You can use craft paint. Most of us rehabbers just use leather conditioner unless the wear is really bad. We like Blackrock conditioner for disguising wear on the corners. You have to keep reapplying it every few weeks or so. You can also buy this Leather Refinish that some of the people in the rehab thread use but if it is just a little corner wear, craft paint usually works fine.

Yes. You can use craft paint. Most of us rehabbers just use leather conditioner unless the wear is really bad. We like Blackrock conditioner for disguising wear on the corners. You have to keep reapplying it every few weeks or so. You can also buy this Leather Refinish that some of the people in the rehab thread use but if it is just a little corner wear, craft paint usually works fine.

Whateve you have a been my life-saver many times! I only have conditioners from Coach and Cole Haan - will they work?

Is it possible to camouflage it with some kind of paint?

Yep, paint can do wonders. Try conditioners first though. Unfortunately the Coach moisturizer has silicone in it so a lot of us don't use it for the heavy rehab work we do because it builds up over time and that's not over all great for leather. Does the Cole Haan you mention have an ingredient list?

Yep, paint can do wonders. Try conditioners first though. Unfortunately the Coach moisturizer has silicone in it so a lot of us don't use it for the heavy rehab work we do because it builds up over time and that's not over all great for leather. Does the Cole Haan you mention have an ingredient list?

Unfortunately no - only this description: 'A rich leather conditioner that shines, cleans, and restores finished leathers, keeping them soft and pliable'.

Where do I buy Blackrock?

Unfortunately no - only this description: 'A rich leather conditioner that shines, cleans, and restores finished leathers, keeping them soft and pliable'.

Where do I buy Blackrock?

See the pic at the link below that ledobe posted. It shows how black rocks darkend the piping on her amethyst leather bridgit. But the leather will fade again when it dries out, as previously mentioned - so you will have to apply it periodically.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club-624452-371.html#post22705588

Jessi319. whateve, katev - you've all been wonderfully helpful, thanks very much!

With pleasure!

Just to let you know, black rocks has an odor, but it isn't bad and it fades fairly soon. I don't mind it.

If there is a local horseback riding (equestrian or tack) shop near you, they might carry it. That's where I often find it.

With pleasure!

Just to let you know, black rocks has an odor, but it isn't bad and it fades fairly soon. I don't mind it.

If there is a local horseback riding (equestrian or tack) shop near you, they might carry it. That's where I often find it.

Oh there is! Why didn't I think of that :shucks: I just ordered a tub off ebay. But thank you once again! :biggrin:

May I interrupt and ask a similar fix it question?

I have a five year old Zoe that the seal on the handles is starting to crack, but it's still minor. Is there something to help or correct that?

I have a five year old Zoe that the seal on the handles is starting to crack, but it's still minor. Is there something to help or correct that?

There is a product called edge kote that might work. I have never used it myself but others in the rehab club might be able to give you pointers.

fiebing's edge kote! It works wonders. I used this stuff (dark brown) to fix up the cracked sealant on my Legacy Leigh. It started looking awful (some of the sealant was actually flaking of off the edges of the leather lace that weaves through the chain strap), but it ended looking great. And it held over time. I think I applied it with a tiny sponge-end applicator, and in the very tiny, delicate areas, used the end of a paperclip (it never hurts to be innovative with what you've got).

Hope this helps! Fiebings comes in black, dark brown, and other colors. I think I bought mine on amazon or ebay or something.

fiebing's edge kote! It works wonders. I used this stuff (dark brown) to fix up the cracked sealant on my Legacy Leigh. It started looking awful (some of the sealant was actually flaking of off the edges of the leather lace that weaves through the chain strap), but it ended looking great. And it held over time. I think I applied it with a tiny sponge-end applicator, and in the very tiny, delicate areas, used the end of a paperclip (it never hurts to be innovative with what you've got).

Hope this helps! Fiebings comes in black, dark brown, and other colors. I think I bought mine on amazon or ebay or something.

Thank you so much, Cashmere and Whatev!! I will get some!