Help me decide on GST? :) Pleaaase?

Which one to choose? I'd really appreciate your help :)

• A) Black with SHW (at Chanel Boutique)

• B) Horrible cond. Navy Blue (try to get a deal, ebay)

• C) Brand new Navy, higher in price than retail (ebay)

• D) Brand new Navy from untrusted (by me) website deluxemall

• E) Light grey excellent cond. (Malleries)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flowerpetals

Jul 23, 2012
Hi everyone!!!

So I've been wanting a GST for FOREVER and my SO agreed to buy me one as a Valentine's day/Birthday/Christmas present/Graduation present and I am soooo happy sooo excited!!! :biggrin:

Now I already have a black with rose gold hardware Balenciaga bag and I kind of regretted not getting it in a colour because I love colour. But thats okay because everyone needs a black bag...

With the GST I really had my heart set on the navy blue from last year (I believe it's from last year.) I've called the Chanel store a billion times and finally a girl told me they wouldn't be having any new colours this first part of the new season (JAN) and they MIGHT have new colours in March. I am sure the price would have gone up by then and they might not even have a colour I want so I will not wait for March.

I've been looking on ebay and everywhere else for one in navy but they are all either A) In horrible condition (big stains at bottom of the bag and fading corners even though she claims she used it less than 10 times -_-) B) Higher price than retail or C) I don't trust the website.

There's also a light grey one I like very much (not as much as navy) but I'm worried about it getting dirty easily..Also, does anybody find that light grey is hard to match? It's kind of...chokey (if that makes any sense at all) too much white or something...too creamy.

Currently in stores around me they have Black with silver/gold hardware available. I'm okay with the black with silver hardware but I've already regretted buying black once...should I risk it again especially with Chanel. I am quite young...don't ask how old because I'll sound kind of spoiled (I'm only getting it now because I don't want to get it after the price increases $10,000), but since I am young should I go with colour? I don't know what to do!!!

Should I...
A) Buy it in store asap before price increase in black with shw

B) Buy the navy one in horrible condition on ebay and bargain with the girl who wants $2350 for the gross bag that needs serious professional cleaning

C) Buy the brand new navy one that is $300+ more than retail ($3300)

D) Buy a brand new navy one from a website I don't trust...deluxemall? Does anybody know it? I don't trust it...I forgot the price

E) Buy a light grey one on Malleries (lightly used) for ~$2500

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY AND TOO MANY OPTIONS :sad:
But thank you so much in advance for your help and I hope you do...

P.S. If anybody is willing to part with their Navy blue GST lemme know
or if you know somebody...or if you've seen a good one for sale online :roflmfao: Yea right, right?

Hi there I've voted for black at chanel boutique purely because its the only one that's from the boutique. I would try not to buy from online websites because I can't inspect the bag before I purchase. It's also not a small amount of $$.
Maybe you could put yourself on the waiting list for a colour other than navy?

Hi there I've voted for black at chanel boutique purely because its the only one that's from the boutique. I would try not to buy from online websites because I can't inspect the bag before I purchase. It's also not a small amount of $$.

This

Branda said:

Thank you so for replying! I agree I'd really like to make a purchase at a Chanel boutique I've never done it before and I'll feel so much more at ease! I am worried that if I wait for another colour the price will increase then I'd prefer not to buy it because it will be too expensive for me.
Do you think black will be good for me? I'd love your opinion on black Chanel's ;)

Ed.
Hi everyone!!!

With the GST I really had my heart set on the navy blue from last year (I believe it's from last year.) I've called the Chanel store a billion times and finally a girl told me they wouldn't be having any new colours this first part of the new season (JAN) and they MIGHT have new colours in March. I am sure the price would have gone up by then and they might not even have a colour I want so I will not wait for March.

I've been looking on ebay and everywhere else for one in navy but they are all either A) In horrible condition (big stains at bottom of the bag and fading corners even though she claims she used it less than 10 times -_-) B) Higher price than retail or C) I don't trust the website.

or if you know somebody...or if you've seen a good one for sale online :roflmfao: Yea right, right?

This past weekend there was a Navy GST in my local Chanel store; might still be there. PM me for details of store if you are interested in NEW Navy GST.

Flowerpetals said:
Hi everyone!!!

So I've been wanting a GST for FOREVER and my SO agreed to buy me one as a Valentine's day/Birthday/Christmas present/Graduation present and I am soooo happy sooo excited!!! :biggrin:

Now I already have a black with rose gold hardware Balenciaga bag and I kind of regretted not getting it in a colour because I love colour. But thats okay because everyone needs a black bag...

There's also a light grey one I like very much (not as much as navy) but I'm worried about it getting dirty easily..Also, does anybody find that light grey is hard to match? It's kind of...chokey (if that makes any sense at all) too much white or something...too creamy.

Currently in stores around me they have Black with silver/gold hardware available. I'm okay with the black with silver hardware but I've already regretted buying black once...should I risk it again especially with Chanel. I am quite young...don't ask how old because I'll sound kind of spoiled (I'm only getting it now because I don't want to get it after the price increases $10,000), but since I am young should I go with colour? I don't know what to do!!!

Should I...
A) Buy it in store asap before price increase in black with shw

B) Buy the navy one in horrible condition on ebay and bargain with the girl who wants $2350 for the gross bag that needs serious professional cleaning

C) Buy the brand new navy one that is $300+ more than retail ($3300)

D) Buy a brand new navy one from a website I don't trust...deluxemall? Does anybody know it? I don't trust it...I forgot the price

E) Buy a light grey one on Malleries (lightly used) for ~$2500

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY AND TOO MANY OPTIONS :sad:
But thank you so much in advance for your help and I hope you do...

There is no reason to pay for over retail or get a used bag. You can order one from other stores. Just call around and check. I still see the navy around. Check the department stores also. You can try to post in the " help me find" thread and if somebody spots it they will let you know.

hi there i've voted for black at chanel boutique purely because its the only one that's from the boutique. I would try not to buy from online websites because i can't inspect the bag before i purchase. It's also not a small amount of $$.

+ 1

bagchic1 said:
There is no reason to pay for over retail or get a used bag. You can order one from other stores. Just call around and check. I still see the navy around. Check the department stores also. You can try to post in the " help me find" thread and if somebody spots it they will let you know.

That's so true...I'm going to spend my weekend doing that :biggrin: thank you so much!!!!!!

I didn't vote, because I'm hoping you get that Navy that I saw :smile:. If they are out, have them call around to find it for you; it's really pretty.

Oh yeah, enabling is fun :smile:. She found her Navy :smile: yay!

Last edited:
Hi... I voted black among your choices. But... some others thoughts...

If you really do not want another black, don't get navy. Navy is the same as black in my mind, and whatever you can do with your navy bag, you can use your black bag. But... the opposite is not true. You can't use your navy bag for everything.

If you don't want black because you think it is boring and old, get a beige or ivory. Those colors are very pretty and they are still neutral. If you want color, get the red.

I would definitely not get a navy though. To me, that color is neither here nor there. It doesn't pop like a true color bag would (e.g. ivory, beige, red), and it's not classy like the black. Black is a classic and very classy... of all your choices for sure I'd get the black. I do understand your point about wanting a color bag. And.. if you want a color bag, navy is not a color... it just fades in the background to me. I'd suggest getting a real color.

My two cents. Good luck on your decision and please post what your purchase!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYBODY'S INPUT!!!!
I called a bunch of different stores and finally, found it at Nordstrom!
I contacted Peggy Urban from the one in Seattle (she's recommended by a lot of people) 206 628 1253 referred by Tracy is you're interested :smile: She's so nice! The best SA ever.

I'm getting the Blue with silver hardware in the mail :biggrin: SO EXCITED

Chanel wouldnt mail because I'm a new customer, the closest store was 4 hours away so I am very happy

Once again thank you for your help!!! Im so excited!!!

If you really do not want another black, don't get navy. Navy is the same as black in my mind, and whatever you can do with your navy bag, you can use your black bag. But... the opposite is not true. You can't use your navy bag for everything.

If you don't want black because you think it is boring and old, get a beige or ivory. Those colors are very pretty and they are still neutral. If you want color, get the red.

I would definitely not get a navy though. To me, that color is neither here nor there. It doesn't pop like a true color bag would (e.g. ivory, beige, red), and it's not classy like the black. Black is a classic and very classy... of all your choices for sure I'd get the black. I do understand your point about wanting a color bag. And.. if you want a color bag, navy is not a color... it just fades in the background to me. I'd suggest getting a real color.

I already bought it by the time I saw your reply...
Oh well...I'm sure I'll love it anyway :biggrin:

But thanks for letting me know!