YSL red - help me decide :)

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I want to get the old style mini cabas, just not sure which color. Was thinking about classic black, but red catches my eye too. Has anyone seen this red irl? Just wondering if it is a bright red, orange or pinky red, etc.

Also trying to decide if I should get the mini or medium? I really want a strap, but not sure if the mini would be too small.
I'm 5'7.

Thanks!

Also, how soft/durable is the leather on these? I have to order online.
Hello! I have the first design large Cabas Chyc in fondant and a medium Cabas Chyc in dove beige. And the second design mini Cabas Chyc. All three are mouton=sheep leather.
And the leather quality is totally depends on each bag.

First of all, I bought 2 large CC bags from Saks.com. Fondant is super yummy soft and thick leather + thick (bold?) handles, while black is dry-up(not soft) and thin cheep looking leather + thin handles which can't carry heavy stuffs. So I keep the fondant and returned the black.

Second, I bought medium CC in dove beige from Saks.com. This leather is also dry-up(not soft), but NOT thin leather. But handles are kind of thin. Since the color matches my all wardrobes, I decided to keep it.

Last, I just received mini CC in black yesterday from Neiman Marcus.com. It has a defect, so I have to return it. The leather is the most dry-up one which is thinner than my medium CC. Handles are a little bit thic(bold?). Shoulder strap is really cheep quality which I most dislike part.

I'm 5'5, and 103lb. Mini is really tiny, and medium is the best size for me. Even though large has the best quality of the leather, I love medium one, because the bag size makes me be good looking ;)

You really need to try all three, and it's better to buy at shop, not online. Because you maybe receive bad quality leather CC!!

PS. Mini is 960g=2.1lb weight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 256
Hello! I have the first design large Cabas Chyc in fondant and a medium Cabas Chyc in dove beige. And the second design mini Cabas Chyc. All three are mouton=sheep leather.
And the leather quality is totally depends on each bag.

First of all, I bought 2 large CC bags from Saks.com. Fondant is super yummy soft and thick leather + thick (bold?) handles, while black is dry-up(not soft) and thin cheep looking leather + thin handles which can't carry heavy stuffs. So I keep the fondant and returned the black.

Second, I bought medium CC in dove beige from Saks.com. This leather is also dry-up(not soft), but NOT thin leather. But handles are kind of thin. Since the color matches my all wardrobes, I decided to keep it.

Last, I just received mini CC in black yesterday from Neiman Marcus.com. It has a defect, so I have to return it. The leather is the most dry-up one which is thinner than my medium CC. Handles are a little bit thic(bold?). Shoulder strap is really cheep quality which I most dislike part.

I'm 5'5, and 103lb. Mini is really tiny, and medium is the best size for me. Even though large has the best quality of the leather, I love medium one, because the bag size makes me be good looking ;)

You really need to try all three, and it's better to buy at shop, not online. Because you maybe receive bad quality leather CC!!

PS. Mini is 960g=2.1lb weight.

Thank you for the info! Sadly, I cannot shop in person because there are no stores near me that carry these. I'm concerned about leather quality. For the price, I want it to be really nice.

Thank you for the info! Sadly, I cannot shop in person because there are no stores near me that carry these. I'm concerned about leather quality. For the price, I want it to be really nice.
And then, it's better to buy a bag from a store which accepts to return. Really nice CC leather is thick! And handles are also thick! And very smooth touch and soooo soft!
I hope you can get a very soft and thick leather CC bag ;)

I want to get the old style mini cabas, just not sure which color. Was thinking about classic black, but red catches my eye too. Has anyone seen this red irl? Just wondering if it is a bright red, orange or pinky red, etc.

Also trying to decide if I should get the mini or medium? I really want a strap, but not sure if the mini would be too small.
I'm 5'7.

Thanks!

I vote for Red in medium or large
Check this threads, might be of help to you:smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/red-cabas-chyc-medium-784988.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/pls-help-mini-chyc-green-vs-bordeaux-781528.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/hot-reveal-and-my-first-ysl-782859.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/pls-help-me-ysl-cabas-chyc-burgundy-bright-779150.html