ebay return question for you all

Ladybugkc

O.G.
Oct 1, 2012
I bought a "rare" blue Bette from ebay. When I got it yesterday the front pocket on the front has some light scratches on it and some light white dots. It did not mention those in the very short listing. Is that not as described? You're not supposed to use moisturizer on this bag so I'm afraid I won't be able to get the scratches out.

I bought a "rare" blue Bette from ebay. When I got it yesterday the front pocket on the front has some light scratches on it and some light white dots. It did not mention those in the very short listing. Is that not as described? You're not supposed to use moisturizer on this bag so I'm afraid I won't be able to get the scratches out.

If there's any sort of damage that was not mentioned, it's not as described. If you can live with it, ask the seller for a partial refund to avoid an eBay hassle... or if you can't stand it, open a SNAD and send it right back!

Sometimes, it's the nature of the type of leather to scratch.

Is this the listing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-L...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Based on the placement of the tag, it appears to have been a floor model, subject to handling by customers. But again, it's also a type of leather where minor scratches will show and even if you received it directly from the factory, it could come like that just because of the type of leather it is.

If that's the listing and if I were the seller, there's no way I'd agree to a partial. The bag is absolutely NWT, as described and rare and I'd rather take the bag back and issue a refund.

She'll be able to resell it, perhaps for more money because it's so hard to find the color.

I'm not saying you're doing this, but many sellers are averse to giving partials because it's become a common tactic for buyers to find "flaws" and request partial refunds as a way to get items cheaper.

The dots and scratches on the pocket is shown in picture 5 of the listing. There might be leather products that are safe to use on this bag. There might be someone on the Coach forum that has this bag that can tell you what they used.

Sometimes, it's the nature of the type of leather to scratch.

Is this the listing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-LIMITED-EDITION-PINNACLE-LEATHER-BETTE-/321047615253?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item4abfedd715&nma=true&si=2w78y9UA9wct5EEUywntC9yktT4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Based on the placement of the tag, it appears to have been a floor model, subject to handling by customers. But again, it's also a type of leather where minor scratches will show and even if you received it directly from the factory, it could come like that just because of the type of leather it is.

If that's the listing and if I were the seller, there's no way I'd agree to a partial. The bag is absolutely NWT, as described and rare and I'd rather take the bag back and issue a refund.

She'll be able to resell it, perhaps for more money because it's so hard to find the color.

I'm not saying you're doing this, but many sellers are averse to giving partials because it's become a common tactic for buyers to find "flaws" and request partial refunds as a way to get items cheaper.

Yes, this is the listing. I just think that it should have been mentioned with a picture of it. I'm sure it would rub in with moisturizer but that can't be used on this bag. I don't want a partial refund.

The dots and scratches on the pocket is shown in picture 5 of the listing. There might be leather products that are safe to use on this bag. There might be someone on the Coach forum that has this bag that can tell you what they used.

Pic 5 doesn't show them. Thats not where they are on the pocket. They are out around the sides of the pocket.

Yes, this is the listing. I just think that it should have been mentioned with a picture of it. I'm sure it would rub in with moisturizer but that can't be used on this bag. I don't want a partial refund.

So you want to return it? Tell the seller and see what she says.

I would just let the seller know you are not happy & would like to return the bag.

And since the spots have not been shown in a picture or described
in the listing, you seem to have a point.

And I certainly would not try to use moisturizer to get them out
as if they don't come out for some reason, you will not be able
to return the bag as it is not in the same condition as sold to you..

If she is non-responsive, than you should open a SNAD..

Definitely check with the ladies in the Coach forum - there's an entire thread for rehabbing with some incredible women who will be happy to help you & let you know what (if anything) you can do, if you want to keep the bag.

Can you post pictures of the area in question?

With dark photos like this, marks or wear often do not show up. I'm not saying the seller intentionally tried to camouflage but clearer photos might have shown them. They also should have been mentioned in the description. I think you have a case for a return.

It is up to you to decide which way you want to go. As others have mentioned if you do condition the bag you have altered it and you won't be able to return.