2010 Militaire or 2010 Cyclade

BagLover79

O.G.
Oct 31, 2007
Hello All!

I am very new to B bags and have the opportunity to purchase a GSH 2010 militaire and cyclade work bag. I'm torn between the colors because both are fab and I can wear them with a lot of different things. I currently have a metallic pewter colored day bag that could probably be worn with a lot of neutrals but just wanted to get your opinions.

Also, what is your opinion of the 2010 leather?
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• DSCN4282[1].JPG
    DSCN4282[1].JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN4293.JPG
    DSCN4293.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 378
Both are gorgeous! I have a 2010 canard city and my leather is great. I'm really intrigued with militaire, I think it's so pretty in photos. Cyclade is stunning. I think either one is an excellent choice. Maybe Cyclade because you already have a fairly neutral bal? Sorry I'm not much help!

From my experience, 2010 leather has been some of the best agneau from Bal. I LOVE 2010!!! My softest bag was a 2010 City.

Since you have a neutral, perhaps a fun pop color would do you better. The cyclade is so much fun and can really be worn year round.

Both are gorgeous! I have a 2010 canard city and my leather is great. I'm really intrigued with militaire, I think it's so pretty in photos. Cyclade is stunning. I think either one is an excellent choice. Maybe Cyclade because you already have a fairly neutral bal? Sorry I'm not much help!

Thanks so much for your advice. I do like Militaire but I think a pop of color in my bag collection would be nice. I've been reading through the threads and a lot of TPFs have said that the militaire color is a bit drab in real life.

From my experience, 2010 leather has been some of the best agneau from Bal. I LOVE 2010!!! My softest bag was a 2010 City.

Since you have a neutral, perhaps a fun pop color would do you better. The cyclade is so much fun and can really be worn year round.

Yes, I do agree. Im surprised you would say you could wear it all year round but I guess it would like nice with black in the winter. I was thinking of it as a summer color as I've never seen the color in real life and it looks somewhat bright.

Yes, I do agree. Im surprised you would say you could wear it all year round but I guess it would like nice with black in the winter. I was thinking of it as a summer color as I've never seen the color in real life and it looks somewhat bright.

Girl, winter is so dismal sometimes...you gotta brighten it up :smile:

Most definitely a summer / spring color but against black, which most of us wear during the winter...what a bright cheerful burst of color!

During the winter I wear my RED prada. When I had my 08 Ruby City, it was for the winter. POP!

Hi!

Militaire is from 2011 S/S not 2010 so the leather is different from the Cyclade. (Light Olive is from 2010).

It has been my experience with the 2010 leathers that they tend to splotch and fade in places (especially cyclade & Sorbet). I am on my 5th Cyclade bag (love the color!) and each one I had did have issues with fading. I have not seen issues with the 2011 leather (Militaire).

Hi!

Militaire is from 2011 S/S not 2010 so the leather is different from the Cyclade. (Light Olive is from 2010).

It has been my experience with the 2010 leathers that they tend to splotch and fade in places (especially cyclade & Sorbet). I am on my 5th Cyclade bag (love the color!) and each one I had did have issues with fading. I have not seen issues with the 2011 leather (Militaire).

This is great information. Thank you. Is the 2011 leather just as soft?

This is great information. Thank you. Is the 2011 leather just as soft?

IMO 2011 is great and much better than 2010! I have a 2011 Militaire RH Work, 2011 Papyrus RH Work, 2011 Atlantique RGGH Work, 2011 Coquelicot Velo, 2011 Dark Knight RGGH Velo, Cyclamen RGGH City, and a Bleu Lavender RGGH City - all with excellent leather. I would pick 2011 over 2010.

.....just thought of 2 more 2010 leathers with blotchy/fading issues - 2010 Papeete, 2010 Moutarde and 2010 Outremer. (Not everyone's just ones that I've had or seen)

The only 2010 leathers I have that do not have fading issues is Light Olive (my absolute favorite Bal color), F/W Anthracite, Black and Seigle

IMO 2011 is great and much better than 2010! I have a 2011 Militaire RH Work, 2011 Papyrus RH Work, 2011 Atlantique RGGH Work, 2011 Coquelicot Velo, 2011 Dark Knight RGGH Velo, Cyclamen RGGH City, and a Bleu Lavender RGGH City - all with excellent leather. I would pick 2011 over 2010.

.....just thought of 2 more 2010 leathers with blotchy/fading issues - 2010 Papeete, 2010 Moutarde and 2010 Outremer. (Not everyone's just ones that I've had or seen)

The only 2010 leathers I have that do not have fading issues is Light Olive (my absolute favorite Bal color), F/W Anthracite, Black and Seigle

Wow. You have quite the collection. Well thanks so much for responding to me. This definitly has me leaning more towards the militaire although I love the color of cyclade. Although I dont carry my purses that often, I dont want to have fading issues in the future and from the sound of it, it sounds certain colors fade regardless of how much wear it gets.

MAGJES said:

I will add to this. First of all MAGJES, I'm drooling over your 2011 collection! Amazing combos!

My canard I purchased pre-loved. The leather is beautiful, soft and very evenly distressed. I ended up doing a coat of leather honey, as I do on most of my Bals because I like the effect. After doing the LH coat the color had deepened and the handles (which I never apply LH to) appeared very faded to the bags body. However, I could have not applied the LH and the bag would have still been wonderful.

I have a 2011 papyrus rh velo and in comparison to some of my other Bals the leather is thin and very dry, but it's still one of my my favs!

I think unless you see the bag in person it's so hard to judge! I'm learning this now, as I only buy pre-loved lately as a SAHM.

Oh gosh! I'm so confused now. Ok, I think I'm going to go with the Militaire color. I would rather deal with the dryness because you can get moisturize to cure that problem over fading issues. Thanks so much ladies for your help. I really hope the color combo of the green and silver is nice, as I've seen a lot of TPF's have the militaire in the green and RH color. I will post pics when I recieve the bag.

BagLover79 said:
Oh gosh! I'm so confused now. Ok, I think I'm going to go with the Militaire color. I would rather deal with the dryness because you can get moisturize to cure that problem over fading issues. Thanks so much ladies for your help. I really hope the color combo of the green and silver is nice, as I've seen a lot of TPF's have the militaire in the green and RH color. I will post pics when I recieve the bag.

Yes please do! I can't wait to see it! :smile: