Mulberry bags that you hate and why?

J.A.N.

Designer Crazy
O.G.
Nov 6, 2010
Id like to hear which Mulberry bags you hate or dislike and would never buy
and why?

Heres one the Dorset Dreaded tote i really do detest this.
Why; Because its poor quality thin leather the straps looks like they are going to break as soon as u pick it up and its just a poor excuse for a tote imo :tdown:

Sorry to the Maisie lovers but I can't stand it. It's even worse that it is priced at the same price as a normal Mulberry bag but is only an imprint of one!

You know strangely enough I quite like Maisie now!
Anyways it would have to be Dorset as they could have made the bag better by using better leather.
I didnt get on with pink effie either as the shoulder strap was too short, my DH had commented it looked like plastic. However I like the black and oak versions and the updated one.
I love bayswaters and darias although can see that people could find the bays big and heavy and the plaque on the daria blingy!
It is interesting to see all our different tastes ;)

Ooh, this could be an interesting thread! I'm racking my brains (addled as they are after first school morning frenzy) and still racking and still racking ... I agree with Steph about the imprinted Maisie, but the reveal on here looked really lovely - and rather drew me to the black sheepskin version. My reservation is its depth - it really does look very wide across the bottom, which is a problem I have with a lot of shoulder bags. :graucho:

I have the Maisie shoulder bag and I love it. The size is perfect, not too big and you can fit all your essentials. Everytime I wear it I get loads of comments on how much they love it. I think you have to see this bag in IRL to love it. The pictures doesn't do it justice. I agree if you are looking for an investment piece this is not it then you should go for Bayswater or Del Rey... I like the Maisie, it's different and not everyone has it.
On the subject of bags we hate I have to say Dorset and new updated Effie, both bags looks so cheap. The small tree on the Effie just made it soooo boring and mumsy.

I have the Maisie shoulder bag and I love it. The size is perfect, not too big and you can fit all your essentials. Everytime I wear it I get loads of comments on how much they love it. I think you have to see this bag in IRL to love it. The pictures doesn't do it justice. I agree if you are looking for an investment piece this is not it then you should go for Bayswater or Del Rey... I like the Maisie, it's different and not everyone has it.
On the subject of bags we hate I have to say Dorset and new updated Effie, both bags looks so cheap. The small tree on the Effie just made it soooo boring and mumsy.

Have you posted any reveals or mod pics of your Maisie? It would be fab to see her irl! :smile: M.com rarely does any bag justice, imho!

Interesting thread!

I can't just fall in love with the Daria... I just think the plaque is a little too 'blingy' for my tastes.

Another bag I'm not too keen on is the SBS... learnt this the hard way as love her look, but her usability for me as a cross-body bag wasn't the greatest... I didn't like the way her handles stuck up and the bag itself stuck out at an odd angle when using cross-body.

As for the Maisie - I wasn't keen at the start, but she's growing on me now! :smile:

I have never liked Mitzie..........think it looks like an old sack!!!!

Also dont like Antony's, The "Bus Conductor" I owned one briefly but sold it very quickly. I prefer bags to be a more feminine :girlsigh:

This could be a long list!

Most of the current range apart from the classics like Bays, Daria, SBS, Lily

Anything with tassels, glitter or metallic/shiny/hairy finishes, studs

Specific bags that I hate that I can think of are the Dorset (like the shape but poor quality leather) and the Maisie. I have also never liked the Antony although I think it can look good on some people. The shape looks funny on me (very bus conductor!) and I dislike the combination of the canvas strap and the leather bag. I also don't like the Bella messenger as I don't think the shape works, although I love the hobo.

It's a funny thing, but when bags are released new to the website I pretty much love everything...but then when it comes to handing over my hard earned cash my own opinions change and I tend to become very, very selective with my choices and kind of fall out of love with some.

I'm not keen on anything with lots of very shiny metal attached or with a big logo, and weight is an issue with some of them. For example, I loved the black medium Lily with the nickel hardware, but I tried it last week and found the chain to be quite chunky and therefore the bag too heavy to carry...I was really disappointed because I totally love the look of it, but I'm a comfort girl and couldn't have it digging into my shoulder.

I love the classic look and love the fact the Alexa looks like an old doctors bag, as does the Del Ray, plus I love the simplicity of the Del Ray and the Bayswater...

Everybody just suits different styles, and it would be boring if we didn't!! :biggrin:

Not going to make me popular (sorry J.A.N.!) but not a fan of the Daria, just don't like the way it looks - wouldn't have an Anthony (or any of the similar styles) if someone gave one to me, again just don't like the look - think the regular Del Rey is a "nothing" bag (great colours but the bag's so ordinary) BUT I do like the satchel version ??, finally, Bryn is leaving me cold too, don't hate it, just nothing about it shouts "buy me" ...
(having said all that, the Hayden Messenger is one of my fav's & I know that's not popular with a lot of folks, so ... !!) xx

Hmmm, I don't like the Maisies, and never liked Daria with that disc, it makes imvho the bag look like a fake. I am note really a fan of the spongey leather, as it looks cheap.
I am not a fan of Bryn, Hettie and Anthony either.
Bays and Lexie are my favourites, and have high hopes for medium lily, I do like the Cecily too.