Leather Spa NYC

Hi Ladies has anybody had their Hermes Birkin treated (cleaning,repair,restoration) to Leather Spa NYC? Heard lot of good reviews on them....any thoughts? :smile:

I do a lot of business with Leather Spa but with the Madison Avenue boutique just up the street, why would you bring your bag there? Once it's serviced elsewhere, an Hermes boutique will never touch it again.

I do a lot of business with Leather Spa but with the Madison Avenue boutique just up the street, why would you bring your bag there? Once it's serviced elsewhere, an Hermes boutique will never touch it again.

Thanks for reply...they said will take 4-6 weeks in Hermes...im about to travel in a few days...do they do a good job on birkins? I just want to have it cleaned no dying on it....

I use Leather Spa frequently but not for Hermes items. Like audreylita said, you won't be able to send items to the Hermes spa anymore if you use Leather spa for them. Also, I rarely get anything back from Leather Spa in only a few days. They do a lot of work for the high-end design houses so it's usually 2 weeks.

If you still think you want to go ahead, I have sent bags from Prada and Ferragamo to them and they came back in like-new condition. Nothing complicated, just cleaning and buffing light scratches out.

I use Leather Spa frequently but not for Hermes items. Like audreylita said, you won't be able to send items to the Hermes spa anymore if you use Leather spa for them. Also, I rarely get anything back from Leather Spa in only a few days. They do a lot of work for the high-end design houses so it's usually 2 weeks.

If you still think you want to go ahead, I have sent bags from Prada and Ferragamo to them and they came back in like-new condition. Nothing complicated, just cleaning and buffing light scratches out.

Yes..actually 1-2 weeks I was quoted...its just simple cleaning take out the dirt and ballpen marks away...I heard Chanel used them as third party to clean out their bags also...

Thanks for reply...they said will take 4-6 weeks in Hermes...im about to travel in a few days...do they do a good job on birkins? I just want to have it cleaned no dying on it....

I personally would never give a $10,000 handbag to Leather Spa. They are not perfect and I've seen people send shoes back to be re-done that were not right. I believe work like this is sent out to their workshop in Queens (or somewhere out in that area). In the end, they are shoemakers and it is a factory type environment. The Manolo Blahnik boutique sends all their shoes there to be worked on and they've had some issues lately with them as well.

There are a few people in the U.S. who do work on Hermes bags and if I were in your situation of deciding not to use Hermes spa, I would send my bag to them. But then also, an Hermes spa will never touch your bag again. And that does de-value your bag if you ever want to resell it.

Yes..actually 1-2 weeks I was quoted...its just simple cleaning take out the dirt and ballpen marks away...I heard Chanel used them as third party to clean out their bags also...

If anyone tries to take out ballpoint pen marks, the color of the bag will also come off. Hermes can take pen marks out but only if you get it to them within 24 hours of doing it. Otherwise they won't touch it. They will not compromise taking color out of a bag.

If anyone tries to take out ballpoint pen marks, the color of the bag will also come off. Hermes can take pen marks out but only if you get it to them within 24 hours of doing it. Otherwise they won't touch it. They will not compromise taking color out of a bag.

TY Audreylita for sharing all your H knowledge!! I have learned a lot in 3 posts!

How would Hermes know if the bag was professionally cleaned or if you did the work yourself? Surely Hermes wouldn't refuse to work on a bag if you maintained it yourself-- basic cleaning, applying leather conditioner, etc. Where do they draw the line?

Regardless, I would take the bag to Hermes for anything I didn't feel comfortable doing on my own. I would be too nervous to entrust a bag of that value to anyone else.

How would Hermes know if the bag was professionally cleaned or if you did the work yourself? Surely Hermes wouldn't refuse to work on a bag if you maintained it yourself-- basic cleaning, applying leather conditioner, etc. Where do they draw the line?

Regardless, I would take the bag to Hermes for anything I didn't feel comfortable doing on my own. I would be too nervous to entrust a bag of that value to anyone else.

You're talking very serious craftsmen (and women) who are specifically trained in their craft. They can tell if a product has been used on a purse that they do not use in Hermes spa. You have to decide if it's worth the risk of doing it yourself and having your bag devalued in the general market.

You're talking very serious craftsmen (and women) who are specifically trained in their craft. They can tell if a product has been used on a purse that they do not use in Hermes spa. You have to decide if it's worth the risk of doing it yourself and having your bag devalued in the general market.

Are you saying you shouldn't even apply leather conditioner on your own??? This is news to me-- a SA actually told me to apply a light leather conditioner every now & then when I asked what is the best way to care for my bags!

Ah! This is such an interesting thread! I've been researching myself - I need some YSL bags helped out. haha. I heard that Artbag is also good - any comments on that?

I love *audreylita*'s post - we're all here for each other! :hugs: :tup:

Ah! This is such an interesting thread! I've been researching myself - I need some YSL bags helped out. haha. I heard that Artbag is also good - any comments on that?

I love *audreylita*'s post - we're all here for each other! :hugs: :tup:

Artbag is wonderful-- but again, I wouldn't entrust them with Hermes (besides, I think their prices are actually higher than H spa!). But for other designer bags & vintage bags, they are the best IMHO.

Are you saying you shouldn't even apply leather conditioner on your own??? This is news to me-- a SA actually told me to apply a light leather conditioner every now & then when I asked what is the best way to care for my bags!

Every SA seems to tell their clients something different (and not just about this topic). Mine have never told me to do anything at all on my own. Many people here on the forum treat their own bags. I guess it's just whatever your threshold of comfort is. I personally would never do it myself. If Claude saw anything on a bag that he didn't do, then he would reject it for service.

Artbag is wonderful-- but again, I wouldn't entrust them with Hermes (besides, I think their prices are actually higher than H spa!). But for other designer bags & vintage bags, they are the best IMHO.

Yes, Leather Spa is excellent and I only bring my shoes there for servicing. Their quality has definitely slipped lately but there's still no where else I would bring my shoes and boots. Other bags such as Chanel go back to those boutiques for servicing. At least if something goes wrong then they are responsible for the outcome, not you.

:cool: