Costco has new sunglasses

mayski

Jan 19, 2012
Hello! Went to my parents house tonight and their local Costco had a bunch of new sunglasses. My parents had to go in and pick up vitamins (don't ask, they stock up on them like crack when they have a coupon lol) so I was loitering around the optometrist area and saw Prada, Valentino, Hugo Boss, and I forgot the last brand name for $79-89.

Now my question is, are they real?! :biggrin:

Hello! Went to my parents house tonight and their local Costco had a bunch of new sunglasses. My parents had to go in and pick up vitamins (don't ask, they stock up on them like crack when they have a coupon lol) so I was loitering around the optometrist area and saw Prada, Valentino, Hugo Boss, and I forgot the last brand name for $79-89.

Now my question is, are they real?! :biggrin:

I've been a Costco member for over 10 years. They wouldn't risk hurting their reputation by carrying fakes. They currently sell some Ferragamo bags for 30% off at my local store. They have Chanel J12 and plenty of other designer watches.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the optical dept (inside Costco, not the Optometry store next door) and just bought a Gucci frame for $149.99, retails for $185. There was only one of that particular style at my store. I googled the one I bought is a discontinued model. Perhaps that's how Costco got a good deal. The young lady in the optical dept told me that Costco's regular eyeglass stock (mid-range designers displayed on the wall) are bought in bulk. Therefore a customer can order same style in another color, for example. For designer pairs, they are displayed in glass counters. Those designer glasses, Costco purchase them in smaller quantity like 200 of a particular style, so each store gets one or two frame. As a result, they cannot be re-ordered once the display is sold. They currently have Cole Haan for $89.99, Prada, Armani from $109.99 to $149.99, and Burberry.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the optical dept (inside Costco, not the Optometry store next door) and just bought a Gucci frame for $149.99, retails for $185.

Oops, I meant the $185 price is at a discounted site. I checked and most Gucci frames are in the $280 to $300+ range. I went to an optical store at lunch and a very similar frame to my Costco frame costs $334.