Marcie IRL

Dy@n@

O.G.
Mar 9, 2012
Hi everybody.I bought my first small Marcie in the Selfridges department store in London. It's my most comfortable bag. Yesterday I wanted to buy a Marcie medium satchel in Nut. I went to the Bijenkorf (Amsterdam) and was searching for the Chloeshop. There was a beautiful Louis Vuittonshop, Gucci en Ferragamo. And then I turned around and on a table there were some Chloebags lying like they were cheap bags. I was so disappointed. For me the whole process of buying a new bag is important. The SA was very friendly and luckily they had the bag in the dustbag in the storeroom. Am I the only one who is dreaming and lusting about a bag weeks before puchasing and enjoying the whole package of buying one? Is the Bijenkorf the only store who as no separate corner or shop for Chloe?

that is just wrong! all the stores near me that sell chloe always have them displayed nicely, never thrown about carelessly on a table. they are stuffed & shelved & displayed beautifully. i would be upset if they were sloppily lying about.

Hi everybody.I bought my first small Marcie in the Selfridges department store in London. It's my most comfortable bag. Yesterday I wanted to buy a Marcie medium satchel in Nut. I went to the Bijenkorf (Amsterdam) and was searching for the Chloeshop. There was a beautiful Louis Vuittonshop, Gucci en Ferragamo. And then I turned around and on a table there were some Chloebags lying like they were cheap bags. I was so disappointed. For me the whole process of buying a new bag is important. The SA was very friendly and luckily they had the bag in the dustbag in the storeroom. Am I the only one who is dreaming and lusting about a bag weeks before puchasing and enjoying the whole package of buying one? Is the Bijenkorf the only store who as no separate corner or shop for Chloe?
Thank you for your reaction. Chloe is such a beautiful brand and that's why I was surprised. And if I compare my purchase with buying something in a Vuittonstore, it's a big difference. But I'm very happy with my Chloebag.

I can relate to your feelings, Dy@n@. Last week I was at Harrods and they had a pile of three large Dove Marcie's - without stuffing - lying on the sale table! Not attractive at all....

I hear your disappointment, Chloe bags shouldn't be treated like that. But it happens with other brands during seasonal sales. I remember sitting in Bottega Veneta boutique in New York waiting to catch some SA's attention, he was in a rush only appearing to pile up tons of bags without stuffing or dustbags as if they were pancakes. Meanwhile some not-that-civilized tourist was grabbing them one by one and putting aside, some slipped on the floor. It was very inappropriate but it was a sale time, so even though shopping experience was terrible price was good and I eventually helped myself and walked away with one bag. But I would never treasure that bag, you know, it doesn't have a luster of luxury that comes with attentive service and great presentation (the whole 'magic' was stolen), just a casual bag for a great price.

I hear your disappointment, Chloe bags shouldn't be treated like that. But it happens with other brands during seasonal sales. I remember sitting in Bottega Veneta boutique in New York waiting to catch some SA's attention, he was in a rush only appearing to pile up tons of bags without stuffing or dustbags as if they were pancakes. Meanwhile some not-that-civilized tourist was grabbing them one by one and putting aside, some slipped on the floor. It was very inappropriate but it was a sale time, so even though shopping experience was terrible price was good and I eventually helped myself and walked away with one bag. But I would never treasure that bag, you know, it doesn't have a luster of luxury that comes with attentive service and great presentation (the whole 'magic' was stolen), just a casual bag for a great price.
Thank you for your reactions. I think we're people who have a special connection with the bags and we want to take good care of them. And it hurts when others don't do that.