Help! 2.55 problem!!!

FashionJunkie

Dec 12, 2006
At the end of October i bought my Chanel bag from the boutique. Some days ago a friend pointed out that there is something weird at the corner. I checked and indeed the white string looks like it was glued... I don't know how to describe it so here is a picture. Look at the part i circled... the stitching looks weird. Compare it to the rest of the bag. In real life it looks worse.
My problem is that because i didn't have the chance to use my bag a lot, i never saw that. And it has a 30 day return policy. What do i do?!!?! It is not the end of the world but for a 3500€ bag i don't want anything ruin the look of it. What do you think?

20130106210258.jpg

At the end of October i bought my Chanel bag from the boutique. Some days ago a friend pointed out that there is something weird at the corner. I checked and indeed the white string looks like it was glued... I don't know how to describe it so here is a picture. Look at the part i circled... the stitching looks weird. Compare it to the rest of the bag. In real life it looks worse.
My problem is that because i didn't have the chance to use my bag a lot, i never saw that. And it has a 30 day return policy. What do i do?!!?! It is not the end of the world but for a 3500€ bag i don't want anything ruin the look of it. What do you think?

20130106210258.jpg
I would take it back and have the SA look at it maybe she can swamp out bags.

That does look bad, You still have the Receipt I would take it back and tell them you didn't notice it as you haven't used the bag. Because it is white, I would see what they have to say. Since you are not asking for a refund they might be able to swamp out the bag or fix it for you.

I can't really tell from the picture, but you can try bringing it in with the receipt. If it's a defect they will cover it up to a year, and you're still within the warranty period.

It looks like fine tears or cracks along the stitch lines- where the threads may have been stitched too deeply into the leather. I would definitely bring it to Chanel if I were you. GL!

Do you guys have any consumer protection law in the US that would cover this? Here in Australia we have laws that mean if a product is defective or doesn't do what it's meant to, then legally it has to be replaced. This might be helpful?