Arena Hip

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
I'm about to cheat on LV with my first Balenciaga. I saw the classic arena hip (rose color bag) at Barneys, but didn't get a chance to try it on. I love it though and I'm about to buy this online and wanted to know if you can tell me anything about it. Is it roomy? Does it get heavy? Straps comfy?

Don't really understand the difference between classic hip and giant hip. They have the same measurements, but different zipper pulls? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm adding the classic arena and arena giant photos here.

Attachments

• 501832368.png
    501832368.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 682
  • 501833120.png
    501833120.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 678
I don't own this so I can't really comment on how comfy the straps are but the difference between classic and giant is just the hardware.

Classic is referring to the normal hardware and the giant is the bigger hardware. Apart from that, I'm pretty sure everything is the same.

Giant refers to the size of the hardware not the size of the bag.
I dont have one but the hip is a very small bag -
I have the Town which is a small bag but very popular - I can fit my wallet, phone, glasses, etc. in it.

Thank you ladies. Yes the hardware looks different so thank you for the explanation.

I did look at the "town" bag and it's a bit big for me. So this is a good size.

Last edited:
LoVeinLA said:
Thank you ladies. Yes the hardware looks different so thank you for the explanation.

I did look at the "town" bag and it's a bit big for me. So this is a good size.

I am with you there on the town being too big.. I just looked in the Balenciaga reference library --> style reference under the thread that includes the shoulder and hip. There is a photo someone has with the contents and it looks perfect to hold your essentials. Enough for a long wallet, keys, phone, and a bit more.

I am with you there on the town being too big.. I just looked in the Balenciaga reference library --> style reference under the thread that includes the shoulder and hip. There is a photo someone has with the contents and it looks perfect to hold your essentials. Enough for a long wallet, keys, phone, and a bit more.

Thank you, yes... Just saw the thread. Very helpful.

I used to have one but didn't like the colour/hardware enough to keep it, I've been looking for a good priced black one with regular hardware, they are an excellent little bag and can hold enough for every day essentials - purse, phone, make up bag and keys.

Question...my mom just bought me the Hip as a holiday present, but it has the old strap (from pre-2013)....thinking of exchanging it for one with the new straps since the new strap is a bit thicker. The only thing is that I like the ease of turning it into a short shoulder bag with the old strap (because of the snap piece on the end of the pre-2013 hip straps). Does anyone have an opinion about this? Would like to know what other PF members think...

I have been really considering this one but instead I bought the Mulberry Small Bayswater bag. So far, I am loving it...not too small not too big for me though one day I still want this Balenciaga Arena Hip...classic or giant? still undecided.

Cheers!

Question...my mom just bought me the Hip as a holiday present, but it has the old strap (from pre-2013)....thinking of exchanging it for one with the new straps since the new strap is a bit thicker. The only thing is that I like the ease of turning it into a short shoulder bag with the old strap (because of the snap piece on the end of the pre-2013 hip straps). Does anyone have an opinion about this? Would like to know what other PF members think...

I wayyy prefer the old strap. As you say, it's more easily adjustable and it's longer too! IMO there's virtually no difference in thickness...

I wayyy prefer the old strap. As you say, it's more easily adjustable and it's longer too! IMO there's virtually no difference in thickness...

Thank you for your opinion!! :smile: I really like the color on the one that I already have so I want to keep it if the strap isn't inferior to the new strap....

Just thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone has gotten one recently. I've got my eye on one and this will be my first brand new Balenciaga, so I'm very excited. It looks like the perfect size for days where I just want the essentials. :smile: