Mitzy hobo vs messenger

Lucinda2012

Oct 13, 2012
Evening ladies

I'm thinking about a trip to York for a Mitzy, but am torn between the hobo and messenger. I have a bayswater so was thinking of a messenger for a bit of a change but was wondering how practical it was and whether you could adapt the strap to wear as a hobo style?

I'm a little biased on this as I just bought an Oak Mitzy Messenger from York this week and revealed it on here this afternoon! :smile:

I found the Mitzy hobo in York to be just a bit too big for me... in fact it was huge! (Great if you love your bags big though!)

I've found threads on here showing how to fold the messenger strap so you can wear it either cross body or hobo style. So for me the messenger bag offers the best of both worlds... as well as being a great size.

They also had EW hobo in stock though... that had a handheld strap as well as shoulder/cross body strap... maybe another option?

Kingla said:
I'm a little biased on this as I just bought an Oak Mitzy Messenger from York this week and revealed it on here this afternoon! :smile:

I found the Mitzy hobo in York to be just a bit too big for me... in fact it was huge! (Great if you love your bags big though!)

I've found threads on here showing how to fold the messenger strap so you can wear it either cross body or hobo style. So for me the messenger bag offers the best of both worlds... as well as being a great size.

They also had EW hobo in stock though... that had a handheld strap as well as shoulder/cross body strap... maybe another option?

Haha, I think it may have been your reveal earlier that got me going! I'll have a think, I'm swaying towards a black mitzy messenger at the moment, must stop looking at the reveals on here, it's putting all kinds of ideas in my head! Lol :smile:

Haha, I think it may have been your reveal earlier that got me going! I'll have a think, I'm swaying towards a black mitzy messenger at the moment, must stop looking at the reveals on here, it's putting all kinds of ideas in my head! Lol :smile:
Oooh, the black is lovely as well... classic and will be so hard-wearing... you'd get so much use out of it!

I saw a thread on here yesterday though saying that the outlet special bags (I think these include the Mitzy) could be stopped soon... so I think you should go for it, as it would be awful if you missed out!

Kingla said:
Oooh, the black is lovely as well... classic and will be so hard-wearing... you'd get so much use out of it!

I saw a thread on here yesterday though saying that the outlet special bags (I think these include the Mitzy) could be stopped soon... so I think you should go for it, as it would be awful if you missed out!

Haha, thanks for the extra encouragement! Just looked at some modelling photos of the hobo and I think you're right, it would probably be too big for me. The messenger looks ideal and I've been looking for something a little easier to care for than my oak bays, something I could take out to a busy pub and not spend the night panicking about spills :smile:

Must stop looking at the reveals on here, it's putting all kinds of ideas in my head! Lol :smile:

Never a truer word, Lucinda! They're absolutely lethal to sanity and bank balance, in equal amounts! ;) I hope you find the bag to suit you; tbh, I'd plump for the messenger, but if you can find them and try them with your stuff in, you'll get a better idea. Good luck - and keep us posted! :smile:

Evening ladies

I'm thinking about a trip to York for a Mitzy, but am torn between the hobo and messenger. I have a bayswater so was thinking of a messenger for a bit of a change but was wondering how practical it was and whether you could adapt the strap to wear as a hobo style?
I ab agree with Kingla and done exactly the same went to Bicester.
All the other mitzy's were massive on me as well.
My eggplant mitzy messener is just perfect.

Thanks guys, this has given me good for thought. I'll have a think over the next few days, I'm supposed to be on a temporary ban!

Already thinking about another Bays, people are right in saying Mulberrys are addictive!!

Lucinda2012 said:
Thanks guys, this has given me good for thought. I'll have a think over the next few days, I'm supposed to be on a temporary ban!

Already thinking about another Bays, people are right in saying Mulberrys are addictive!!

Think I may have kicked off a mulberry mitzy fan club!! I did a reveal a few weeks ago and never seen it mentioned and revealed so often!!! So glad everyone is loving the mitzy I personally have just bought mitzy messenger in black and it is a perfect throw around bag! Hobo is huge and the smaller version is now completely sold out but messenger is ideal as doubling the straps is so easy to do and still looks great ! Good luck with your search for the perfect mitzy! Xxxx

I've had the mitzy black messenger for 2 years, used most days even in rain. I also do the folding of the handle to do a hobo effect. only drawback is the colour. black is boring to always use- so I've just got in sale a somerset drawstring in oak, as it seems to be same type of hard wearing leather. York had oak mitzy messenger in on Friday as well as hobo. if I'd had my time again I'd have had oak messenger.

I'm a massive Mitzy fan and have both the messenger in black and the regular hobo in oak. I tend to swap the hobo and messenger straps depending on my mood. The leather is gorgeous and the black has been my work bag for almost 2 years and is still in very good condition.
IMO a really versatile, fabulous bag at a good price. Dread to think how they would be piced if they were launched now...

So... just started a thread on this but thought I'd ask the lovely ppl who helped me decide as well:

A few of you will know I've been lusting after a Mitzy messenger, well I ordered one from eBay and its just arrived and I'm really disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the bag itself is lovely, but the front plaque has tarnished. I've attached the photo advertised and a photo of the actual plaque. It was advertised as undamaged, just a few tiny scratches, but this is obviously not the case.

I've messaged the seller for a refund, she has a no returns policy but the item received was not as described. I'm hoping she'll take it back, she's been lovely so far but it did look like the plaque had been polished and damaged in the process.

If she refuses what are my options? How easy/quick is it to claim back against Paypal for goods not as described? I know for counterfeit goods it's fairly easy but unsure on this. It's just too obvious for me to put up with, the tarnish is clearly visible, I saw it within seconds.

Don't think I have the confidence to buy off EBay again, you can never be sure what you'll receive. Gutted :sad:

Attachments

• image-4034238940.jpg
    image-4034238940.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 842
  • image-4086867125.jpg
    image-4086867125.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 830