Birkin pain de pice

gaialady

Oct 23, 2011
Does anyone have anything of H with pain de pice color? I was offered the bag by phone and now wondering what the color looks like. It's glazed niloticus. Anyone has anything of similar color? Would be wonderful if you can share the picture. Thank you sooo much

Does anyone have anything of H with pain de pice color? I was offered the bag by phone and now wondering what the color looks like. It's glazed niloticus. Anyone has anything of similar color? Would be wonderful if you can share the picture. Thank you sooo much

It's a beautiful spice color. I don't have a picture, but I got to play with it when I was visiting the FSH store.

Hi Lala28,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I was also offered a nilo matte rouge H aside of the pain de pice... What do you think? Was very tempted to have both but sadly can't... You are the expert, i just been to your garden in search of the pain de pice, so how extensive yur collections are... Very much at awe:smile:

:flowers:Thanks, gaialady

The best way I can describe this color is nutmeg. I'm not a whiz in the kitchen, but when I look at the spices in my pantry, that's the color that comes to mind. It is a beautiful color in shiny croc. BEAUTIFUL.

Rouge H is indeed a classic color. In matte, it can look somewhere between a soft burgundy (with some brownish undertones) and a soft raspberry. I think rouge h in general (and in any leather) is a great neutral color and alternative to black or brown.

I really wish I had taken pictures of the shiny pain de pice bag!

Dear Lala28: thanks a ton for your detailed description of the color.. You are too kind, dear nolanm2000: thanks for your input too... Now, I'm sure I have to figure out a way to have both hahahaha

Mindi B said:
Might the color be "pain d'epices"? This means "gingerbread" in French, so that will give you an idea of the color. HTH.

Hee Hee! Yes, it does, but the gingerbread I always eat is a couple of shades darker than the color I saw in shiny nilo croc.

You know how that is when H colors are done in different leathers - I think they do that to keep us on our toes!

I posted this pic in the Perfect Match thread and am reposting here. It's exactly the shade of a pain d'epices that you can get in French supermarkets! It's a honey-brown shade, with orange undertones.

I don't have miel to compare but it's definitely more golden/orange than alezan or terre, which are in the brown family. HTH!

Edit: the azap is pain d'epices. The CDC is fauve barena.

Attachments

• IMG_7504.jpg
    IMG_7504.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 991
Thanks for all the inputs, yes it is indeed pain d'epices, Mindi B... Plumtree, your picture really helps..it is a beautiful color! Now, it's for me to decide, and after looking at rouge H pictures in this forum, i can't help noticing how beautiful it is too... Like what Tibaka said, sigh...anyway, thanks all for your help

I just got myself birkin matte rouge H..it's beautiful.i took it to my USA trip last December,I noticed it has more shine now and the color is redder now.
I love it more and more each day..
Good Luck!